MNC League.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by TOO Jhar, August 16, 2010.

1. TOO Jhar

TOO Jhar New Member

Hey guys, kinda new to this board and all, but LOVING the game and all there is to it. Best 15 bucks i have ever spent!

What i'm trying to get together is a MNC league. Complete with teams, a season, and a Tourney. There will be bragging rights, prizes, and of course, lots of fun. But, i need some people to get this off the ground, need some groundwork for rules, etc. I just think that this game, played with actual strategy and competitively, can be 10x more fun than basically ANYTHING the Xbox has to offer right now. MW2 can be rage inducing, same with BC2, and most other Shooters. This game however, is a blast no matter how bad you are doing, and always feels good to end up winning in the end.

So what i'm trying to get at is, who would be interested in a MNC "Season"? It wouldn't last THAT long, depending on the amount of interest and amount of teams i could get. The end tourney would be the big main thing.

So a short Summary.
    -A MNC Season, complete with a Tournament at the end.
    -Prizes and bragging rights.
    - Great way to play competitively, and a great way to have fun and meet new people.
    - A great way to also learn the game.

And of course, if the devs want to make a Team and try to compete, they would be more than welcome to ;)

Would anyone be interested in this?
  2. TOO Jhar

TOO Jhar New Member

Bump for the night, Will bump one more time tomorrow before i accept defeat :(
  3. The_Jx4

The_Jx4 New Member

"Too early, I think we should just live together and see how things go, then we'll settle down babe."
  4. Spooze

Spooze New Member

I think it's a good idea, but there really isn't much with the private match setup. Should wait and see if they add more options to private matches.
  5. Rolos

Rolos New Member

Yeah, the private match system kinda kills this idea :cry:
    If they update the game and let you choose teams I see no reason why not :)
  6. Grimnir_XIX

Grimnir_XIX New Member

That would be a great idea! Uber you created a sport! Make it happen! :D
  7. TOO Jhar

TOO Jhar New Member

Bumpers! How does Uber like this idea? maybe add some options for easier implementation?
  8. GameScrub

GameScrub New Member

This would totally rock! I haven't tried it yet, but does private match allow you to switch between teams once they have been invited? :D
  9. PlatinumX

PlatinumX New Member

Uber needs to fix the private match setup, because this game is set up perfectly for competitions. However, I have heard that the private match picks teams based on what order people join the private match. For example, if there is 8 people, the first 4 people that joined are on one squad, the last 4 that joined are on the 2nd squad. I still need to test it out, but thats what people are claiming on the Gamebattles forums.
  10. TOO Jhar

TOO Jhar New Member

If that's the case, then we could prolly rig it for now and do it like the 1st team joins, then the second team joins.

I'm hoping for a confirm/deny maybe from a dev? And how they would feel about something like this?
  11. SurfyTurtle

SurfyTurtle New Member

we can still get together add play pickup private matches for more fun competitive p,lay than pubs add MNC Scrim LisT
  12. Crash

Crash New Member

This is something I'm actually working on. Actual weekly scheduled matches and all that good stuff. If anyone is interested here you go. http://controllerspike.com/forum/index.php

And no, this is not some random new website. It is new but, I've been doing fun and sponsored leagues for 5 years now. :) Hope to see some of you competing soon on this awesome title.
  13. TOO Jhar

TOO Jhar New Member

14. TOO Jhar

TOO Jhar New Member

Bump for one more time
  15. FiercelyFuzzy

FiercelyFuzzy New Member

I thought it was (first team joins) (second team joins)
  16. Tvayumat

Tvayumat New Member

I'd like to throw my hat into the discussion here. The idea of organized league play occurred to me a while ago. I think Uberent will likely release a patch for private matches soon, and once that is done we can make this happen.

I am all in favor of establishing a rules system and would like to be the first to propose a rule.

No more than one of each class on either team.
    There are more than enough classes to go around for a 6v6 game, and this will prevent teams from achieving victory through min-maxing. In the spirit of organized sports, victory should be achieved through raw skill and strategy, playing the game as it was meant to be played. For that matter, you don't see football teams with eight quarterbacks now do you? This rule exists in every other sport on the planet, this is precisely why uberent named the classes "positions".
  17. TOO Jhar

TOO Jhar New Member

I was going to establish that rule. But have a 2 class max instead. Some people are not as good with other classes and can switch as easily as others. I want some room, but no 6 man gunner teams or 3 assassins on 1 team.