So, erm... why hasn't Uber removed the boosters?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Bootuh, August 17, 2010.

1. Bootuh

Bootuh New Member

It's fairly obvious that the guys on top of the leaderboards boosted/hacked to get where they are.. so why hasn't Uber removed their scores by now?
  2. Rolo

Rolo New Member

To be honest, almost every single leaderboard on XBL is skewered, most of which are never "cleaned" out. It's sad really, but, as long as you can tell who is legit and who is garbage, shouldn't be too much of an issue.
  3. Arcell

Arcell New Member

Probably because they don't have 100% irrefutable, no shadow of a doubt evidence that they hacked/cheated/boosted to get there. Yes it can be inferred or even quite probable but without that kind of evidence it's a tricky situation.
  4. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

It's not an easy issue to fix. It's one of those things that seems like it should be easy, but when you look into it, there's a lot to consider.

Don't worry, we're aware and looking into it.
  5. Bootuh

Bootuh New Member

Thanks, that's good to know.
  6. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Yeah, it's not a question of us being squeamish about nuking entries, it's simply that it takes time to get a process in place to do that.
  7. Rolo

Rolo New Member

And this is usually the text book answer from other devs pertaining to other games. I know of a few games where it has taken a year or more to clean them up, only to have them messed up again within a week. Almost not even worth the effort. Anybody who plays the games regularly will be able to tell who is legit.
  8. Porshapwr

Porshapwr New Member

I've offered my services to other companies before of paying personal visits for castration of all boosters/cheaters/hackers/modders.

Nobody has taken me up on it yet. :(

Uber, just let me know. :twisted: