Can Uber explain how their tournament worked?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by T4CT, August 17, 2010.

1. T4CT

T4CT New Member

I'm not going to turn this into a complaint thread because I imagine there's enough demand for private match team-selection that it's already being addressed internally, but since we can't be certain when a patch/update will be pushed out

if someone from Uber (or someone who knows) could explain how you guys managed to keep assigned teams for the duration of your dev-hosted tournament, that'd be greatly appreciated. We're trying to start an internal league and it's a little bit of a chore so any insight would be greatly appreciated.

We suspect you guys had two people from opposing teams join up first and by sending out game invites from your respective sides, you tricked the randomized matchmaking into keeping you together similar to how a party remains (relatively) intact during the traditional crossfire process. If this isn't how it was done, and you're open to explaining how to do it for the average consumer, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
  2. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

Ill lend my insight, though I may be wrong.

It was a 5 vs 5 tournament with 1 developer on each team to spectate.

ShadowStorm would invite 5 players, then Ekanaut, who would invite 5 players. The 5 invited by Eka were on a team, and the same with ShadowStorm.

Then I got shot in the face.
  3. ZeroHourHero

ZeroHourHero New Member

Actually it went like this:

They started a private match (PRess X when in crossfire screen)

Then they invited the teams 1 at a time, as the teams are split based on join order.

After the first team was in they invited the 2nd, after the 2nd was in another uberent person would join to fill the 12th spot so no one else could join.
  4. T4CT

T4CT New Member

Smitty's comment is how we thought it went but just in case

do you know how they're split based on join order? is it kind of a "you're #1 you're #2 you're #1 you're #2" similar to playground style games, or is it a "first five on this team last five on this team? kind of thing.

The goal is a 4v4 or 5v5 league but having a spectator for each team simply isn't plausible so we're looking for a way around having two extra guys.
  5. sokoto

sokoto New Member

First people to join then next people join is how it works.

So first 5 who join are a team then next 5 who join are a team.
  6. T4CT

T4CT New Member

Perfect; still waiting on an easier way but this'll work for now. Thanks guys!