Some classes feel like they have been cheated out of skills

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by XelNigma, August 17, 2010.

1. XelNigma

XelNigma New Member

It feels like some classes got cheated out of having real skills while otheres clearly have more than 3.
    for example
    the tank has his grenade, deploy, and dash, but then he also has his alt-fire flame spin ability. he clearly has more than 3 skills.

while other classes like the gunner has stomp, deploy, and grab. every class has grab as an alt-function with there sub weapon, why give him alt-fire grab and then normal skill grab? its like he got cheated out of a skill. instead of a grapple he should have the tank's grenade skill, and the tank should get some kind of invulnerability shell that draws all the AI bots to attack him for a short while. This way the gunner is more of the heavy damage mid range fighter hes suppose to be and the tank is more of a, well tank, like hes suppose to be. Also, whats the point of the spin up on his minigun? its normal spin up time is like 0.5 sec...

I also dont like that multiple classes share the same abilitys, such as grapple on the gunner and sniper. or deploy on the tank and gunner. granted each often level up differently, in the end they function the same and do the same things.

the only grapple skill I dont feel like is a waste is the assault's dash and grapple skill, granted its basically a combined effect if the tank's dash and the gunner's grab skills.

I dont know if its done for balance reasons or what, but alot of the skills just seem to be on the wrong classes, What does a sniper need with a grapple skill? he should have a tracer shot that drops an air strike or something long ranged like that.

why does the support have the strongest "grenade" like ability in the game? He should have something like a deployable force field wall that stops bullets and give allies a place on the field to take cover.

Just seems like alot of the abilitys are wrong for there classes. Like I said, I dont know if this was done to balance out the classes or what, but it just seems weird to me.
  2. Strykz

Strykz New Member

I can see what you're getting at, but gunner is the most OP class in the current game. It is for no more reason than balance.
  3. XelNigma

XelNigma New Member

I havent play this much more than a day or so, and Iv yet to play the pvp game, currently Im just fighting bots. So I cant say what class is and isnt over or under powered, but judgeing from all the topics... well every class appears to be OP.

funny thing is I feel like they dont do enough damage in blitz mode.

I'm not trying to talk about balance, balance can be tweeked and tweeked on for years and still never get it right, im more interested in functionality.
    First step is getting the right abilitys on the right classes, second step is balancing the abilitys with the class as a whole.
    You want your classes to each fill there own nitche, right now it seems there trying to make them all "well-rounded" by giving them all long ranged, short ranged and aoe attacks. I feel this is a very bad way to go about it.

Why on earth would a sniper need 2 grapple abilitys? he should never be in the situtation to require 2 grapple abilitys, one on his alt weapon is good enough for when an enemy is too close. Instead he should have an ability he can use while hes scoped in on the enemy. The traps I understand, but that poison cloud thing doesnt fit a sniper at all. this guy is a prime example of them trying to make the classes "well rouned" instead of filling the nitche he should be trying to fill.

I think the only class im sorta happy with (as in the abilitys they have) is the assassin. Like iv said, iv yet to play the pvp games and I think thats really where the assassin is suppose to be played. her sprint ability could probably be replaced with something else, and give stealth an upgrade in movment while cloaked, seeing as the only time you us sprint is when your using stealth also. I was disappointed that the shurikens never get upgraded like the gunners grenade launcher does. Some reason I just love shurikens.
  4. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

To answer one of your questions, the spinup on the minigun isn't a time before it starts firing. It's a time where he fires more slowly. It takes him a second or so to reach his full damage output
  5. jjcpockets

jjcpockets New Member

The only skill I feel is a waste is tank's deploy, he just doesn't have the fire power to take advantage of it like the gunner does. Then again, I don't play much tank so I can't complain that it's useless.
  6. Q27

Q27 New Member

The Tank's/Gunner's hover ability isn't a skill, yet Assault's is. I find that odd.
    The Sniper's grapple skill is totally different than his SMG grapple. And it is nice to be able to grapple twice consecutively. ;)
  7. CausticSushi

CausticSushi New Member

Pretty sure they share the same timer... *needs to check now* >_>

Edit: Love the shield ability idea for the support, seems much more supportive than a 1-shot airstrike that most players see coming. Also the tank agro thing is a fantastic idea.
  8. The Reaver

The Reaver New Member

Tank Deploy and Gunner Grapple are worthless. Don't spend your money on them--just buy turrets and other stuff instead. Assault Jetpack is kind of weird as a skill.

Sniper Grapple is fine though. He needs some sort of quick close combat maneuver, and the Grapple works great.
  9. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

I love the jetpack! That combined with his charge makes him a mobility monster!
  10. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

The way the assault's jetpack works fits into being a skill, it helps see how much air time you have left also since the skills have a value bar.