Armorless and Bronze Armor Assault Builds?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by wazupwiop, April 12, 2011.

1. xl G h o S 7 lx

xl G h o S 7 lx New Member

Why do you even bother telling people these things? If they don't learn the first time you say something they never will.
  2. Pothocket

Pothocket New Member

So, considering that 99.3% of the games played are pub matches, why bother mentioning the competitive metagame? Oh, that's right, because the .7% is the majority voice here. Well, carry on.

And I don't find the explanation for lack of armor nerf acceptable. If its broken, its broken, and its clearly broken. Gold armor on assaults makes people play like idiots because they trust in their armor to win any given encounter. That's not skill, it's math. G-armor, S-RoF, B-acc wins via attrition. 3 of 4 of the assault's class skills deal with his mobility (jump, dash, hover) so why encourage them to play the complete opposite of how the assault was designed by making armor much more effective than mobility? Design fail.
  3. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

Do i haft to say this again? Playing without armor takes skill is like saying i play with 1 hand because it takes more skill.
  4. XENONOX

XENONOX New Member

I don't know what's going on but...

When I use gold armor, I just kept running forward while I held down the right trigger and I got kills. I got shot, but it doesn't stop them from killing me before I kill them.

When I use no armor, I run around, doing all sort of tactical maneuvers, fly and charge into safety like Tomb Raider, hid behind walls while I pray to a Bible and a God I don't believe, hope for a miracle, and I get a kill.

I definitely have more fun with no armor.

Amen.
  5. MLGIntervention

[​IMG]
  6. Pothocket

Pothocket New Member

Not really sure what this has to do with anything. Are you trying to make an arm-less joke? That is in bad taste, sir.
  7. MLGIntervention

If you don't play with armor you might as well cut off you hand and play with 1 hand.
    If you still don't get it NO ARMOR IS LIKE PLAYING WITH A HANDICAP.
  8. Pothocket

Pothocket New Member

Lol, no no. I get it. I think you may be missing something though.
  9. XENONOX

XENONOX New Member

You guys need to tone it down a little bit.

He's asking regarding to variation on his assault build, not asking for a different build that he obviously has another custom class for.

RoF/Acc/Skill is what I found best. Bronze armor allows you to take an extra bullet from an AR before you're dead compared to no armor, so I will not run bronze armor at all.

This statement can easily be corrected if wrong, but when I was testing accuracy builds for the assault, I found out 12 bullets on an assault rifle can kill an assault within maximum damage range. With bronze armor, I can take 13 bullets. Let's not even talk about how it'll effect your assault's well-being against different weaponry.

Bronze clip is a waste as the added RoF/Acc gives you maximum damage output within a short period of time, easily giving you an edge in battle and with well-timed reloads, the endorsement won't be necessary. If you're aiming is decent, clip size is a waste as well.

Another choice you can go with can be health recovery, as speed boost can be easily picked up and your survivability should be top-notch with a sneaky assault anyway. That's the reason I choose Bronze skill recovery. It's not for the bomb regeneration speed or the charge, but for the Fly skill, which ultimately allows me to survive way better than normal. If you can survive that well, bronze health recovery is a waste as well.

Needless to say, bronze critical shot does nothing and I didn't think the community would just call it the "xenonox's build" and ran it with me and made us all look like idiots.

Amen.
    Last edited: April 12, 2011
  10. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I don't get why the "private match" players care what the pub players use? I mean if you go against them it should be easy for you so why do you care?
  11. MLGIntervention

I wont people to be good at the game not be so bad. We had hope for the competitive community but all hope is lost.
  12. DeadStretch

"One mans trash is another mans treasure."
  13. Pothocket

Pothocket New Member

Knowing which endorsments are technicaly "best" and choosing them because of that doesn't take "skill". Your explanation implies something is wrong with the game, not the players. So we agree! We're on the same page, me and you.
  14. MLGIntervention

I don't think me and you are im saying picking the endorsements that are best is what you should do clearly armor is the best to choice from on the assault. The game is perfect no need in changing anything. Just some new DLC's would work.
  15. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

Ugh.

COMPETITIVE MNC COMMUNITY

*y u no guy*

Y U NO LET US HAVE FUN

Really, I play privates, I use gold armor, but RoF/Acc/Skill is just fun. Of course, kckzi is right, gold armor is necessary *RABLRABLRABL* but in pubs, you can get away with no armor. That's the point of this thread.

So let's discuss armorless builds, instead of rambling on about how gold armor is so necessary a;lfdija;liejrlkjbznc;vha[pruoiegfpaodishpfai
  16. DeadStretch

"Y U no guy?"
  17. MLGIntervention

18. DeadStretch

Um, what? I don't understand what you are trying to say. MLG you contradict yourself almost as much as Feedle did.
  19. MLGIntervention

There is a diffrence i do it to keep my image looking good. he does it because he cant help but be dumb
  20. DeadStretch

Well what I don't get is you get mad when other players take away your fun but yet you try to take away the fun from others. I guess your motto is: "Treat others how you want to be treated."

Btw do you know what a contradiction is?
    inb4 Google