Class limmitations in Crossfire.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by steamwitch, August 16, 2010.

1. steamwitch

steamwitch New Member

Disclaimer: Sorry if this was put up. I did search. Please leave it at that.

Topic: A game with 4 assassins and 2 snipers... Not to fun to play Vs. We did win yes, However IMO a team like that will never win. But my point to this is shouldn't there only be one of each class in a crossfire match on HS & IM teams? That's my only suggestion/feedback. And a "Top 3 Preferable class" Option could keep it from becoming a "I want the assassin class!!!" yell fest. I personally don't know how to remedy this but it's just no fun playing a team of nothing but assassins or what have you. a limitation of one per team makes more sense to me. What are the community's thoughts on this?
  2. Reizarvg

Reizarvg New Member

In theory it sounds fine, but limiting what people can play as in this sort of game is never good. Take Team Fortress 2 on 360 for example. Valve implemented host controlled class limitations on that, so if you join a game and want to play Soldier, you might not be able to. It's no fun being forced to play something you don't want to because someone else got there first. Yeah, playing against (or with) stacked teams like that is annoying, but trust me, you'd be more annoyed if there was a limit of one class per game.
  3. TNT LotLP

TNT LotLP New Member

only real thing you can do -- be the bigger man and play as a different class. Or ask your team to balance.
  4. Aeldur

Aeldur New Member

That's what I always do. I love playing as an Assassin, but if someone else picks it, I tend to change to whatever class is needed at the moment.
  5. oneDRTYrusn

oneDRTYrusn New Member

I would like to see a "Highlander Mode" put into the game, very similar to Team Fortress.

Highlander mode revolves around "There can be only one!"... as in, only one person per class.

Personally, I would love it. It would get rid of people complaining about class spamming. But also, it would piss a lot of people off, because if someone takes your preferred class, you're SOL.
  6. xxxScorpion

xxxScorpion New Member

See I think a limit of 2 same classes a team would be okay except that I play Assassin decently well and others who just run into the enemy base, kill one person and die are a waste of space. Most people would say to pick a secondary class but it's just not my thing.
  7. KanibalkittN

KanibalkittN New Member

I agree with limitations, but not to 1 of each class. Limiting to 2 of each class seems fair and would improve the game.
  8. DR0KZ

DR0KZ New Member

Just came out of a game on the dreaded SteelPeel map with 5 Snipers&1Assasin against 4 Snipers and a 1Gunner

Needless to say i had a bad time :lol: No one really did anything but snipe/get sniped from their base.

2-3 should definetly be a max, it's going to suck for people who play just one class but it sucks more for the rest who have to put up with dodging sniper bullets at their base and 2 of your own corner strafing 90% of the time

Then again, this is more a problem with the SteelPeel map, it really needs a wall between the bases or something.
  9. Screwbeck

Screwbeck New Member

^This, or you can say **** it, and play w/e class you want to play.
  10. jjcpockets

jjcpockets New Member

I've been playing a lot of rounds with two or more assaults and been winning regularly. Deciding to institute class restrictions because some teams cripple themselves with too many assassins and snipers wouldn't be fair for players whose class works well in multiples.

Plus this would lead to either a lot of people constantly leaving games if they can't play as the class they wanted or a lot of players who are unable to practice a single class due to the inconsistency forced by the restriction.
  11. sourpickle

sourpickle New Member

There does really need to be a limitation, i'm tired of getting these teams.

[​IMG]
  12. N0NEoftheAB0VE

N0NEoftheAB0VE New Member

I wouldn't like class limits - it has actually been Valve's biggest mistake on the 360 version of TF2 to allow limits in their 2009 patch, what you have now is people limiting certain classes to zero and unbalancing the game and it's frustrating not getting the option to do what you want.

I admit certain classes do get spammed (I was up against heaps of really good Snipers last night for some reason) but I'd prefer to put up with the occassional bad match rather than gimp the game in any way
  13. xxxScorpion

xxxScorpion New Member

If this happens and I can't be a Assassin I'll most likely leave the game and search until I can be one honestly. I know it sounds cry baby-ish but we all have our classes that we want to stay playing as.
  14. The Reaver

The Reaver New Member

2 per class per team sounds good. Hopefully it should stop those stupid 6-support rushes. =/
  15. Warskull

Warskull New Member

You would only need to implement restrictions on sniper and assassin (and only in quick match games.) You could even make them level based. If a team already has 2 assassins, 2 snipers, or 1 assassin and 1 sniper both classes become locked for any player under level X.

The best TF2 servers usually cap engy, spy, and sniper at 2 each to help limit how badly a team can cripple itself.

Teams overloading on assassin and sniper are a big problem and there is no way to kick players who insist on playing assassin number 4 out of the game.