Star Rating is even more broken now.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by Lyrae, April 25, 2011.

1. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Stop giving a sh*t.
  2. Kurnuttaja

Kurnuttaja New Member

Ye, why are people even complaining about the star rating, it is entirely so stupid system so it is better off broken.
  3. Thaxor

Thaxor New Member

I think one reason people are complaining is because, no matter what, people don't like that inaccuracy about them. Whether it's the star rating or your gpa, it's annoying if it's not right.

Say you are auditing a class, the grade will appear on your transcript, but won't be calculated into your gpa. Now in this instance it really doesn't matter if the transcript reads A or F, but lets say you did get that A, but the stupid TA lifted his hand to drink some coffee, set them down askew of homerow and typed an F instead of an A. Well it doesn't matter since it's not calculated into your gpa, but wouldn't you grimace a bit everytime you saw it, or worse yet, had to turn that transcript in to another school or the like?

I think something similar is happening here. Even if the star rating is "worthless" people don't like falsehoods being told about them. On a visceral leveling, seeing your rating plummet .7 points on now fault of your own just bothers alot of people.

Further, if the star rating is going to be the basis for matchmaking then it's essential to get it right. You can bitch about how you don't like it and are a superior being who has ascended above the needs to be concerned with it, but as long as the matchmaking depends on it, you should support it getting fixed. Bad match making means (in part) new players getting stomped by much more experienced players, which is unhealthy for the game.
  4. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

Go get 50+ and 0 deaths 10 games in a row with 0 bot kills, don't attack turrets or moneyballs at all the whole time, and taunt as many kills as you safely can.

Your rating will be 5 stars, Pretty much guaranteed.
  5. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

#1 just ignore it. Thats what they taught you about the Hitler propoganda and the bullies at school who teased you.

#2 LOLOL matchmaking
  6. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

40-8
    MVP
    Winning team
    Played the whole game

Rating went down!
  7. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

Did you kill bots?
  8. roadkillgrill

roadkillgrill Active Member

I haven't changed my playstyle and I get between 4.2 and 4.5 usually. I really don't see what the big deal is with the star system.

Why isn't anyone complaining about their star rating going up? It has to go up for it to go down else there be allot more ppl with less than 1 star at the rate people complain about them going down.
  9. Xalerwons

Xalerwons New Member

All drastic rating changes are in a downwards trend (except in the first day of ratings implementation.)

herp derp derp

derpity derp derp derp

herpy derp
  10. Revolution_Jones

Revolution_Jones New Member

Because the match before my last one, I finished 11k, 11a, 2d, 87b, putting me at 3.93.

My last match? Where I went 37k, 27a, 9d, and 152b? I'm now at 3.76.

The rating system still matches by the numbers. If I'm put on an uneven team and lose because of that, my rank suffers... leaving me to be put on worse teams.
  11. jrave

jrave Member

I got myself back up around 4.30 or so. Switched servers and got into the game late. I had just loaded into the start area when the game finished so my score was all 0's. I dropped down to 3.52 from that game.

WTB grace period between entering game and it ending.
  12. Z-UNIT

Z-UNIT Active Member

how does having a lower ranking put you onto worse teams?
    theoretically the teams should be even
  13. AmazeTheory

AmazeTheory New Member

I hope star rating doesn't come to 360. Sounds more trouble than help to be honest.
  14. Vlane

Vlane New Member

If something is useless it is neither.
  15. Revolution_Jones

Revolution_Jones New Member

Theoretically yes. But tell me you haven't noticed the high 3's and 4's on one team, and the low 3's and 2's on the other.
  16. Z-UNIT

Z-UNIT Active Member

like i said theoretically
    that falls out the window when people leave after the teams have also been selected
    also if you are so certain that you are a better player than your ranking suggests does that not even out the teams or even tip the balance in your favour?

as i have said before hide all indications of star rankings from players but keep and tweak it behind the scenes for matchmaking purposes
  17. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

i lose a game my rating stays the same, i win it goes up, i lose it stays the same, i win it goes up....wtf.....even i think it should of dropped
  18. killien

killien Active Member

Time played seems to be one of the bigger factors.
    It seems like every time I get in an ongoing game with 5 minutes or less I lose at least .5 star regardless of how well or horribly I'd done
  19. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

Good to know they aren't punishing people for just one single bad game then, I guess.
  20. Z-UNIT

Z-UNIT Active Member

in the games you lose where are you on the scoreboard? and apart from losing what did your stats look like

i have found that finishing first on the losing team stars will quite often go up assuming reasonable stats