Dynasty Warriors 7

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by x Zatchmo, March 8, 2011.

1. SHStiger

SHStiger New Member

Yeah, the four main stories are relatively long. Don't remember exactly how long it took me to beat them, but from reading around, most people seem to have taken 6-9 hours per story.

Then after the stories, there's Conquest mode which seems like it could take a while. And DLC is supposed to be added at some point.
  2. teapot

teapot Post Master General

I started with Wu's story mode first. I like the expansion of characters and you can definitely get behind the characters more. I always wished they put a little more effort behind the story, and it seems that in older games you had to do certain stipulations in order to get all the cutscenes an information. You get what would be the sub-plot in the other games, as part of the main plot in this game. They have switched some of the scenarios around on the way people die.

Sorry of this is considered a spoiler, but I was pretty confused while playing as Sun Ce in story mode. His death didn't make any sense to me.

I find the graphics to be a huge improvement and it helps slightly in making the game feel less repetitive. So far I remember one map being the same in the prior games, but will still play different. Lu Bu unfortunately retreats when close to dying/certain amount of time passes :evil:

I don't like the whole crafting weapons/finding weapons aspect. I always like DW3 - DW4's methods in obtaining higher level weapons. Maybe I'm just not used to it. I will have to play more of the game to decide whether or not it's worth the price, but as a DW fan in the past, they took a step in the right direction. DW5 and DW6 were pretty good games but I never felt like they were that much different from the prior game. This game has the classic DW feel, but they seriously enhanced the story mode this time around.

If you're a DW fan, it's definitely a great game. I haven't played enough to decide if it was worth the money or not, but I've been enjoying it a lot and so far I'd say it was.
    naka333 likes this.
  3. SHStiger

SHStiger New Member

This 100%. My friend and I beat DW4 completely, got the unique weapons for every single character. I remember buying DW5, realizing the weapon system was changed, and it pissed me off so badly. Having to level up the characters high enough to be able to unlock those weapons gave the game a great reason to play it over and over. I'm still mad they took that system out.

Also yeah, Sun Ce's death is pretty strange. Not to mention just sucks overall to lose him that early since he's by far the coolest person in Wu. But thank ****ing god they gave him the Tonfas back.
  4. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

Stop stealing my thoughts.
  5. x Zatchmo

x Zatchmo New Member

Yup, f***ing love that game.
  6. SHStiger

SHStiger New Member

so I've heard playing online sucks, but I haven't tried it. Anyone played online yet?
  7. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

It's coded poorly, the system for inviting/joining games is so stupid they had to try making it as stupid as it is(srsly WTF were they thinking?) and yet, still it's fun.
  8. AlphabetTaco

AlphabetTaco New Member

I've loved Dynasty Warriors since I was a wee child myself. I actually pre-ordered DW7 with my oldest brother just for kicks, and played it a lot for weeks. haha
  9. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

I actually was unbelievably disappointed in DW7. I think 5 was the best, with 6 being really close due to some awesome additional features I wish they had in 5.

I HATE the new story mode; there's a lot less character development in it.
  10. teapot

teapot Post Master General

I think I have to agree here. I liked it when I first picked it up, and it was interesting playing the kingdom's story mode, rather than player's story mode. I thought they gave the characters a good amount of depth for the ones that were included in story, but everyone else got the short end of the stick. I don't like the free play mode or whatever it's called.. I see where they were going with it but it's too boring and repetitive. Lots of levels feel very small and a waste of time.

This game was good, but looking back after playing it and comparing it to the others, it was a disappointment.

The multiplayer system is stupid, and I've only played it a few times actually. I'd be up to play some more and finish the levels if anyone was interested. I'd like to at least get Lu Bu.
    naka333 likes this.
  11. AlphabetTaco

AlphabetTaco New Member

I've experienced online that most players will unlock Lu Bu and the Red Hare and kill everything. Because they're good of course :roll: And also there's a problem where you may see some enemies that the other player does not, as well as the problem that enemy generals are in different locations on each players screens. you will be 10 yards apart fighting the same person. online multiplayer was a decent idea, but they failed.
  12. crimsonautumn

crimsonautumn Active Member

Ya they did but I kinda wanted it to be like DWO with like PvP and whatnot.