Random Overhealed bots.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by GreyDead, August 16, 2010.

1. GreyDead

GreyDead New Member

I noticed during the game I'll encounter a Jackbot or a random spawned bot and all the sudden they have overheal. Straight out of nowhere.
  2. GreyDead

GreyDead New Member

I'd really like to know what is going on with this glitch. Because facing against a Jackbot, and get it's health down to half then it going back up to overheal is bull.
  3. forrestthewoods

forrestthewoods Uber Alumni

We'll investigate this.

One possibility is that the bot was overhealed in it's base when it spawned and that your client wasn't showing the overheal when you started attacking as it should have. This would be even more likely in a high latency situation.

Thanks for the heads up.
  4. komanderkyle

komanderkyle New Member

can you even overheal the jack bot?
    i have not been able to and i know i have seen a overhealed jackbot
  5. GreyDead

GreyDead New Member

It's very hard to overheal one. You need probably 2 or 3 support people to overheal it before it hits your base.

Thing is I was hurting it, it was down half health then all the sudden its shot straight up to overheal, I had to bring it all the way down again.
  6. komanderkyle

komanderkyle New Member

that is fucked up,
    i tried uber on the jackbot (to heal) and nothing
  7. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

Sometimes jackbots and other bots can suddenly regen health out of nowhere, one match we had a jackbot attacking which was overhealed and would gain its health back about 4 times before we blew it up, there's some other threads about it too.
  8. redleader

redleader New Member

I thought you couldn't overheal jackbots. It even says that as one of the 'tips', and I've tried to do it as support and haven't been able to. That's friggin weird.
  9. PiggyGamer

PiggyGamer New Member

Yeah, I was about to say that I just today saw the ProTip that says (something like)
    "The Jackbot XL cannot be overhealed with the Support's Heal/Hurt Gun."

And yet I've seen, at least 5 or 6 times, completely overhealed Jackbot XLs that were a royal pain to take down, and that often destroy a lot of our turrets in the meantime.

I thought maybe the enemy Supports were using some exploit to overheal their Jackbots, but maybe it's just a glitch?
  10. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

The protip seems to be wrong, it takes a long time without 2 or 3 supports, but it is completely possible.