Sniper/Gunner/Tank Questions

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by DEPLOY, April 11, 2011.

1. DEPLOY

DEPLOY New Member

1. When will deploy 3 for gunner be fixed as it's getting quite frustrating getting headshot when deployed.

2. Why can snipers headshot through the back super thick armor of the tank and gunner? It doesn't really make sense to me as both the gunner and tank have visibly thick armor around the neck/shoulder area.
  2. Vlane

Vlane New Member

2. Passive 2 adds armor penetration to the bullets.
  3. Mail

Mail New Member

Deploy 3 is fixed for gunner, I don't know what you're talking about.

Snipers can headshot through the back super thick armor using their first passive upgrade. It's armor piercing bullets.
  4. DEPLOY

DEPLOY New Member

Well today I was deployed with upgrade 3 and got one shot by a sniper, don't know if he was juiced or not but that shouldn't of killed me.
  5. Esham

Esham New Member

There is a delay for the face shield to come down before it takes effect.
  6. Kutharos

Kutharos Member

I absolutely agree with this. I actually made a shot while the animation of the shield going down during a deployment.
  7. Espiodude2

Espiodude2 New Member

Even if the face shield is down you could easily spray them with bodyshots while he helplessly tries to undeploy.
  8. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

You mean, should have, not, should of [sic].

And #2 was already raised by a certain someone.
    Uber Entertainment, Inc. replied that the current behavior is intentional, and it was implied that it does not even require armor-penetrating bullets.

I strongly disagree with the logic behind this decision, however.
    Even armor-penetrating bullets should not allow a head shot through armor that is clearly much stronger than any other armor in the game.
    Only railguns should be able to go through the bodies of Tanks, maybe Gunners.
    Armor penetrating bullets should go through the bodies of bots and humans, but penetrate, not impale the bodies of Tanks (perhaps Gunners).

That means by the time it goes through that thick armor behind the head, it has slowed enough to do damage. Not kill in one hit and keep going.

Indeed, under any circumstances, it should not be possible to get a headshot on a Gunner or Tank from behind. But good luck getting them to fix that.

L. Spiro
  9. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

I never understood why gunners should be vulnerable to headshots while deployed in level 1 and 2. It's not like they're hard be taken down by other classes in the first place since they become so vulnerable to long range weapons (shurikens anybody?).
  10. Espiodude2

Espiodude2 New Member

In This Post: Realism + Futuristic Sport Including Cloning and Invisibility.
  11. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

even in fantasy, it's best if logic still applies
  12. arseface

arseface Post Master General

I couldn't agree more.