Next Big Game for XBLA......

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by wazupwiop, April 25, 2011.

1. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

I am always on the lookout for the next big XBLA game. Brink is coming out May 10, and it looks really cool, but I prefer third-person shooters. I never have liked first person games, they "felt" weird to me. I noticed a game on IGN that really caught my attention but hasn't been noticed by the gaming community very much, Hybrid.

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/037/037860.html

There isn't much out for it as far as trailers and things go, but it definitely seems unique. The movement is what got me. In one clip, a guy was fighting while hanging from a ceiling. Brink definitely has some unique movement abilities, but I am a big fan of Halo and unique games. It looked very Halo-esque with some trench-style warfare. It looked really unique and I thought I would post and see what everyone thought about it.

I think after Brink releases and the devs of Hybrid release more trailer and gameplay content, Hybrid may be the next big XBLA game. While I was looking foreward to brink, I think I'll save my points and buy this instead, this game has really piqued my interest.
  2. lolcat

lolcat New Member

Yes!!! Third person shooter :D
  3. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

Halo is the only first person shooter I like. I am a sucker for third-person though. My first TPS game was Ratchet and Clank for PS2, and since then I have been hooked.
  4. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

Gears Of War 3
  5. TankShadows

TankShadows New Member

I think I'm on the same boat as you are with this. This game definitely has my attention now and I can't wait to see more from it. The thing that really hooked me was the single world server with level ups and unlockables. It sounds like a MMOTPS honestly
  6. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

I am skipping Brink and GOW. GoW is way too gory for my personal tastes, and brink just seems to be another FPS, and I think the objectives are almost like COD in some respects. Everyone has seen the gameplay modes that are in Brink before. Hybrid seems a lot different, and it is third person.
  7. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

We're friends with the 5th Cell guys and I got a chance to check out Hybrid. They're a super talented group and it should be awesome when it comes out.
  8. Vlane

Vlane New Member

I don't know why you think this game is so unique.
  9. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

I do believe that this is one of a very few shooters where you can fight while hanging off of the ceiling.
  10. Vlane

Vlane New Member

That's enough to convience you? Wow, low standards right there.
  11. TankShadows

TankShadows New Member

What about the risk-like level selection? the ability to call in your own squad? the massive multi-player aspect? the single world server? none of that sounds unique to you? then show me what games you're playing
  12. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Risk-like? Don't know what that means.

Single world server. Pick which word is horrible here. I'm gonna give you a hint: It starts with "S".

What is unique about an MMO aspect?
  13. TankShadows

TankShadows New Member

Risk-like Theres a general map and it shows what unit strength you have in a certain area much like in risk where you can move your units to strengthen an area that looks as though it might be attacked.

The single world server can be either a great triumph or great failure I'll give you that

a MMO shooter is rare. A MMO on a console is rare. so by logic a MMO shooter on a console is incredibly rare
  14. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

Servers in themselves have the ability to be good, but unfortunately many game devs don't take care of the servers and the game suffers because of it.
  15. TG GHOSTMERC

TG GHOSTMERC New Member

they are talented. scribblenauts was an awesome title. but hybrid just seems meh to me.
    i dont like fps or tps games where you have no freedom of movment. you cant run or walk wherever you want you can only transition from one piece of cover to another.
    and the game seems to have to little gameplay to warrant a persistent online war.

it's like they thought hey lets create a tps take out half the gameplay and replace that half with persistent online war stat tracking. cool now we can see our effect on the world while playing half a game. sadly i think this wil be their least respected piece of work. but atleast they have and are trying something diffrent. who knows maybe i'll be wrong and people will love it.
  16. TG GHOSTMERC

TG GHOSTMERC New Member

prey.
  17. KingHaysey

KingHaysey New Member

Blasphemy!
  18. destructamental

destructamental New Member

This thread is funny. Everyone is talking about everything BUT arcade games.