Monday Night LAGFEST

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Leonidas21, August 16, 2010.

1. Leonidas21

Leonidas21 New Member

I want this post to be more constructive criticism and less of a rant. But has anyone else been having issues with lag? My friends and I have been having serious issues with games. I know that its not Uber Entertainments fault that people have crappy internet connections but about 60-70% of my games have been unplayable due to lag. i either have to deal with it or quit out and try and remake the game (which is usually what happens). I have plugged my xbox directly into my broadband modem to try and pass my firewall in hopes of having better luck becoming host. But I just can't seem to get it. I also wonder if some kids aren't trying the old standby trick in a lot of the games. Almost seems that way. Some of the lag just comes out of the blue. And I know its not just me because everyone else playing seems to have the same issue at the time. I was mainly wondering if anyone knew if Uber had any plans to try and remedy this? Perhaps a 30 sec period of horrible connection and it will auto migrate host? Or some type of rating on hosts to try and not get bad hosts. Thanks for any feedback.

P.S. - Proof my connection doesn't suck...

Attached Files:

2. The_Jx4

The_Jx4 New Member

Ping. You need a Ping test.
  3. KahLriK

KahLriK New Member

Jx4 is right on the money...

I've only been in two laggy games that I can remember. By laggy, I mean laggy enough that I'm running in a slideshow.

Any other type of lag should be expected for a game without dedicated servers.

Imaginary lag plagues me quite a bit too... You know, when you think you're doing fine, and the connection is the only reason you're missing your lunges and grapples...

Yeah....
  4. inc0mplete

inc0mplete New Member

Sorry man. Can't say I ever get lag. Maybe 1 out of every 10-15 matches in all honesty. FIOS ftw.
  5. nodoctors

nodoctors New Member

I have top tier FIOS and have run into a string of painfully laggy games. The quality of the host's connection is what's key here, not yours.
  6. Haldane

Haldane New Member

I can agree with him on the lag part. I have run into many games where lag makes it near impossible to walk around let alone play. Other then that tho jeeze man can you get a more unoriginal name? 300 much?
  7. The_Jx4

The_Jx4 New Member

lmao. To each his own I guess.
  8. Rolos

Rolos New Member

I dont really have many lag issues, but it really depends on the hosts connection.
  9. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

It would be nice to be able to see ping in-game..
  10. Rolos

Rolos New Member

Wishlist? :)
  11. Jebiga

Jebiga New Member

It lagged for 1 day after its release, but only for around 3 matches and since then it works fine!
  12. Warskull

Warskull New Member

It would also be nice to indicate who the host is, so I can add bad hosts to my avoid list.
  13. xXxH4YDOSxXx

xXxH4YDOSxXx New Member

i am australian i wish i had your connection today all i did was playing with yanks it was so so bad with lag we need local search
  14. yoomazir

yoomazir New Member

lagswitching maybe?
  15. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

There's lag and there's "lag", you get the games where you teleport and jump around everywhere and you get the games where everything is about half a second off like you have an oversea host, this makes killing and grapples near impossible to do well.

It's a large problem with peer 2 peer gaming which xbox live seems to use in near everything this generation, it's also why gears 1 and 2 had delay on their bullet shots and felt like you were back in the dialup age of lag.

Halo 2 and 3 also have this problem but the network coders at bungie are some kind of gods who can hide it rather well to the point of not even noticing it in nearly all the weapons you shoot.
  16. Leonidas21

Leonidas21 New Member

Here's just hoping that Uber Entertainment can help do something about it. A ping list would be key. So we can see whos laggin and perhaps set a vote or something for a different host. Wonder what Uber Entertainment uses to check for possible hosts? Its really the only downside to this game that I have.
  17. Nightmare

Nightmare New Member

What is this "lag" you speak of?
  18. joshdale

joshdale New Member

It was fairly obvious that when I played last night there was some lag switching going on, e.g. (I did read the Oatmeal comic http://theoatmeal.com/comics/ie) 5/6 of the opponents faced were Assassins. This would allow whoever was the "lag switcher" the ability to teleport and stab you in the back.

This isn't a problem with the game, it's a problem with the community. So, is there anything Uber can do to recognize lag switchers or just crappy hosts in the code to drop those bastards?
  19. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

A good way to test lag is to switch guns, you will notice the weapon changes before the animation plays, and this can get longer and shorter depending on the connection to the host.

If it takes a good half a second to change weaon good luck getting those grapples in on moving targets, aka playing in the UK with an american host which happens way too often on xbox live.
  20. Doom

Doom New Member

I haven't noticed any actual bullet lag (And I've been sniping most of my games, so it would make a pretty big difference). Just MASSIVE frame rate lag when the game starts to get hectic (overtime especially). When the game's frame rate goes to ****, it feels like the only possible way to get a kill is with the Support's Heal/Hurt gun because it locks on :\