The most Overpowered class

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Coverop, April 26, 2011.

?

Who is the most overpowered class in Monday Night Combat?

1. Assassin

10 vote(s)
    10.1%
  2. Assault

27 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Tank

9 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Gunner

5 vote(s)
    5.1%
  5. Sniper

46 vote(s)
    46.5%
  6. Support

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

base movement speeds

Tank: 500
    Gunner: 550
    Assault: 600
    Support: 600
    Sniper: 650
    Assassin: 650
  2. Coverop

Coverop New Member

Yes. But a bit... uzi is kinda hard to kill in juice I mean spread is big....
    But don't forget how fast he can earn juice.

Destroy several group of bots with LVL 3 passive skills = Juice ready.
  3. Skull Man

Skull Man New Member

In general, I'd say that Assassin is the most overpowered, but in the rare, rare instance of a great sniper - yeah, the sniper takes the cake. Zutsumi is in a league of his own. I played against him in Steel Peel (arguably the most sniper-friendly map), and it...yeah. It sucked. 99% of all other snipers are terrible though.
  4. TNine

TNine New Member

Doesn't tell the full story. The sniper doesn't have any abilities that increase mobility. The tank, sin, and tank can all move quicker with charge, and even the gunner has jetpacks that allows him to get places the sniper can't without a jumpad. Only the support is definitively more mobile. Though i would say the sniper is more mobile than the tank and the gunner too.
  5. eternal

eternal New Member

Sniper is more mobile than the gunner maybe. But the tank is extremely mobile. His move speed is slow but his jets and charge make him fairly mobile. And his charge's cooldown at level 3 is 7.5seconds. Coupled with even a silver regen that is around 4-5seconds. If anything the Tank is ALMOST as mobile as the assault (assault still wins but only if he has jet 3 + charge 3 + passive 2)
  6. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

MAYBE more mobile? what makes the gunner mobile in anyway what so ever? his jet pack certainly doesn't since the cooldown
  7. eternal

eternal New Member

3seconds of jetpack allows for A LOT more places you can jump to.
  8. Goose

Goose Active Member

Am I the only one that doesn't think the cooldown was a big deal at all? I hardly even notice it.
  9. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

I'd say he's about on par with snug.
  10. duckling

duckling New Member

A good sniper can lock down half a map and make gunners watch their every move. Except most snipers are horrible.

The sniper can do something no other class can; quick and consecutive one-hit kills. Everyone seems to hate any class that relies heavily on moves that kill in one strike (sniper and sin).

I don't think they're overpowered, but being able to shoot or disable their ice traps with a smoke bomb would be nice.
  11. Awpteamoose

Awpteamoose Active Member

it does already
  12. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

i have adapted to it but it sure is a god damn pain when your trying to run away and having that jetpack would get you away :(
  13. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

can't do the ridiculous things I used to do with gunner.. probably part of the reason they changed it!
  14. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

Before doing any reading on the topic, I quickly voted Sniper.

Then I saw the results and read some posts.
    And people agree.
    Sniper is completely over-powered. One-hit-kill from across the map. Dead in an instant with no warning etc.

If this is meant to balance out his weak defenses, it is better to just give him more defenses. Sure, he may die pretty quickly once you get to him, but only one class can get to him.

He is one of the few characters whose actual strength depends very heavily on the map.
    He is not so strong on Tullys Funland or LaseRazor Arena, but some other maps (GrenADE III Arena to name one) give him full domination.

As just a character, in theory, he is actually balanced.
    When you just look at his stats and his abilities, and draw a chart, everything looks fine.
    But in his case it is a huge flaw not to consider the shape of the arena in his overall prowess. No other class is as heavily influenced by the layout of the arena as he is, and far too often his one ability, which is meant to make up for his weaknesses, far outweighs those very weaknesses.

If you just look at a chart of each characters abilities you can say that Assassin is the counter to Sniper. She is meant to be able to reach the Sniper whereas no other classes can.
    And thanks to the layouts of most arenas plus his traps, this is often quite true.

But consider that the Assassin has more to do than just to babysit Snipers.
    They are good at killing bots and turrets, and occasionally other Pros. After killing a Pro, the Assassin must wait for the grapple to recharge, so she cannot spam this ability.

By the time she gets back around to the Sniper, he could have killed 3 or 4 Pros for an average player, above 10 in the hands of a capable player, and even above that for masters (and way above that for cheaters but aside from that-).

So we are looking at an average of something like 7-1 ratio of kills vs. deaths for just standing in one spot.
    Every other class has to work for their kills.
    A 7-1 ratio is actually great for any other class. Average for a sniper.

Now, we must remember that Snipers are not great at killing bots or turrets.
    If they arent killing Pros, then what are they doing?

Well, then I guess the problem is that they should be better at killing bots and turrets. Because as it is now they are way over-powered at killing Pros.

L. Spiro
  15. Z-UNIT

Z-UNIT Active Member

i would say that sniper is only behind sin and tank in the bot killing department and can do it from safety
  16. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

You forget the Tank's railgun.
  17. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

And dont forget Product Grenades. Especially level-3 ones that split into bombs. If the Money Ball is down, one product grenade completely kills a group of bots, otherwise leaves some JackBots standing but with very low health.

L. Spiro
  18. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

anyone who fires the railgun more than ~20 times in one game does not deserve the beard.
  19. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

You have something against long range weapons? RoF + Railgun = massacre.
  20. VLAD

VLAD New Member

You do realize it`s his most versatile weapon right?