Update 8 [5/18/11]

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by [Knovocaine], May 18, 2011.

1. ars0n1st

ars0n1st Member

This patch basically turned the game into a 15 minute turtle deathmatch and 2 minutes of ball attack.

Juice nerfs plus the turrets buffed to level 2 makes early rush a near impossibility unless teams are horribly stacked. As Vlane said the one and only OP thing about juice, instant heal LOL now I win button, is still there. The damage reduction means you don't just stomp all over a base now but you can still instantly win any pro v pro fight.

OT nerf is workable I suppose. It does give the team with the better players a win though. Ball down...do miniscule damage...turtle at mid field the rest of the game and you win. The classes that could counter this idea by juicing up can't anymore because of the juice nerfs.

Implementing the nerfs in such a manner was a bad idea for what they want the game to be. That said; I don't mind the patch at all because I just play for K-D anyway. I never saw a point in trying to win before hand because an assassin or assault would just instagib your ball in OT no matter how terrible they were as a player otherwise. Now the team to get the ball down first wins with basically no chance of turning it around because they will set up turtle shop once they deal 1 point of damage to the ball.

I understand the need to cater to the majority in attempt to save the game. Most people just aren't very good gamers and play for fun or stress relief at the end of the day. I do have a problem with referring to the vast majority as the fans of the game though. Most of of the true diehard MNC fans I have spoken with do not like the patch and have said they are going to play a lot less or quit all together as a result of Monday Night Turtle patch.
  2. killien

killien Active Member

One thing that just came to mind, why not just disable Juice buying during OT and in the last 2 minutes before it?
  3. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

I dislike the juice changes.

I agree with a lot of the changes but there is sort of a "one thing or the other" balance between juice and turrets. I just don't think juice is worth it if all that it can do very well is kill players.

I love the other changes though.
  4. verden

verden New Member

God damn it! This many updates, and still nothing on the sin! I mean come on! I don't have problems with sniping the enemy, but I mean the assassin is invisible! I mean finally you took away our juice and capability of turning a match, but hey! What about the invisible son of a *****?!

Besides, more health to the sniper and perhaps a x2 zoom function would also be just dandy!

I mean sure, modding tools to give us a chance to help the community would be neat, but honestly I'd rather see you making chicken heads for the rockit turrets, PLEEEEEZE?!
  5. Goose

Goose Active Member

I agree, Sniper needs buffs. I'm thinking Flak Bullets and Ice Proximity Mines.
  6. Robinson

Robinson New Member

The fact that the very first question that was answered by an Uber employee was a very trivial question 6 pages into a thread about some pretty game changing, lets say, 'fixes'. Shows that either every other post doesn't deserve an answer or they don't have an answer for them. Then to justify not responding to my posts because of 'smart *** comments' pretty much blankets the rest of the thread. Now, I don't have anything against any Uber employees personally, but to be pointed out like that and saying I wont get a response because of the way I post is a pretty **** move. Regardless of what has been said by me or anyone else, Ekanaut is representing the company behind this website, and should have represented them well, yet did not. Scathis on the other hand, made a very imformative post about the changes and the resoning behind them. Wheather I support the changes or not, Scathis did a good job on doing them gave good resons behind them and presented it proffessionally.

My problem here is not the lack of response, it's the way I was responded to. Take what you want from my posts, make your own judgement on me, but if you are representing someone, you really should do it proffessionally.
  7. Goose

Goose Active Member

Get over it.
  8. AARPS

AARPS New Member

OT, redacted
  9. eternal

eternal New Member

25+50+100 = less than 150?

Sorry Scathis but until a LB builds itself up to level 3 or is stronger than a level 1 rocket turret or is cheaper at level 3 than a level 1 rocket than it will never be worth taking.

The ONLY advantage a level 3 LB has over a level 1 rocket is longer range + no projectile firing (so higher accuracy.) but you give up a TON.

First off, you have to baby sit the turret while it builds up level 1 and 2 because you can't leave a level 1 or 2 LB alone because it WILL die. A level 1 rocket takes 1 more second of build time, but the animation of the shields raising and lowering totals more than that for the total time it takes to make a level 3 LB. Not to mention that you can build a level 1 Rocket and know that during those 10seconds it is safe, whereas you have to stay next to the LB because you have to keep feeding money into it until it is done. This limits your ability to remain mobile.

A rocket turret is also harder to hit and has 10% more health than a level 3 LB deals more damage, has knockback, and can shoot over small walls on LazeRazor. It also is upgradable which is a big deal since there is no way to remove a turret from your own nub.
  10. six_pounder

six_pounder New Member

I like turtles
  11. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

oh something else that i have noticed since the last patch, assassins when going cloak can change to the other teams color

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/55978 ... C5692D82A/ it was on my team since you can see the names green but it was going blue when going into cloak and when coming out of it
  12. Coverop

Coverop New Member

It's kinda old bug.
    I've found this 3 updates ago but I couldn't get a pic.
  13. eternal

eternal New Member

Not a bug, assassins now have the spies "disguise kit"
  14. Coverop

Coverop New Member

Right. Now It's feature.
  15. rdj

rdj New Member

So yeah, after running through it the game is in almost all ways worse now, no way to really describe it in any other fashion.

The only pro I can think about is that juiced players are now slightly more killable.

As for the cons:

Nobody leaves their base until ot. When they do it's either going to be a 1 minute rush win that the autobalance still seems completely inadequate for weeding out, or they're about to lose. And if any bots get through, you just lose. There's no point playing it out unless you have a dedicated tank/gunner.

Building on that, tanks/gunners are now entirely necessary in all games at all times if you ever want to reliably win a match. Gunners you just straight need to take down a turret that's defended (which they all are now, since no one does anything else), and tanks because the two spawn bouncers. Bouncers that still take down moneyball shields. Just why, uber? There is absolutely no reason for them to still do this when tapping the ball for damage is so game ending. The way it plays out, if bouncers are spawned the other team has to immediately treat them as a priority at all times or risk losing outright; this only gets worse as the game goes on because while the initial bots are just annoying enough to force defense, they gain the other team enough map control to start farming money and eventually reach a point where there's just too many to deal with. Keep in mind gremlins would also probably do this, but they have no health and die instantly in full waves to any aoe. A single bouncer has the effect of taking a targeted player out of action for a considerable amount of time in order to deal with them.

Oh, and I didn't think this would have been overlooked but there's apparently an exploit with players leaving and rejoining servers, using the money to continuously spawn bots. Was just in a game where a support was spawning endless streams of gapshots by leaving/rejoining. Before I just assumed that if you used your initial funds to buy bots and leave the ones you spawned would just die, but now with people starting lategame with $1000+ dollars wouldn't they be able to insta-turret their whole base? Dunno if that works though.

Ed: Just tested, and you don't spawn repeatedly with $1000, but you do always spawn with the initial $300. So the worst you could do is spawn level 2 turrets everywhere and spam endless bot streams that stick around through joins.
  16. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Did the bacon drop rate go up?

I got 4 bacon in the last 2 games I just played.
  17. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

Not that I've seen, but chances of getting a ground zero or headcrab seems to be much higher now for some reason.
  18. daztora

daztora New Member

No your just a boss.
  19. Coverop

Coverop New Member

Also I've found some new voice lines while playing Tank....(I barely play as a Tank).
    Undocumented change?
  20. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

I heard mickey say something about a change to the rules of the game....

Dunno if its new.

I've played a few matches with more experienced players (Mostly as gunner) and I like the changes a good deal. But that is just it. The more experienced players know to keep pressing and take any aggressive advantage. The newer players seemed to stay back.

The juice nerf does hurt because it takes away the ability of a single person to break the line and seems to require that more than one person juice to keep that pressure up or have teammates there to support the push much like ubercharge. Its not as bad as before when I really HATED the change but I can definitely see problems with teamwork when there are less experienced or turtling teammates who wont listen.