Please Answer

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Light My Pyre, April 2, 2011.

1. Light My Pyre

Light My Pyre New Member

I live in Japan and I have 47 mb up and 5 mb down but I still lag. Even if I have the best MB in the world, if the host live in US, I'll still lag... right? I really wanna enjoy the game with no lag like most of you people so if you know anything about how to erase lag then please tell me.

P.S.
    I heard that IG THOMBOW live in Netherlands... I wonder if he lags?
  2. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

All about the ping.
  3. Light My Pyre

Light My Pyre New Member

How can I upgrade my ping?
    Where can I see my ping on MNC?
  4. vortexcontinuum

There really isn't a way to upgrade your ping, unless you get more powerful internet. Your ping isn't visible in MNC, but in most games it takes the form of "bars". At least your bandwidth is high enough you won't have many issues with packet loss.
  5. AmazeTheory

AmazeTheory New Member

Thombow doesn't lag, in fact he hardly ever lags.
    dat dere dutch host dawg :cool: so strong
  6. Light My Pyre

Light My Pyre New Member

I think I do have a powerful Internet since I have 47 MB up and 5 MB down. Should I upgrade it more to get a good connection?
  7. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher New Member

it all depeneds whos in the game and whos host
  8. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

No matter how fast your internet connection is, the problem is your distance to the host. If you connect to a host in Europe you will have a ping of 350-450ms, for the US 250ms if you are lucky. In both cases you will lag badly and there is nothing you can do but move to Europe or North America.

There are two ways to fix this: Search for players from Asia, send them friend requests and host private matches with them on the 360. Or get the PC version and play on a dedicated server in Asia.
  9. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

not too often.
  10. vortexcontinuum

11. F5in

F5in New Member

wait wut 47 UP and 5 DOWN? Shouldn't it be the opposite? If so, then that connection is already really good. Even if you have an AMAZING connection, you will still lag if you live in different continents.
  12. vortexcontinuum

He lives in Japan, their internet is like 10x better than ours.

Edit: Just looked it up, apparently it's 20x better.
  13. xl G h o S 7 lx

xl G h o S 7 lx New Member

No its not. I get 35-40 mb upload 4 download . The average person's internet speed is 1 mb. I live in the U.S
  14. Airwags

Airwags New Member

Ping is based completely on distance as has been said.

As far as connection speed goes, typically a cable connection will have much faster download speeds than upload and DSL will have faster upload than download. Fiber Optics tend to have equal upload and download speeds.

This is generally speaking and speeds can vary based on the provider.
  15. Guacamolen

Guacamolen New Member

I live in Sweden and I have 100mb upload and and 100 mb download. And when I play with guys from the US, it still lags. Often it lags like hell! And when it lags that much I can't play sniper, which is my primary class. It is like playing soccer with only one leg. And that sucks, because the best players are from the US, so it makes me and my friends suck when we play against you on your host. And when I host, I often get mail sayin "n00b sniper host!", and " it lags like hell for me"..

Am I doing wrong in hosting some games? It feels like 80% of the time I get on a game it lags. I don't feel like playing with lag is fun..

Peace, Guacamole
  16. imfinity

imfinity New Member

Don't get americanized! We live in Europe! The sports name is football!

No, but seriously, Guacamolen, you never suck. It's just that you never get satisfied, even if you go 30 - 7 with sniper on a laggy host you rage just because it's laggy. :mrgreen:
  17. MoonGooseThe3rd

MoonGooseThe3rd New Member

It seems like the foreigners of this topic may benefit from this tip I saw elsewhere on the forum: when you search for a match, watch the bottom left corner where it says nonsense like "Red Rovering" and stuff. When it gets you in a game see if it says "Searching" or "Connecting". If it says Connecting, that means that it's about to make you the host, which should mean you won't lag at all even if everyone else is. If it says "Searching" you can just keep canceling your search and restarting until it makes you the host.