Let's try some unorthodox Endorsement builds :)

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Strategy and Tactics' started by Goose, February 21, 2011.

1. Virulence

Virulence New Member

Not sure if it has been posted yet, but the Hit-and-Run Tank is pretty fun. Get in, get your murder on, get out. You can surprise Assaults with your speed sometimes.

Gold Speed, Silver Armour, Bronze Clip Size

I'm sure I can improve on the Silver endorsement slot somehow. Maybe Health Regen so I can zip back to full health when I Deploy.

Hey, I'm going to try that right now! Hopefully the Snipers are sleeping today.
  2. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

Gunner: Gold armor, silver skill, bronze rof

the armor is so you can run at the people and chase them longer, silver skill for slam and grapple (this is a grapple spam build after all) the RoF is just in case both grapples are cooling down and for taking out turrets obviously, its a fun build :D
  3. Mail

Mail New Member

Today I screwed around with some silly armorless sniping builds.

Reload/Speed/Skill

Skill/Speed/Regen

Thing is they worked a lot better for me than the usual fare. I think I'll test them more.
  4. arseface

arseface Post Master General

I just realized I've been playing assassin for over a week with RoF/Armor/Crits instead of the usual Armor/RoF/Crits, and TEARING VIRGIN ANUSES APART. I was wondering how I got so much better at playing assassin. I was getting mvp repeatedly by a margin of, (and this is a bare minimum) $500 or more, usually $1000+. Anyone who has played with me can vouch for the fact that I am a mediocre(at best) assassin.

I tried to go back to the cookie cutter build for a match or two and ended up dying repeatedly and not killing anything. So long gold armor, you hamper my survivability far too much.
  5. Mail

Mail New Member

I've screwed around a bit with a new support build. Gotta say I like it. Gold speed, silver, rate, and bronze skill. As long as there aren't any good assassins about I can generally perform better than using my usual rate/skill/armor.

Also running a skill/rate/acc build for my tank. I'm trying to get better at the long range.
  6. Wintermute

Wintermute New Member

I've been running RoF, Speed, Armour for Support, it feels like a lot of enemy pros are surprised when I start hunting them down. While it was mentioned in SXD24's Support guide, I don't see many custom Supports running around.

Fun thing is, this build also works nicely with Blitz.
  7. Mail

Mail New Member

I will try it, though I think I'd suffer from the lack of skill regen. I love my airstrikes too much.
  8. arseface

They instagib players and firebases. How could you love them too much?
  9. Mail

Mail New Member

Also if you spam three at once you can do serious damage to anything short of a level 3 rock-it or shave-ice. You can't love them enough, but I love them too much to leave them in the cold with no skill in my build.
  10. Tiller

Tiller Active Member

I'm running on my assault:

Critical Shot -Gold
    Rate of Fire - Silver
    Clip Size/Armor/Accuracy - Bronze

It's really interesting when you go for passive 3 now that my Assault style is no longer charge oriented. I always found that I keep getting magically outshot by other assaults when I'm playing as one or not. Like as a tank I would get murdered by one that seemed to do so much more damage than I seem to be doing. With this, when you get a critical shot, and you will more often, it's a noticeable boost to damage output. I don't think its reliable or as poweful as other builds, but it's fun when you're in pew pew mode and the purple comes out and the gunner who turned the corner now shredded.

Question though, do critical shots have damage falloff?

Skill Regen Tank is really fun though if you're into charging alot and product bombing every other second. Health Regen when played right is incredibly rewarding too. Thinking of shedding some extra armor for a Silver speed or health regen. Until recently I went with rate of fire and armor, but trying these out is fun. If only I didn't sacrifice my other custom class slots and have no time to change them without backing out of servers...
  11. arseface

We really need more custom slots. I think there is enough room for a second column of six. It would give people a reason to spend some of that phat loot you get piled up after a while.
  12. Mail

Mail New Member

Yeah I could also use them. With two builds to a class I essentially have to decide which three classes I'm going to play each time I boot up the game.
  13. Robbert

Robbert New Member

How much would the last one cost :shock: . But it seems a pretty good idea, it would give me reason to make a fun classes.
  14. arseface

After you play for a while the money just starts rolling in. I've got a few million to spare myself. I think the second column should cost the same as the first though. No reason to make newer players miss out on the fun of experimentation.

And I'm thinking of replacing armor with something for my tank. Right now it's Skill/Armor/Regen. I'm thinking of bumping the regen and replacing the armor with something else. The question is, what? RoF would help the railgun, Speed would help me not be as slow, and Reload would help with juice-induced spin spam. Any thoughts?
  15. Tiller

Tiller Active Member

I just tried something silly.

Gold Reload speed/Rate of Fire
    Silver Reloadspeed/Rate of fire
    Bronze Ammo

On Assassin

Shurikens. Shurikens EVERYWHERE.
  16. Myst

Myst New Member

Not sure this is really unorthodox as its just toying with the bronze endoresement, but....

Assassin:
    Gold: Armour
    Silver: RoF
    Bronze: Crit

Lets you kill tanks with gold armour, passive level 3, and full health by using a lunge-melee -> backgrapple once you upgrade cloak to 3.
  17. Mail

Mail New Member

I'm playing around with shotgun focused builds on support. Briefly considered the ammo mule endorsement, tried it in blitz and deemed it totally unnecessary amounts of bullets.

Going to try gold rate of fire, silver skill, bronze armor again with more of a focus on shooting dudes, and also gold reload, silver crit, bronze armor for sillies.
  18. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

Tank: Skill recovery/armor/RoF
    Support: RoF/speed/armor
    Assault: Skill recovery/RoF/accuracy
    Gunner: RoF/Clip size/Accuracy
  19. DEPLOY

DEPLOY New Member

I been trying out some different gunner builds. This is the one I'm testing at the moment.

Gold: Accuracy
    Silver: Speed
    Bronze: RoF

If you got good aim you can hit smaller targets from a longer distance and a more concentrated burst when close up, speed for getting to and fro quicker and RoF just for mortars, I was thinking of switching up speed and rof but haven't tried that yet.
  20. Robbert

Robbert New Member

I think i'm going to check this out for my tank class:

Crit
    rate
    reload

I found out in blitz by getting bacon that gold crit on a tank make that you railgun go's crazy.