Where's the 360 Love and How Come PC gets updates?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Ekanaut, April 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

I wanted to repost this as a sticky as it comes up a lot here:

The Xbox community for Monday Night Combat is bigger than the Steam version. We've sold more on the 360 version and naturally it makes perfect sense to keep updating the 360 version. So why haven't we and why are we still working on Steam updates?

Steam as a platform is in the hands of the developers to control (and break) and update as often as we can make content. It's also allows us to test out concepts like All-Star Rating, balance issues, get immediate feedback and put out content without worrying about memory or size issues. It's just easy from a developers perspective and it caters to how we like to develop.

Xbox Live on the other hand has a much bigger community, the hardware is essentially the same for everyone, and its easier for the players to party up, everyone has a mic, and there are more MNC players on it. The platform has a longer test cycle and more rigorous certification process that takes time and there's a significant cost on the the developers to put out new content.

We're in the process of upgrading our Unreal 3 engine to the latest version which will allow us to support both 360 and PC versions of MNC better going forward. One the biggest time sinks for us on MNC 360 was the UI system and how long it took to make simple changes which will change with the engine update and us switching to Flash/Scaleform for the UI. During this transition, we're using the Steam version to test out things.

We haven't forgotten about the 360 but there won't be an update until we get everything switched over to the new engine (in progress now) and we figure out with MS on the best way to update the 360 version and continue to update in the future. It will be a pretty significant update that will contain a lot of the content, bug fixes, and balance (where appropriate) that was done for Steam.

We're not going to give out weekly or daily timelines right now because stuff changes rapidly. We understand your frustration and you want 360 updates ASAP and we're working on it. Also, we need more people to help and that's why we're hiring right now. Thanks.

Eka
  2. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

Thanks, Eka.
  3. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

:lol: now UBER is starting these threads.
    Love it when you guys stop by here. you should do it a little more often.
  4. NapalmLipBalm

NapalmLipBalm New Member

One of the most appealing things about Uber is the fact that you guys take the time to speak to your community/customers. This message was greatly needed, greatly appreciated, and hopefully it will put an end to the speculation and "how come they don't care" threads. I shall continue to lurk in the shadows...Thanks!!
  5. KingHaysey

KingHaysey New Member

Cheers!
  6. lolcat

lolcat New Member

"We're in the process of upgrading our Unreal 3 engine to the latest version which will allow us to support both 360 and PC versions of MNC better going forward."

This makes me happy :)
  7. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

out of curiosity, is there an ETA on the UT engine update?
  8. truckus

truckus New Member

:lol: Eka there's enough threads about 360 updates. stop trolling your own forum!

seriously, though, I'm glad to hear/read all of this.
  9. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

Thanks for this response, Eka. I brofisted my iTouch to your post.
    Last edited: April 27, 2011
  10. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

Today we say good by to IG Thombow he contributed to Da Revolution.
  11. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

There's more words in that post asshat. Stop trolling me.
  12. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

Despite the issues Uber is having supporting the 360 version as well as originally hoped, they are still in the top 5 of my favorite developers of all time.

The OP and their dedication to the community is the reason for that.
  13. garbage

garbage New Member

Thanks to Eka for the update!

It is exciting for me to have joined this game/community a couple of weeks ago and hear this.. My biggest problem with the already amazing game that is MNC was the lack of knowing if the 360 version would be updated and tweaked.

Now we wait for the next update............
  14. iammclovin117

iammclovin117 Active Member

Ok.....
  15. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

Negative light = PC players gets lots of updates, 360 gets way less.

Positive light = PC players are lab rats. What works comes to 360.

Well, I can wait because I remember a time when we had to buy an entirely new game to get updates, if at all.
  16. destructamental

destructamental New Member

Would have been nice to hear some of this months ago.
  17. nephandys

nephandys Member

thx for the update eka.
  18. x 2TurnTableS x

x 2TurnTableS x New Member

hmmm.....looks like someone is getting worried about losing thier playerbase. Ekanaut that wall of text means absolutely nothing, you guys have been feeding us this same line of bull for over 4 months now. The truth is that players are getting irritated by all the ridiculous garbage that is going on in game and are finally fed up with you and your company's lies.
  19. Foolamancer

Foolamancer Member

The rest of the community seems to disagree with you.
  20. x 2TurnTableS x

x 2TurnTableS x New Member

Did you just join yesterday?? Possibly born yesterday??
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.