Healgun problems.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by GreyDead, August 16, 2010.

1. GreyDead

GreyDead New Member

I think the support should just have a shotgun nothing more then that. The healgun with the damaging attack is ridiculous. I fought against a couple, just for them to use that and hop around like bunny rabbits. For that it doesn't take skill to actually kill someone, plus he has a gun why not just let that be his only one.
  2. Crimson Trainer

Crimson Trainer New Member

who willl heal the turrets? with just a shotgun how do you expect a support to fight just about anything when they can simply walk backwards for a nice easy kill?
  3. GreyDead

GreyDead New Member

Totally misread what I put. I'm saying there shouldn't be a hurt beam only a heal beam and make the shotgun there only means of defense.
  4. Screwbeck

Screwbeck New Member

Never really thought about it, but yea, that makes sense.
  5. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

The heal-hurt gun takes its sweet time to kill the target. Gives them a chance to fight back. If you take that away, you reduce him to only his shotgun. A close range weapon. I'm going to have to say a big NO to that one. I have fought other players using my heal-hurt gun and have been killed many times even while bunny hopping, so it is not a 100% death sentence.
  6. jjcpockets

jjcpockets New Member

Right but the point is that it's way too easy for a support player to snag you with the hurt-ray and then dance around until you're dead. A quick thinking player may know to back off before the support gets behind you, but unless your aim is good he'll just wind up healing himself faster than you can hurt him. And good luck as an assassin, since a support who survives the face stab is just going to hurt-ray you into oblivion.

There's definitely nothing wrong with the rate of fire on that gun (as long as endorsements don't affect it), but the range or some other aspect should be reworked.
  7. oultrabeatdowno

oultrabeatdowno Member

You just need to make some custom classes that you can defend youself against support. Thats what I did. Now I'm a beast!
  8. ALIENwolve

ALIENwolve New Member

I suppose the trick is in the fact that the hurt gun does intentionally low damage.

If he's using the shotgun, keep your distance. If he's using the hurt gun, get in close. Still kind of dumb that it just freely auto aims, though.
  9. GreyDead

GreyDead New Member

If that was the case it shouldn't heal him at the same time. It's like shooting yourself.
  10. PrivateJohn

PrivateJohn New Member

Bunny hoping Support would only work well against good players IF he has the Gold or Silver endorsement on Speed.

Other than that...you can kill off the support easily unless your aiming are really bad.

PS : I am a support player myself, thus the statement above.