Population increasing ideas?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Lyrae, April 15, 2011.

1. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

a $5 or $7.50 sale would help
  2. Goose

Goose Active Member

Honestly, I don't think getting more customers is the major concern. Uber and the community need to try and bring back players who already bought it. This game already did quite well in terms of sales but people just leave because of how unforgiving this game is.
  3. amandis

amandis New Member

SHENANIGANS!

*cough**cough*

anyway make it a true dota fps that should work :lol:

if not then more content.

quite a simple math sum.. no change = more content

.... even though Change will probable still result in more content :roll:

Content = more maps, more game modes
  4. daztora

daztora New Member

The Star System needs a severe looking at, for a start make it not reflect entirely on your K : D , because this deters people from actually doing what their suppose to do which Is push lanes and kill bots / turrets rather then send them on a kill whore fest.

This point is very validly displayed in one of Rogue Blades videos where he mentions that your rating will go down if all you do is push bots kills turrets and make alot of money doing so In his Pacifist Assassin video, which Is actually of more use to a team then going on a pro hunt

K : D should not even be a factor In star rating In my opinion, or at least not the major factor of It

. Money
    . Bot Kills
    . Turret Kills
    . Money Ball damage over games

Should play a more greater role In It.

This puts people who don't kill whore off, and intimidates new players, my friend who I got into the game being one of them.

For your info my rating sits around 3.80 / 4.25 . Mainly because I push objectives over killing pro's.

Also Support healing should work very similar to the TF2 medic, Assists if your healing someone who gets a kill. As It stands now I have to get a cheeky shotgun blast In to get credit for helping out team members, this may be one of the reasons people tend to kill whore on the Support / Hug their own Firebase.
  5. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

Agreed totally but might I suggest Money/Interval as a simple way to implement this.

It pretty much combines the major objectives and as someone is gaining money doing what they must they are rewarded.

The support this I do think should have been a long time coming.
  6. Lyrae

Lyrae New Member

I go 10-5-15-180 as an Assassin, and end up with ~$750 more than someone who goes 25-12-2-70. Not entirely sure if cash by itself is the way to go, though it's a start. Those figures aren't exact, but are meant to illustrate a concept. I often would earn more than someone who had a far better KDR and decent bot kills by just farming bots the whole match.
  7. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

Star rating is not an end-all skill rating. It's a team-balancing system.
  8. Z-UNIT

Z-UNIT Active Member

should a balancing system not be directly related to player skill?

a team of players that play the objective will almost always beat a team of pro killers
    yet the pro killers will all have a higher star rating than people that push bots and destroy turrets
  9. vortexcontinuum

It's to prevent people from getting beat down and quitting the game. Your moneyball goes down in three minutes you think- darn, we sure got outplayed! But if you are huddling fearfully in your spawn for half the game as a team of "killwhores" just slaughters you over and over again, you are not going to want to try again. This way the higher-kill players can fight each other instead of just stomping because they were all placed on the same team.
  10. ZoZo

ZoZo New Member

Be careful with this topic, people on this forum crucify you as a heretic for pointing out the failing population, even if its posted in a concerned regard. Even the mods.
  11. Kutharos

Kutharos Member

Do we have any numbers to show that population is actually going down? Just off from what I am seeing, servers are beeing filled more these days. I don't mean this in a rapid pace or anything, but several times I had to go into a 4 person server because everything else was filled. I frankly am curious on where these numbers and talks about decrease in population.
  12. daztora

daztora New Member

It actually went up I think, Ratchet told us this In another thread.
  13. vortexcontinuum

The number hovered around 1000 during release, hovered around 8000 during the free weekend, then over time stabilized at around 300. There are more people playing since the Tully update... but not that much more.
  14. Lyrae

Lyrae New Member

Even if the population is increasing slowly, there's no reason not to think of ideas that might bring more people back. The goal I had in mind for this thread was to try to restore MNC to its release-time numbers.
  15. vortexcontinuum

These numbers aren't totals, though. These are just daily peaks, there are more people who play who just don't do it at the same times as others.
  16. Bakey

Bakey New Member

I think this graph is pretty self explanatory.
    [​IMG]

Taken from http://dgstats.insidesupcom.de/
  17. kotay

kotay New Member

no it did not stabilise at around 300, it kept falling and and was not even in steam 100. Only since release of uncle tully did it come back into top 100, with nearly 400 players at peak time.
  18. vortexcontinuum

I haven't checked in a while, but for a long time it stayed around 300.
  19. Kaeldian

Kaeldian New Member

Here's a thought, maybe the community can stop acting like a bunch of idiotic jacktards with zero respect for their fellow player? And don't give me that "welcome to the internet" bullshit either. I mean, honesetly, I've seen more maturity from CoD players than a standard day of MNC. With the community this small, you can stand up for sportsmanship for once and be something that makes people WANT to play with you.

As it stands, I don't like this game enough to put up with the plethora of jackasses I have to put up with in the rare cases I actually feel like playing.

Take it to heart, end the cycle of bullshit, and actually make a community worth playing with. Otherwise, you deserve to have nobody to play with... period.
  20. TheWilder

TheWilder New Member

I agree with you, there are many assholes out there, especialy in this game. But there are players like us on forumz, and we try to be actualy nice.