[Tank] "Tanks are to Bots like Gunners are to Pros" Guide!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Strategy and Tactics' started by BroTranquilty, February 15, 2011.

1. Marmalade

Marmalade New Member

To be honest, I didn't find it particulary challenging to kill you as assassin and neither did Zanarias as assault.
  2. Llamatron

Llamatron New Member

Re: [Tanks] "Tanks are to Bots like Gunners are to Pros" Guide!

Emphasizing on that, the speed boosts are a gift from the gods to the tank. Imo if you throw some hp regen in your endorsements and hog the speed boosts, you negate the two major downsides the tank has.

Also, be sure to wear the pyro helmet to give the TF2 guys some flashbacks.
  3. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Lmao, you guys were good assassins. Oddly enough, I was as effective as tank as I was as gunner against y'all.

Good games though. I was frustrated with pc forums last night so was blowing off steam in-game. I did hear "goose" and "dan" mention y'all being from the forums. We should team up more often instead of fight again.
  4. Myst

Myst New Member

Please mention this somewhere in the guide - people who complain about the assassin being able to hit the moneyball from "anywhere" have no idea how ridiculous the tank is.
  5. Goose

Goose Active Member

wat?
  6. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

As I am no longer bound to come to these forums anymore, don't expect to see much support for this guide. I will not add this anyway because, tbh, most classes can hit the moneyball in some way from their spawn or midfield:

-Gunners can mortar it from almost anywhere if they get creative.
    -Tanks can arc it in a manner to "carpet bomb" with the lvl3 split effect.
    -Assassins are fast enough to make it to enemy moneyball in 12 seconds and tick it with shurikens, and can make it to richocet-hit the moneyball in 6 seconds.
    -Speaking of richocets, the assault can hit the moneyball from the center of steelpeel with grenade-gun bounces of the right pillar. You stand around the annihilator walkway, shoot the left side of the right pillar near their moneyball ring, and it bounces into the moneyball all the way from steel peel center.
    -Snipers can throw flak from outside of turret range a lot of the time, and snipe from max distance between gaps in glass.
    -Supports can lob airstrikes onto it all the way from the middle on some maps.
    -Spunky cola has the ledge behind the base, any class can get on it (if they don't have jumpjets, they jump from the top walkway all the way over.

Also will be borrowing this guide for the new site.

Here, I added your quoted imput. It's in there. Enjoy.
    Last edited: March 2, 2011
  7. Myst

Myst New Member

Sure, any class can do it, but its a tank guide, so it should let you know what tank is capable of - every class has 4 skills and a grapple but you still talk about them :)
  8. Mr Dillon

Mr Dillon New Member

Nice guide! Couple of thoughts:
    As a long time SF fan all your analogies are cool with me but for some people they might be a bit difficult. maybe try something different in the same vein what was that stuff about "running palm"? if you have your own private nickname for moves dont use them in a guide its really unintuitive.

i really disagree with the assault/gunner stuff. assaults have a huge mobility advantage over you and if your semi-competent with the railgun gunners are screwed. iv killed almost as many gunners as assassins.

the best tank on pc? i doubt it if you dont run armour. assassins can lunge grapple around corners and snipers are deadly. do you record footage by any chance?

hope to see you on the battlefield soon!
  9. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

I simply think I am the best tank... because I am one out of maybe 2 tank players in a database of 5000. Plus, I got the xbox moves that people are still dying to the aforementioned lunge-grapple assassins over.

You are fairly right, armor is great against classes that deal one big damage followed by nothing. I thought I put that in the guide. Alas, armor is overrated, as classes like the gunner will kill you nearly as fast with armor since he does so quick constant damage.

Really, it depends on range with the tank. Everything needs to be med-long range or point blank. You can ohko assaults that get in charge range, but gunners can kill you near-instant. If you get passives, assassins and assault-bombs and such normally give you no trouble anyway.

Basically, I always use "Glass Cannon" builds. I feel sitting in base spamming product nade and charge gets much more kills than sponging damage. Do the same with gunner, gold crits instead of armor wins individual gunfights, and with a support wins gunfights against odds, by using deploy for a short time.
  10. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

I play Tank almost exclusively now and I see others playing as well, so you are not alone.

Among the Tank players I have seen I am the best, at least on Japanese servers.
    I doubt I am the best in the game but at least notable for being up there.

I dont play exactly the way the guide suggests (for example I upgrade Product Grenade 2 and Passive 2, then Product Grenade 3, because my grenade skill is extremely high in all FPS games I play for some reason), but I dont think the guide is wrong either.

I think it has a quite suitable place.
    It should be perfectly fine for people starting off in Tank and helping them reach an advanced level.
    At some point people have to branch off and play how it really suits their styles, just as I do with my focus on grenades, but it isnt the job of a guide to try to explain the single best way because there isnt one. Any given loadout is only effective if the player really feels the style of play that utilizes that load-out (hence I ignore Charge until the end).

With that in mind I think this guide does its job, and it includes all of the vital information players will need to start exploring Tank.

L. Spiro
  11. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

I'd say I'm more well known in pubs, but Shammas is by far the best tank in the game with his rail gun skill on the 360.

Thanks, though.

Seems to be a pretty decent guide.
  12. pandapaw

pandapaw New Member

But do you even play on the pc version anymore? You might have been the best tank when the game first came out on pc - but to claim you are the best now? I dunno, I'm average at tank at best, and I've put in a lot of hours on mnc (at different timeslots) and I have yet to see you play. I've talked to one person who has played against you, and he didn't have anything great to say about your play.

I know moves that I'm 95% sure xbox players don't know about. I guess that makes me better! /sarcasm (Actually I do know tricks that many have not seen...)

Seriously, stop with the xbox elitism. They may well be better players. Just keep it in the xbox forums.

Hi Spiro.
  13. Vlane

Vlane New Member

From what I've read Bro is also not that great on the 360 version.
  14. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

There are a lot more Tanks playing now that the Assault has been nerfed.
  15. Mail

Mail New Member

Surprisingly good ones, too. While I was playing around as sniper, one tank actually managed to harass me with the railgun! On steel peel! I was impressed.
  16. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

You don't even play xbox but you know so much. ;)
  17. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

If you ask people, you will usually hear bad stuff about everyone. Read my signature. Everyone, EVERYONE, is a ****.

****wad. :roll:

Btw, I sumo kill so many peps on xbox. I wouldn't be suprised if PC doesn't know what sumo is.
  18. Mail

Mail New Member

[​IMG]
    Sorry, I just always wanted to reply to you with that image.
  19. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

That is a pretty good image. Mind = Blown.
    I always wanted to use that. Though, I probably shouldn't have used it. Now some mod is going to remove it.

I noticed another thread demonstrating a player using a gamepad being pretty good... with a TANK. It has so many fine points of tank gameplay. I will see if I can use his video and give him credit for it, as a demonstration for charge-jumping, countering assassins via railgun grapple, proper use of jumpjets, proper weapon usage, proper zoning, proper use of skills, some random tidbitz, and ect.
  20. Mr Dillon

Mr Dillon New Member

surely the tanks...everything counters the asassin?? lol

also when did eka say that quote in your sig?