Well, I hit 5 stars

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by killien, April 26, 2011.

1. Goose

Goose Active Member

L-Spiro, I usually considered you a good poster and I never heard you say very much in terms of flames towards other posters but this post makes me change my opinions of you quite a bit. there was absolutely no reason to post this except to vent which I can not appreciate in the slightest bit.

You could have just left...
  2. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

Your previous opinions are far more accurate.

This was the wrong topic for what I had to say, and I didnt really need to say it at all.
    Real-life problems have been mounting for a while now and in the last few days this is not the only place where I have been out of character, on an unusually loose trigger, venting online to make up for the fact that I have nowhere to vent in real-life.

However, I was already looking back on this thread and considering the error of my way.
    It doesnt matter what is happening in my personal life. This is not the place to vent, this was not the thread for what I wanted to say, and what I wanted to say didnt need to be said.

Fret it not, mi amigo.
    Until these personal issues blow over, I will be taking appropriate measures to make sure this does not happen again.

L. Spiro
  3. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

finally reached 5.0 by intentionally avoiding in-progress games

normally I'd always lose like 0.5 on my first game by joining late, then only play enough in a row to make it back up.. end up going nowhere
  4. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

They really need to fix that. The amount you can gain or lose should be multiplied by (TimeYouPlayed / TotalMatchTime).

L. Spiro
  5. Goose

Goose Active Member

k
  6. Skull Man

Skull Man New Member

I went from 5.00 stars to 4.17 when I joined a game ten seconds before it ended. I switched servers after that, and I went from 4.17 to 3.78 when I joined two minutes before it ended. Ugh, haha. After around fifteen more games, I've pushed it back up to 4.8 or so.

...coolbeans
  7. killien

killien Active Member

Since I don't want to start another thread about it...

GRAAAH!! 1 kill away! ONE from the 25streak protag
    But NOOO, my team just had to finish off the MB before I could get those last few shots in

Bastages...
  8. Robbert

Robbert New Member

Life is hard. My tip for you is: spawncamp more. ;)
  9. killien

killien Active Member

Actually at that point I was
  10. Vlane

Vlane New Member

What a horrible person you are.
  11. Robbert

Robbert New Member

Somebody followed my advice, alright he did it sooner than i said it, but somebody followed my advice, OH MY GOD. Just trolling. ;)
  12. killien

killien Active Member

They were barely making it out of their base at the time anyway
  13. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Horrible person, oh so horrible.
  14. killien

killien Active Member

[GLaDOS]You monster.[/GLaDOS]
  15. Revolution_Jones

Revolution_Jones New Member

I'll say it before, I'll say it again. There's something wholly weird about individual ratings in a team-driven game.
  16. Espiodude2

Espiodude2 New Member

Especially since they are only determined from K/D, because healing, or assists don't seem to do anything, and it's a team game... *sigh*.
  17. daztora

daztora New Member

Welcome to my world.
  18. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Yeah, the star rating is totally K:D related, which is why it increases for me in skillplay...
  19. Skull Man

Skull Man New Member

Not anymore. Bots play a huge factor now. If you decide to go forever-alone and play a game by yourself, you can move you star rating up from just the bot kills and turret kills.

edit:
    Sensing sarcasm. Use of "yeah" and "totally" and "..." are strikingly suspicious.
  20. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

Yeah bot kills are definitely a factor now. Really I think the star system needed to include a lot more in terms of promoting teamwork before it was implemented in the first place.

I would factor in heals and assists. Mainly because a good support will be mostly healing with his firebase doing the killing and even then its kind of hard to get what is considered "good" by other class standards.