Charge + Jump-pad = ?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Strategy and Tactics' started by pandapaw, April 10, 2011.

1. pandapaw

pandapaw New Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56hCC-1cDv0

Some jumps I've been incorporating into my gameplay. All the jumps that didn't use Assault's fly works for tank as well. No idea if this works on xbox - haven't seen anyone use it. If you find any other ones, let me know! You might be able to do some really weird bomb + charge + jump-pads combo.

Apologies for no sound. Was testing new recording setup and didn't go so well with the sound getting out of sync.
  2. [451]Fireman

[451]Fireman New Member

A lot of those aren't that useful, but the LazoRazor one is quite good. Did you try the lower to upper in the side ring of Steel Peel? You could probably go from there directly to the Annihilator. *EDIT* Ah never mind. You have to bomb plus jump pad, charge jump pad doesn't work. */EDIT*

The other thing to try is bomb and jump pad jumps. Only Grenade III seems to have any viable ones though.

Later edits:

I tried the LazorRazor one and adding a bomb to it gets you to the high glass above the right spawn exit for the other team. Good to get some damage on the money ball or if you have juice. A bit too risky otherwise.

Ammo mule looks to work better as an attack move. Charge jump towards the enemy ring from their side of the map and you can jump directly to the upper ring. You can get it without fly but it seems to be very precise to hit it.
  3. Myst

Myst New Member

Spunky Cola has one where you place bomb on the left jump pad underneath the spawn (the left one of the pair underneath spawn, not the one that sends you onto the catwalk), and it will jump you to the enemy team's forward ejector.
    Can only really think of it being useful for getting the drop on a sniper, and even then its probably more effective to toss a bomb up, but I don't really play assault or sniper so what do I know :)
  4. [451]Fireman

[451]Fireman New Member

It's better to just bomb jump from the upper money ball ring if you want to get to the ejector. Much easier and more reliable.
  5. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Cool, I always thought hitting a jump pad during charge just took away the charge momentum completely
  6. [451]Fireman

[451]Fireman New Member

It depends on distance. All the good jumps you start your charge while standing almost on top of it. The further you charge before hitting the jump pad the less distance you get.
  7. Mail

Mail New Member

I must fiddle with this! What's the command to open a map with no bots and play around on it again?
  8. pandapaw

pandapaw New Member

open DLC1_SteelPeel.hmap
    open DLC1_AmmoMule.hmap
    open DLC1_Grenade3.hmap
    open DLC1_LazerRazor.hmap
    open DLC1_Spunky.hmap

Spunky for some weird reason still spawns bots. I've been meaning to load up afk games to see how often red/blue wins and cry about bot imbalance.
  9. killien

killien Active Member

Actually you don't need the ".hmap" part
  10. [451]Fireman

[451]Fireman New Member

Just messing around a bit on Grenade 3 and LazorRazor and testing to see how good bomb and charge is.

Combining them is pretty fast, but I think they got rid of momentum maintain by quickly toggling flight on and off. You can also reach impressive height with charge bomb jumps.

I was able to make it on top of the annihilator blimp on Grenade 3 with one. You can even get on top of the blimp on LazorRazor from upper spawn ring.

Grenade 3 is pretty hard though, you probably need a juice to do it.