How Not To Be A Noob At Monday Night Combat

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by heatburns, August 17, 2010.

1. heatburns

heatburns New Member

So I put together this basic tips article for new players yet to grasp MNC much past the tutorial. Did I miss much? What do you think? Am I, in fact, still a noob myself and therefore now also a hypocrite and a sinner?

http://n4g.com/news/585427/how-not-to-b ... bat-rundlc

You never know you, you may even learn something (but seeing as you're on the MNC forums, maybe not). I'm prepared for your judgements either way and will take them honourably (probably).
  2. Screwbeck

Screwbeck New Member

While it taught me nothing I didn't already know, it was well written and an enjoyable read. "Basic Tips" was a good way to describe it. (Thumbs Up Icon)
  3. heatburns

heatburns New Member

Thanks Screwbeck! If it kept you reading and you already know more than the basic tips contained within, then I'll retire tonight a happy man.

England dictates it's now past bedtime but I'll check back in the morning to see if anyone else has had a chance to read it and let me know their thoughts. If I want to get better at this and make a proper go of it, then I have to get feedback on how I'm doing, both the good and the bad.

Thanks in advance for your honesty. /cheese
  4. nailhead04

nailhead04 New Member

I read it and thought it was very well written. You also gently pushed people away from being dummies, like checking your team mates class choices and deciding whats best for the team. Great Job.
  5. Black Dragon

Black Dragon New Member

Although I knew all of the information in the guide, it was still well written and informative.

I would certainly recommend it to new players.
  6. Xbawx

Xbawx New Member

Really good article. Great read even though I didn't learn anything.
  7. Necroscourge

Necroscourge New Member

Its good he called out the spamming of the Free Kill class.
  8. heatburns

heatburns New Member

Thanks guys. I've been thinking that another basic tip I missed is how useful it can be to spawn your own friendly bots. Especially those sneaky gremlins.

I've also realised that I should have referred to Newbs rather than Noobs and then felt ill due to the fact that I would dare to use either. Makes me feel all dirty and not in the good way.