Problems with Uncle Tully

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Vlane, April 23, 2011.

1. TheWilder

TheWilder New Member

Assasins have problems with Assaults, Assaults hates good snipers, which places ice traps everywhere and have no problems headshoting you, no matter how hard you try.
    Space and time continuum is still fine, before Friday and Baby, Baby is mixed up or before someone divides by zero O:)
  2. Robinson

Robinson New Member

Has anyone tried to trap the land of the rainbow jump? Just wondering how the ice trap reacts on there.
  3. daztora

daztora New Member

I think traps bug out on the jump pad In the middle.
  4. Robinson

Robinson New Member

How?
  5. Robbert

Robbert New Member

It will disappear, i think, just like a firebase.
  6. killien

killien Active Member

Something screwy has been going on lately.
    Play a round on FULand and during the end tally/scoreboard, it'll say "Time Remaining... 42" and just sit there
    As far as I can tell the server crashes because I never see it listed when I return to the browser
  7. Vlane

Vlane New Member

8. killien

killien Active Member

That just umbrellas the entire patch as I don't see anyone mentioning it only happening after a round of FULand

[edit]Eh, posted the question of whether or not the admins noticed it was specific to Tully's or not
  9. Vlane

Vlane New Member

It can happen on every map.
  10. killien

killien Active Member

Never seen it on anything but Tully's :\
  11. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

It just happened to me on spunky but I'm glad they have a fix coming
  12. Z-UNIT

Z-UNIT Active Member

definitely happens on all maps
    during a 2-3 hour session i have had to change servers after every map due to this bug
    other times i have managed 3+ hours without it happening
  13. Skull Man

Skull Man New Member

One thing I'm curious about - when I first started playing on Uncle Tully, I could take the rainbow jump pad and control where I land (i.e. - when low on health in the enemy's base, I could launch myself upward, regain health, trick enemies into launching themselves into bounce-pit, and land back down in the enemy's base.)

I haven't been able to replicate it for a while now though. Instead, I keep getting shot into the bounce-pit. I'm guessing that I'm just doing it wrong 'cause I doubt there's been a fix in the last couple days, and maybe this sort of thing qualifies as an exploit. I dunno...

...but it was possible =)
  14. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

That happened to me once, I thought it was a bug.
  15. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

Don't know if this has been posted already, but the assault, having the jetpack, can break out of the long jump pad (From your base to the middle of the map), and get on the big FUNLAND sign. While up there, he can use the grenade launcher and bounce grenades from the side of the 2nd floor ring above the MB, and hit the MB. He can do other things, but this is probably the worst. Not sure if this is intended since only he can do it.

On a side note, is there a jump pad that takes you up to the 2nd floor of the MB ring in Uncle Tully's? Or what is the way to get up there using the Support?
  16. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

there are several ways the assault can get up there. Bomb jump, the rainbow jump pad, the jump pad back from chickey.. even just by flying around between signs.

I believe there are two jump pads you can buy to get up to the moneyball ring. One is near the special bot spawns, and I think there's another on one of the pillars that are on the right as you come out of spawn
  17. hostileparadox

Ah, I will make it a point to look for these today.
  18. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

mainly this map sucks because it is steel peel.
  19. hostileparadox

It can feel like that at times. Once the enemy team start pouring hot lead down the bot ramp tunnel, it is extremely difficult to come back from it. I suppose that's why they added the escape jump pad, but if there's a firebase somewhere in the middle, you're kind of boned.

I really do hope the next map goes back to the more open areas, with 2 bot lanes, instead of the 1. In a closed area, with only 1 bot lane, it is very easy to dominate the other team.
  20. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

• Assaults are godlike on this map. Tons of grenade spam opportunities. Lots of places to fly/bomb to, especially for unstoppable moneyball juicing. Chickey buff turns him into an absolute beast.
    • Just like Steel Peel, it's too hard to break out of your base once you're pinned in, and also too hard to finish off a team that's pinned into their base. It's like SteelPeel++ in this regard. The tunnel is mostly to blame, as well as firebase spots that are almost impossible to attack without standing on the enemy half of the map and putting your back to their base.
    • The bases are a bit too spread out. On most maps you pass by the bot spawns and most turrets on the way to the battlefield, but on this map you don't really come near either. Similar to Spunky, you have to go too far out of the way to deal with an assassin who's camping the bot spawner. Turrets near the moneyball also usually fall just because nobody's looking.