A minimap. PLEASE A MINIMAP ;_;

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by DevilAir, August 16, 2010.

1. DevilAir

DevilAir New Member

Really. Something very simple to check and such. In pubs it's impossible to check all the map at once, i think a very simple model of the minimap, showing the advancement of the bots and the turrets and such.

To be more clear, something like this: [​IMG]
  2. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

I quite like how you can't quickly check the map in this game, it keeps you looking out for stuff instead of relying on pressing back for a map screen so you can find the choke points.

Personal preference of course.
  3. DevilAir

DevilAir New Member

I don't care about seeying people on it, just a general status of the lanes and turrets.
  4. SuperEvilDOOM

SuperEvilDOOM New Member

Yeah, it would be nice to have it. Not as a radar but for the bots and turrets. It would help a lot of careless players who don't move up or know when to move up.
  5. SvartfaR

SvartfaR Member

For me it would be enough to see my Team-Member on a mini-map. So you can see every time who is alone and need help. Another cool feature would be if you could see the enemy position while a team member is firing on it.
  6. PrivateJohn

PrivateJohn New Member

+1.

Please make this happen.
  7. The Reaver

The Reaver New Member

The thing is, the lack of a minimap prevents you from knowing when and where you should push. A minimap showing bots and towers (definitely not players, though) would help team coordination immensely.

That said, the HUD seems perfect as it is. I think maybe if you press the Back button while you're at the scoreboard (so pressing the Back button twice), it should bring up the large overlay of the map you see while you're waiting to respawn.
  8. Dominooo

Dominooo New Member

I don't want a mini map.
  9. quaabi

quaabi New Member

Mini map?? wtf???? Forget about a mini map. . . The game is just fine without it.
  10. Spooze

Spooze New Member

You don't need a mini map. Not every shooter needs a mini map.
  11. PuRe x MaGiCkZ x

PuRe x MaGiCkZ x New Member

I agree, i think the game could do with a small version of the 'death-map' that shows where the turrets are and where the bots are but i don't think it should show players.
  12. PrivateJohn

PrivateJohn New Member

Probably not the enemy player but at least we can see our allies pro, botz, turret. That's all we need for some good coordination. When you are playing pub game, you really can't expect all of them are working closely together....minimap would strengthen that up.
  13. PuRe x MaGiCkZ x

PuRe x MaGiCkZ x New Member

This is what i meant not enemy players but it should show allies so you can see where needs backup
  14. xxrpggamemanxx

xxrpggamemanxx New Member

Like a few others have said. I don't think this game needs a mini-map. It should be about awareness to your surroundings and also communication with your team.
  15. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

Actually, they've already experimented with this when the game was in development. It was cut for a reason.
  16. zodbones

zodbones New Member

a mini map would be nice
    it would help to have a way to alert players of whats going on.
    like when a jackbot and a few pros are shredding up the base in one lane and more than half the team is pushed far into the other lane and decide to ignore/not help with defense.
  17. skriclee

skriclee New Member

F#@* a MiniMap :evil: thanks for not putting one in, and thanks for not adding one.
  18. lordnovas

lordnovas New Member

A quick snap shot of the action would be great. When you play with randoms its hard to strat cause no one talks. With a minmap similar to the one shown while a user waits to spawn could rock.
  19. zodbones

zodbones New Member

instead of a UI minimap it could be a scoreboard mini map
    like how the time limit is posted on a scoreboard thing in front of the spawn
    there could be a map just on a wall somewhere so when you spawn you can see whats going on.
    having a minimap on the UI would be distracting, but having it somewhere in the background would be useful and not cluttering up the UI
  20. bicycletire

bicycletire New Member

Why not just have it pop up when you press start or select so you can check it any time but it's not in the way while you're running around.