Where's the 360 Love and How Come PC gets updates?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Ekanaut, April 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaysofacton

jaysofacton Active Member

So when exactly did uber lie? They may not have let us know what the state of
    play is as often as we would like but lies? :roll:
  2. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Wow, and I mean wow.

I know I was pretty vulgar towards the developers a few days ago and since after reading Eka's words, I've changed my ways. But this, this is too much. You're actually talking smack towards a videogame developer, without considering the circumstances? Were you dropped on your head as a child or something similar?

You say that they've been "feeding" us that line everytime when really, this is the first we've heard some good news from them and you have the horrid guts to disown them?

I don't know why you should be allowed on this forum, let alone EXIST in real life, to be honest.
  3. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

I have a newfound respect for Gentleman. Good show, sir, good show.
  4. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

[​IMG]

Chill out, man. Take your preteen angst to 4chan or voice your opinions in an intelligent manner.
  5. Foolamancer

Foolamancer Member

No and no, respectively. I simply read the other posts in the thread.

You know, for someone who has taken it upon himself to speak for the entire MNC community, you sure don't seem to have bothered to find out what the MNC community is actually saying.

Take your misdirected rage somewhere else. It's rather pathetic and serves no purpose.
  6. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Ah, well, I realised what I kept on saying towards Uber was wrong and I ought to learn not to be so impatient all the time and when we get a good ol' news report from Eka telling us some very good news, I feel happy that at least we know what's going to happen.

But what that dude said was beyond me, I don't even think anyone with common sense would say that kind of hatred. Especially to a VIDEOGAME developer.
  7. seabass

seabass New Member

well...... it takes microsoft awhile (let's say a month) to give uber the thumbs up for an update and dlc while the guys at uber are playing with the update and dlc a month before the submit

if you guys don't get what i'm saying:

xbox live: 2 months for an update
    steam: 2-3 weeks (or less, i don't own a copy for pc) for an update

sorry eka, some people don't get it
  8. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

That turn tables guy was ****, and not in the way of Droppin Insane Combat Knowledge.
  9. heavensnight

heavensnight Member

Thanks for the heads-up Uber
  10. iammclovin117

iammclovin117 Active Member

Turntables, If you don't like it there's the door.
  11. Disturbance24

Disturbance24 Member

Wow I'm late to this party. I'm just happy we have word of something coming our way. Even without a date, confirmation of an update is a nice thing.
  12. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

does anyone else remember when turntables' bio was about picking up chicks on xbox live? cuz i do and i thought it was funny.

EDIT: uh oh. he's here.
  13. teapot

teapot Post Master General

Prior to this thread, there was much speculation as to what the F was going on. I don't know how long these discussions have been going on before this thread was posted, but it felt like forever. I don't know if the time contributes to this, but I feel that this explanation is almost useless. We are know the differences in updates between xbox and steam because, well, it has been so long since we heard anything that we had to start figuring out what the problem was on our own.

It was determined that xbox had stricter policies, and is also harder to update. The only thing I learned in this thread was about the unreal engine. I think after such a long time of us saying you abandoned the 360, you would have a little more insight as to whats going on. You say you don't want to give a daily or weekly timeline.. well that's just not good for business. I mean I don't expect that from anybody, but I do expect some sort of estimated timeframe. 2 months, 6 months, 10 months.. I don't really care as long as I know generally when content would be scheduled for release. If it gets pushed back it gets pushed back, but I think its better than having to deal with this issue for months on the forums, only to have this thread which provides almost no information on what the people want.

Sure people want answers.. but only because it's obvious we weren't getting any content. I guess I go against the majority of the community here. I don't get that "well that explains it, or that makes sense" vibe. Sure that does explain it a little, but it's nothing that wasn't brought to the plate before. I'm sure most of the people who have been pushing for an answer to this months ago feel the same way, but maybe I am wrong. It's too little too late, and although you aren't obligated to do anything for anybody, it is the truth. I wouldn't doubt that you guys realize it too. You don't owe anybody anything, but what you are doing is too late in the game and people will move on. Better luck next time.
  14. Reanimated Ace

Reanimated Ace New Member

I can agree with what Teapot said. I unfortunately have already began repairing my PC for the upcoming titles I was looking at as alternatives, and am deeply considering a move to Brink once that is released. With any luck, and I'm sure Bethesda doesn't need it, that game will feed out constant updates and new content. Wait...they already do that on all their software, and do it for the consoles as well.

Well, preordered with Gamestop while typing this reply. Hopefully for Uber's sake, enough of my friends refuse to leave MNC so that I cannot just walk away. If an update came out for the 360 today that fixed some of the balancing, gave me the missing map everyone is raging over, and some of the different "clothing and taunts", I would probably be willing to pay face value for this game again, as I did on day one, just for the refreshing feel and touch. But, like everyone else has said, eventually, too late is too late. What is good enough today may very well fall short tomorrow.
  15. destructamental

destructamental New Member

Excuses are like A-holes. Everyone has one.
  16. Fuzzy Citrus

Fuzzy Citrus New Member

@dmental: That's some Mr. Cantor quality stuff right there.

OT: I'm perfectly fine with how things are going right now. I don't play this game everyday, and it is not the only thing I play when I get on the Xbox. What I don't get is why people complain about this statement of his when in reality this isn't even a full retailed game -so to speak-, its an Arcade game. I wouldn't expect giant awesome things with updates for it. To be honest when I first got it I wasn't going to expect any new maps, but here we are with Spunky Cola.

In a way though I do agree with Teapot. Uber doesn't have to prove/give/or do anything for us. But guess what they are. It may not be at the pace some of you would want it to be, but guess what, gain some patience and maybe even grow up a little and come over to reality of things. You can't always get what you want, no matter how much you complain or ask. In my eyes it is much more rewarding to gain something with patience than it is to gain something with ignorance. Well I'm not a big speaker, let alone do I expect to be taken seriously. =P Have a nice day? Maybe. Yes?
  17. Snappyguy

Snappyguy New Member

Thank you, been waiting for this post for a long time. ;)
  18. teapot

teapot Post Master General

Yeah it's a little tough to follow what you're saying. I don't know what I would be gain with ignorance, or what I may be ignorant about. These discussions have been going on for months, prior to the announcement of uncle tully's funland at PAX East. They started all with PC's updates and the xbox players wanting them. How much more patient do we have to be just to get an estimated time frame of when they plan to finish their updates? I said they don't owe us anything, and you said that although they don't they are doing something for us. We have to agree to disagree that this explanation can be considered that "something". I was looking for a when not a why.

I didn't expect Spunky Cola either, but I don't ever have high hopes just because one pack is released. I feel I speak for many people when I say we get high hopes looking at the massive amounts of tweaking/attention PC gets from the devs. It's a lot easier to manage these tweaks, and PC is the guinea pigs of MNC, but we still don't have any information on xbox updates. This is why people are so short about this topic. It's been going on forever and there really isn't any groundbreaking information that would ease people's moods. I wanted to stress them not owing us anything because I don't want to come across as a **** saying it's too little too late. It honestly is too little too late but thats just the way it works sometimes, can't really do much about it. It's sorta like an "oh well let's move on" mentality from here on out for many people.

I never cared too much about this situation because I knew of the extensive and various issues with the 360. I just want an estimated guess on when we can receive some sort of update for the 360. Eka has said they don't plan on announcing things at a daily/weekly basis.. but we all know that means they don't plan to announce their timeline in general.
  19. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

So what's with all the excessively long and boring posts? Have you been trying to make a point? Because it ain't working, my boy.

So if you didn't care, maybe you would have. . .oh what's the word? Shut your damn mouth about it?
  20. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

Agreed
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.