Section 8: Prejudice

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by MootPinks, April 20, 2011.

1. AmazeTheory

AmazeTheory New Member

Always run repair tool as one of your equipment. It is so underestimated and hardly anyone uses it. If your with a group you can heal up so fast with like 3/4 repair tools. Not to mention if one of you gets a Mech suit. Lol game over. I went something like 20+ kills with under 5 deaths for about 4 games with governorplatypus a while ago. And that was just two of us.
    This game is awesome. Add me for some games, fools. GT: Amaze Theory
  2. Foolamancer

Foolamancer Member

I tried running the Repair Tool for a while. I helps to keep you alive, but since I don't have anyone else to play with, it's really just a slight boost to my healing speed that takes up an Equipment slot.

Currently, I'm running:

• Sniper Rifle: Rail rounds
    • Machine Gun: Slug rounds (placeholder until I unlock Napalm)
    • Jammer Beacon
    • Riot Mortar
    • Tungsten Coating 4
    • Gyro Stabilizer 4
    • Stealth Shielding 2
  3. Govnerplatypus

Govnerplatypus New Member

Lol that was rediculous:D We pummeled a tank in less than 10 seconds on Prometheus. 2 mechs just sticking together like we did=win. I think of the 4 games we played we won 3. I don't like snowy maps. :(
    I think I'm running
    Sniper Rifle: Rail Rounds
    Machine Gun: Emp rounds
    Repair Tool
    Riot Mortar
    And I haven't even got to all the different upgrades yet, but i think i have stealth Shielding: 2
    Repair: 4
    Lock On Cap: 4
  4. lolcat

lolcat New Member

I have no sniper skills in this game... at all, :(
  5. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

Tried playing the Demo, but 30 mins for MP is too short to make up my mind about it. It was 2 matches and my team lost both times. Not the best way to make an impression on a potential customer :?
  6. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

I run quite a few builds, myself.

My main assault build:

Machine Gun: Slug rounds(Incendiary once I unlock them.)
    Shotgun: Concussion Rounds

Riot Mortar
    Repair Tool

Tungsten Coating[Maxed]: +24% Bullet Damage
    Gyro Stabilizer[Maxed]:
    +32% Recoil Dampening
    +24% Accuracy
    +24% Bullet Damage

Then I put my remaining 2 points in Repair Field:
    +24% Repair Tool Rate
    +32% Shield Regen
    +32% Armor Regen

It's a fun damage build, I enjoy it. I use it the most.

I then use a 'Burn In' Build that I use to fly through enemy flak to either take the flak out or do a quick hack:

Missile Launcher: Crash Missiles
    Machine Gun: Crash Rounds

Jammer Beacon
    Repair Tool

Reactive Plating:
    +16% Armor
    +24% Turret Resistance
    +44% Extra AA Resistance

Shield Generator:
    +20% Shield Capacity

2 points in Repair Field:
    +24% Repair Tool Rate
    +32% Shield Regen
    +32% Armor Regen

Those are my 'main' builds that I use. I'm still working on a more stealthy sniper/knife build, but i'm only like level 18 so far.
  7. killien

killien Active Member

Today is the release of the PC version

Also, TimeGate has a minigame going on: Get 10million kills across PC/360 and unlock the free Assault gamemode for both systems
    The counter is on the Prejudice mainsite: http://warisprejudice.com/
    It is currently at 6.8mil and rising
  8. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Regarding the PC version: If the steam servers appear too be busy pick a US server.

At 40% right now. Probably gonna start playing tomorrow.
  9. Vlane

Vlane New Member

God, the geometry is soooooooo retarded in this game. Whoever was responsible for this should get a glasgow smile.
  10. hostileparadox

Decided to buy this for PC, since it has controller support, but holy crap, this game can be such a clusterfudge sometimes.

How long before I unlock good equipment?

Also, if someone wants to play, add me.
  11. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Depends on what you consider "good". But just look at the "Unlocks" in the Dropship and find out for yourself.
  12. killien

killien Active Member

Some things are unlocked via rank, others by achievements, some of the early ones can be had with stars, etc
  13. Vlane

Vlane New Member

This is what's horrible about the game: People who play more have an, almost game-braking (in a 1 vs. 1 situation), advantage over other people.
  14. killien

killien Active Member

Actually a lot of the ammo types for the weapons aren't very far away from each other in damage dealt(not counting passives)

Take the MachineGun, it has Incendiary, Slug, Crash(anti-armor) and EMP rounds
    During the ClosedBeta it was found that the lethalty between the four types was 3 bullets at most
    Let's say Slug does 100% damage to shields/armor, Incen does about 130% to armor, 70% to shields, EMP 70/130 armor/shield and I think Crash was something like 150/50 armor/shield(very rough guess)

You can actually unlock quite a few things just going through the SP campaign and more stuff playing offline matches with bots. Rough guess you can have about 1/4 of the unlocks before you step onto a MP server

Prejudice isn't really designed to be a 1v1 type game anyway, it's more intended for squads to tool around tearing stuff up
    A group of 2-4 low ranking players can easily rip apart a single high-ranking player

Besides, the "played more = more toys" mechanic isn't new. CoD, BC2, even MNC* have that going on
    *In reference to having to buy the CustomClass slots
  15. Vlane

Vlane New Member

I wrote 1 vs. 1 to emphasize the "game-breaking" part because when you put two equally skilled players against each other, in Section 8, the person with the higher level will win due to the unlocks he already has.

Not a good thing.

And getting more points to spend on your "perks" (don't know the official name) is seriously retarded.
  16. killien

killien Active Member

Probably, but it won't be an overwhelming smackdown on the "new" player
    Unfortunately the days of Quake and UT where everyone was on the same level and the better twitch player won are gone
    Now twitch skill isn't enough, strategy needs to be thrown into the mix to win. Even in MNC I've seen people that weren't that great at the twitch factor come out on top because they used their surroundings to their advantage

Yea, I kinda miss the old days of UT2004 and such, but things be changing :\
  17. hostileparadox

Is there a list of how to unlock things?
    I needs me some EMP/Incendiary ammo.

Also, do I get more then 10 points for "perks" as I progress?

And lastly, can I play with people on my Steam Friends?
    Or do I need to add them to my XBL friends list because of GFWL?

Not even sure why they chose to use GFWL, Steam is so much better, in fact, I'm not sure what role Steam has, was it just to sell it?
  18. Vlane

Vlane New Member

You can check the unlockables when you go to "Dropship" and then "Unlocks". There you see what level you need, stars or whatever.

You get more points but you have to get to a pretty high level.

Depending on the weapon you use you get the ammo stuff with different levels. Incendiary rounds for the MG are level 33 for example.

You can't join through Steam, you have to use GFWL. Retarded as hell, I know.
  19. killien

killien Active Member

I'm betting TG didn't have much choice but to go with GFWL again
  20. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Just got the incendiary rounds for the MG. Stupidly overpowered.