Assassin Exploit?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by Skull Man, May 4, 2011.

1. Skull Man

Skull Man New Member

Hey,

So when you smoke bomb as assassin, we all know that you jump super high. If you tap 'dash' right as you jump though, your high jump will result in much, much more distanced, and I believe your maneuverability increases as well (due to your increased speed).

This allows assassins to smoke-bomb-jump to the moneyball from significantly increased distances, which gives a huge advantage when it comes to keeping the moneyball down.

This 'tap dash before jumping' applies to normal jumps as well, yielding increased speed and jump distance.

I was wondering if this is considered an exploit...or a feature...
  2. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Quite and old thing, but I would hardly say it's an exploit. "Clever use of game mechanics" fits better.
  3. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

Never works for me. I thought it was patched. :shock:
  4. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

it's just really hard to do consistently

you have to be moving forward to use the dash skill, but moving forward before jumping usually also cancels the super jump. You have to get the timing just right to be able to turn dash on without screwing up the super jump.

It's possible that having a high ping makes it easier though
  5. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Doing it on a consistent basis is rather impossible.

And do not attempt it when your life depends on it. Only I can do that because I'm the better assassin here.
  6. Skull Man

Skull Man New Member

Yeah, I realize that this has been known since the dawn of time, but I'm bringing it up now since I've got numerous complaints about me using it yesterday. I do it 100% of the time that I attempt it - not sure why you guys would find it so difficult. I guess there is some sort of rhythm to it. Just seems unfair since I believe it doubles if not almost triples the distance you can travel. I wouldn't know for sure since I haven't done a 'normal' super jump in ages...
  7. Skull Man

Skull Man New Member

I decided to do some investigative research, lol. It increases the jump distance by roughly 1.5 times. Which I suppose isn't extraordinary, but it's still quite significant, and I see no reason why something like this would be "intended"
  8. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

what kind of pings do you play with, skull man?
  9. Skull Man

Skull Man New Member

I usually ping around mid-twenties to mid-thirties, but I normally have to play on a really crappy laptop that overheats, which results in low-ish framerates every so often. I'll test out the sprint-jumping on my brother's desktop when I get the time, but I don't recall 60 frames per second making it any harder.

I should also mention that sprint-jumping reduces the need to upgrade the sprint ability, because you can simply keep sprint jumping in rapid succession, which doesn't really require any sprint-ability-recharge. So you can pretty much hop around at near-sprint-3 speeds with sprint 1.
  10. verden

verden New Member

You might want to try making a small jump backwards before engaging in the dash jump, it mistakes the character for being midair as the backward animation is similar to the "in air" animation. It's quite hard to do 'cause you have to time both the backjump and the dashjump, but it roughly get's you from your spawn in Funland to the enemy's spawn with the added jumpheight.