Section 8: Prejudice

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by MootPinks, April 20, 2011.

1. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

It is a very, very well-designed and fleshed out game. Best multiplayer XBLA game since MNC, and best FPS since BC2.
  2. AmazeTheory

AmazeTheory New Member

I played it again some more and thought it was a much much better game than yesterday. I decided to try ranked, and ended up with some guys who actually talked and it was a lot of fun. I'm finding the Sniper with the Machine gun to be my favorite load out. All points in damage, and armour with some in stealth. Good game, more people need to get it though. I have yet to be in a full 32 man lobby yet.
  3. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

I watched some gameplay of this game, and, gotta say, it looks pretty interesting!

Once I cobble up some money to get it, I'm totally getting it!
  4. Foolamancer

Foolamancer Member

Purchased this game last night. I'm hooked.

This is one of the best shooters I've ever played, actually. With tactical spawning, deployables, the ability to customize yourself from the get-go, the DCMs, the huge teams (I've always been a huge fan of big team games), the elimination of the ability to spawn camp, the emphasis on actual strategy and intelligence-gathering, the battles over AA guns... I mean, Jesus, this game is awesome.
  5. killien

killien Active Member

Just wait til you unlock a few more passives. I was in the PC beta and I drove a few guys to severe ragemode because I would burn-in through 3 AAs at once
  6. lolcat

lolcat New Member

Why do everyone like this game so much? downloaded the trial, seems like another boring FPS
  7. Foolamancer

Foolamancer Member

• Aerial free spawn. Players can select where on the map they want to drop in, so there's no possibility of spawn camping. This also makes the establishment and defense of firebases of paramount importance, since AA turrets are vital for defending critical areas of the map.
    • Dynamic objective missions. Instead of the game revolving solely around establishing and maintaining control over the control points, there are randomly-generated objective missions which pop up throughout the battle. This means that, in addition to each battle being unique from the rest, players have to adjust their playstyles and objectives on the fly in order to win.
    • Jet packs and super-speed. Just... jet packs and super speed.
    • Deployable turrets, supply depots, and sensor arrays. The layout of the battlefield is almost entirely player-controlled.
    • Emphasis on reconnaissance. Enemies and their structures are not automatically "visible". Turrets can't hit things that they don't know to exist, players aren't always visible on the minimap, and the lock-on player ability doesn't function against an un-scanned target. This makes control, construction and defense of sensors and jammers, as well as actual player-performed recon, critical.
    • Customization. S8 offers huge amounts of personalization right off the bat, so everyone can build a class that they enjoy playing.

I could go on, but you get the idea. You may not like S8, but it's anything but generic.
  8. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

Agreed. I'm downloading the trial tonight.
    If I find that I like it, I'll get the entire game.

But something tells me that I'll be getting it anyway. Haha.
  9. Foolamancer

Foolamancer Member

Campaign mode is much more boring than the multiplayer, since it doesn't involve any of the above. If the trial game doesn't allow you to do Conquest mode, don't let that turn you off the idea of getting it. Conquest is awesome. Campaign, less so. I only did the campaign mode to unlock things for multiplayer.
  10. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

Oh, I know.
    I've done the research, haha.

Conquest is what I love about it the most.
    The gameplay vids I've seen are VERY convincing.
  11. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

Managed to fix my xbox for a few hours last night so I could play some Section 8. God was that fun. I suck at the moment, but I certainly love the game.
  12. Foolamancer

Foolamancer Member

So who here is up for forming a group on this game so we can actually communicate? I'd like to have a team that I can actually work with, since it's a team-based game.
  13. lolcat

lolcat New Member

Gonna try it again now, online, if i like it i'm in.
  14. TG GHOSTMERC

TG GHOSTMERC New Member

as someone that has played the first section 8 game and the trial version of this game. i can say this game does take teamwork. and it does have a slight learning curve and it can be a little overwhelming at first having no idea what your supposed too do other than capture points.
  15. Govnerplatypus

Govnerplatypus New Member

I have the full version and I'll sure make a group with you. :D
    Add me if you have the game: govnerplatypus on XBL
  16. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

Oh it isn't just a small learning curve. It's pretty hardcore. Fantastic game though. I love playing it.
  17. rhineville

rhineville Member

Tried a few games with the demo, really not sure what to think. There's quite a bit of important info missing about what hacking a "base" actually does. If you destroy structures attached to a base, do they come back? Do you have to buy those too? Are they gone forever? Half the time I didn't know if I was shooting at an enemy or not, I'm too used to clear differences in appearance.

The spawning, sprinting, jetpacks and customization make me really want to like this game. I think I have some more time left on the demo. Chances are I'll just buy it and spend the first few days really fiddling with stuff and getting killed millions of times.
  18. killien

killien Active Member

You gain control of the base and any turrets/depots/etc attached to the base once the hack completes
    Note: While a hack is proceeding, the AA reverts to "Neutral" which means it will fire upon anyone trying to burn in. So unless it's really important that it be down, leave the base AA operational when you hack
    Rocket/Minigun turrets will still fire upon the 'hacking' team until the hack completes

Yes, but they have to be repaired first. This can be done by the base itself or accellerated by a RepairTool

No, like I said, they will repair over time

It's blue vs red(tan), how can you mix them up? o_0
    Blue markers will also appear over the heads of friendlies(teal over squadmates)
    If you look at a guy and it says "Scanning" above his head, he is not a friend
  19. rhineville

rhineville Member

Ahh I see, I forgot about the repair tool as well.

Then I must really be blind. Quickly looking around I just saw "guys" and didn't really know until I took a look at what icon they had. MNC's clear visual design has ruined me it seems.
  20. killien

killien Active Member

I never had any trouble really. The Section 8 armors are of darker and/or more "military" colorschemes whereas ARM is a bit flashier, more fire-oriented