Does Not Compute

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by killien, April 18, 2011.

1. killien

killien Active Member

Tank Charge vs Assault Charge (lvl3)

Tank Charge
    Moves farther
    Regens faster
    Has a powerful knockdown

Assault Charge
    Doesn't travel as far
    Regens slower
    Grapple leaves enemy able to fight back
    Loses to any level of Tank Charge

So the lvl3 Tank charge can get the Tank into/out of combat quickly, regens faster so he can escape more easily and will bowl over anything not bolted down in his way
    Aren't those some of the same reasons the Assault charge was nerfed?

Lately I've been seeing more and more Tank players crutching on the knockdown of their Charge
    Why bother trying to aim the Jetgun/Railgun when they can just Charge the guy and have a stationary target?
    Why worry about them being in the air? Just Charge away and they'll go flying and they'll still be stuck in the knockdown(assuming you didn't RingOut them). There's only 2 ways to survive getting charged: be a Tank yourself with Charge3 or be an Assassin and hit the smokebomb for that "steel pillar" effect
  2. Vlane

Vlane New Member

The assault consists of more than just hammering on E. Same goes for the tank.
  3. killien

killien Active Member

I'm well aware of that.
    I just never saw anyone really crutching on the Assault's lvl3 Charge before it was patched
  4. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Am I the only person that never upgrades to charge 3 as a tank? The cooldown change is minor, the damage increase is almost nothing, and they almost always die before the knockdown even takes effect(either midair or from charge damage). Product grenade 3, clutch upgrades and juice buying seems way more useful than an upgrade that nets you 2 extra kills a match.

I do think the charge/lunge speeds need tweaked, but I'm gonna take care of that with a mod as soon as support comes out. :p
  5. Vlane

Vlane New Member

You talk just about the charge even though the assault has goddamn Fly which the tank can only dream of.
  6. killien

killien Active Member

Actually the knockdown effect is instant once that TankCharge touches you
    And the Assault can only dream of being able to deploy to get their range boosted an extra 50% and boosted health regen, what's your point?
    Last edited: April 18, 2011
  7. Goose

Goose Active Member

Yes you are the only one. :)

And tanks should have tons of money left over. That 400 is almost nothing assuming you are getting streaks.
  8. alanebro82

alanebro82 New Member

You covered the tank and assassin.
    You forgot the 3rd way, which is to deploy or stomp as a gunner.
    And the 4th, detonate an assault bomb.
    And a 5th, drop a supports firebase in his path.
    And a 6th, which is my personal favorite... don't get close enough to be charged in the first place. This goes for assault/sniper/gunner.

You act like getting up close and personal with a tank should be no big deal. I argue that you should pay dearly for such a mistake.
  9. Vlane

Vlane New Member

My point: Fly > every skill tank has (possible exception being the product grenade which can keep the money ball down from spawn)

If you have problems killing a tank as an assault you are doing it wrong or the tank has godlike railgun accuracy.
  10. killien

killien Active Member

Fly doesn't trump the TankCharge as you don't hover high enough to avoid getting grazed by it which has the same effect as getting it right in the face
    I'll give you 3rd and 5th because you can do those in the split moment you see that charge coming
    4th(Bomb) almost requires you to either have it set already or get a headcrab on him during the charge and detonate afterwards
    6th(not getting close) isn't always an option, especially when you're trying to push your bots or trying to push the enemy Tank away from your bots. Stay at a Charge-safe range and you've already lost a bulk of the damage your AR can do

I don't think that it should be no big deal, Tanks should be dangerous up close

I just find it screwy that apparently there was so much griping about Assault players crutching on the Charge that it got a nerf and yet now that Tanks are doing the same with their Charge noone seems to care
  11. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Why are you even on the same level as him? It does not make sense. Keep the high ground.
    How hard are you trying to come up with this?
  12. Yanderman

Yanderman New Member

It seems to be hard to grasp for some people, that the assault is a different class than the tank. Is the tank charge better than the assault charge? Of course. Is the tank better than the assault? no.
  13. killien

killien Active Member

Because eventually I will end up face-to-face with a Tank. I don't always have the opportunity to stay on the high ground and once in a while a Tank will also be on the high ground(actually, EVERYONE will have to face at Tank at some point)
    Here's my question: Why are you so hell-bent on assuming I'm just being some whiney git that can't kill a Tank?
  14. Z-UNIT

Z-UNIT Active Member

why is it that you cant accept that in some situations other classes should have an advantage over assaults?
  15. daztora

daztora New Member

Blasphemer :p
  16. Goose

Goose Active Member

Advantages over assault?

...What?

*Does not compute*
  17. [451]Fireman

[451]Fireman New Member

Assault keeps getting advantages taken away.
  18. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

I don't think that there is a thing else they can take from him now. He is ven all around if it werent for how slow his charge is.

I'm not saying undo the adjustments just make his burst faster. Then again I run gold skill silver ROF and bronze regen or armor.
  19. Z-UNIT

Z-UNIT Active Member

that would indicate that assaults had too many advantages it the first place
  20. Yanderman

Yanderman New Member

The complaint is so strange, too. Assaults have the BEST chance of killing a tank close range, out of all the classes. l2headcrab

Hmm... and a pre-emptive strike against those who think gunner does it better-- Spinning up Sasha after a charge 3 stun leaves enough time for the tank to go make a sandwich, eat it, come back and melee you into crabfat, brutha.