new gear

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Robbert, April 23, 2011.

1. Robbert

Robbert New Member

would it be a good idea to have a dlc-pack with new gear for a few euros. This way we can contribute to uber but it isn't that your missing stuff if you don't buy it. You would have like for all the pro's one new gear, maybe two, for like 3-5 euros/dollars.
  2. daztora

daztora New Member

I think the way it is now with free updates is nice. You can help Uber by purchasing merchandise. I myself am aiming for a few figures for my computer room. A PayPal or something would be okay but I think that might be a little unethical on their side and a little insulting, I don't know
  3. eternal

eternal New Member

I'm with daztora on this. This skirts dangerously into "mann co" territory and frankly I want to support Uber by continuing to purchase their products, telling people about their game, and/or buying merch from their store. Not by buying the option to use virtual cosmetics that are already in the game but are locked from me.
  4. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

honestly, i wouldn't mind paying for some gears and i would pay extra just to get the beta gears, but i doubt that will be an option lol

currently i only got the assassin statue but i won't be getting any more until a full set is released. coz it just feels a bit missing if i only get 3 of the 6 classes =/

perhaps new gear unlocked through in-game cash would be nice (gazzilionaire is like the only protag to work towards with in-game cash currently)
  5. [Knovocaine]

[Knovocaine] New Member

This yes. I am still waiting for an "All-Stat Store" where you can buy skins/taunts/protags that becomes unlocked once you hit All-Star ranks :lol:

Good lord no. The beta gear is for beta players. I would be very disappointed if they "re-released" them to the general playerbase :|
  6. Lyrae

Lyrae New Member

Ditto. Sorry if I sound like a whiny ****, but they were made for the people who supported the game before it released.
  7. conjurous_rex

conjurous_rex New Member

If only that were true. Sadly those of us that bought the XBLA version and then the PC version get diddly as far as special recognition goes. Mainly I'm just a bit jaded that I barely missed the beta and subsequently missed out on pretty gold shinies forever. :x

As far as the topic of this thread. I'd definitely support a store that allowed you to buy outfits for the different classes, or a $DLC outfit pack. I would like to show my support to Uber beyond just buying the game (twice), and am not really interested in RL merchandise. Of course prices should be reasonable, maybe $2-4 for an outfit, depending on how big of a change it is from default.

However I am totally against adding things like weapons, etc. that impact gameplay in any way. Those should be available to everyone. That was always my main beef with TF2, grinding endlessly for some weapon just to stay competitive. No me gusta. However cosmetically different weapons with no gameplay difference would be sweet.
  8. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

i wasn't serious about the beta gear idea; just showing how much i like and and how much i regret not pre-ordering lol
  9. NeoShader

NeoShader New Member

I would buy a set of gear to support Uber.
  10. d-roy

d-roy Active Member

I would definitely be interested in buying some cosmetic items, both for RL cash and in-game cash. As long as it's all cosmetic!