The most Overpowered class

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Coverop, April 26, 2011.

?

Who is the most overpowered class in Monday Night Combat?

1. Assassin

10 vote(s)
    10.1%
  2. Assault

27 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Tank

9 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Gunner

5 vote(s)
    5.1%
  5. Sniper

46 vote(s)
    46.5%
  6. Support

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. Espiodude2

Espiodude2 New Member

Dat sarcasm.
  2. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

This space is reserved for laughing at the two who voted for Support.

L. Spiro
  3. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

In a way, I think his Firebase can be considered OP due to it being a killing machine without need to aim whatsoever, especially combined with Hack 3, but apart from that, the Support cannot really kill.
  4. Rocket_Puppy

Rocket_Puppy New Member

I'm actually a bit shocked how many people think that Sniper is over powered. He could use a little recoil, and damage flinch but otherwise the map is a big factor in how effective a sniper can be.

I find assault to be a tiny bit over powered. The sticky bomb needs some way to be avoided, its very frustrating to know where it is, and not be able to get down a lane or path because a sticky bomb is there. Sniper traps can be jumped over; trying that with an assault bomb is a good way to get ringed out.
  5. eternal

eternal New Member

Rocket Puppy I'm a assault main and I personally think that the bombs should be subject to the same rules as the ice traps, explosives should detonate them.

That being said, I also believe that if that is implemented, the ability to recharge your bomb while it is deployed will need to return (or allow a 50% recharge)
  6. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Sounds good.

Also, this thread isn't even about this anymore pretty much. Someone felt the necesity to accidentally a whole new PC Sniper Nerf thread. That is the obscure goal of this apparently.
  7. Goose

Goose Active Member

What are you talking about? This tread was to get a poll on the PC community's beliefs on the games balance. It just so happens that the majority of the forum think the Sniper is over powered.
  8. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Been the case since it came out, won't ever change. Even if the sniper rifle range was nerfed to 2 meters, people would still constantly cry using the "it is a OHKO" arguement. So is a pancake, a backstab, a charge-deathblossom, a headcrab, and airstrike...
  9. verden

verden New Member

Bro gets it.

I mean the chance of someone actually getting a headshot is the very same of someone getting a headcrab or an airstrike.

Come on people. Let the sniper be as he is for us mediocre peepz. We luvz the game too :)
  10. Goose

Goose Active Member

I want to take a peek through your crystal ball.
  11. eternal

eternal New Member

Except, not ONE of those has infinite range, is instant, and on a less than a second cooldown. Well except for headshots.
  12. Awpteamoose

Awpteamoose Active Member

Darling, we had a small talk and decided you're too mediocre to snipe on skillplays. So we've decided to take this guy, whatshisname, Crabman instead of you. No hard feelings.
  13. verden

verden New Member

WHAT?! ARE YOU KIDD-... oh, oh Crabman. Oh well leaving the spot to be replaced by the greatest one of them all, well it would simply be an honour.
  14. Vlane

Vlane New Member

While we're at it, Moose, I thought about this a long time and I believe we should replace you with BroTranquility in the skillplays. He's just a better tank.
  15. verden

verden New Member

INTERVENTIONS FTW.

noh, noh, but really. Sniper's fine. He stay.
  16. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Quiet, you are no longer part of the skillplays.
  17. Awpteamoose

Awpteamoose Active Member

Ah, well, I knew this day would come.
  18. killien

killien Active Member

Me, I'd rather it recharge to full, but very slowly if you have a bomb out already
    Ex: If it's 1minute to recharge normally, 3-5 minutes to recharge with a bomb out
  19. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

when I only get a 7kdr I call it a bad game/day and generally go killwhore as heavy in tf2.

Sniper is an excellent bot killer. It takes two headshots with passive 3 to wipe an entire bot wave did I forget to mention they can dothat from nearly anywhere on the map?
  20. TNine

TNine New Member

It takes four headshots after the first jakbot wave, and five or six after the second jackbot wave. Two clips without silver clip. So pretty powerful, but not as powerful as "press shift from across the map", and if you are being overtly agressive, a sniper can struggle to get set up.