Dear MNC Community

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by wazupwiop, April 9, 2011.

1. Ollie Cromwell

Ollie Cromwell New Member

Pretty much.
  2. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Don't knock my religion because you think yours is older. Ceiling Cat is nothing than a modern form of Bastet and the ancient Egyptian prayed to her 3000 years before anybody had ever heard of Christians. We have our own holy book and all. There's also physical proof that Ceiling Cat exists.

If you want me to respect your religion you will have to respect mine in return... ;)
  3. truckus

truckus New Member

the sad thing is that people love hiding behind the anonimity of the internet/xbox. fat, greasy nerds get to talk like tough guys knowing that the consequences of the real world aren't there. I don't know Deadpool FTW and certainly don't have anything against him, but he said he's 13 and swears like a marine over xbox live. I'll bet it's a different story when his parents are in ear shot. If they allow it, then just wow.

Don't get me wrong, I get aggitated at the game sometimes and it comes out of me in the form of a few four letter words sometimes, but then again I mostly play by myself. Haven't played MNC in a party for a few months now. It's not so much a matter of forming an opinion about swearing as it respecting your friends enough to do something rather simple for them. Not swearing...is easy. If you can't manage it, besides the occasional involuntary/habitual slip that cmes with being human, then maybe you don't value your friends that are against swearing.

And amaze theory, saying that "I believe swearing is wrong because" is different from declaring universaly that "swearing is wrong". context is everything.
  4. x Zatchmo

x Zatchmo New Member

Wazup, I wana play with you, but any lobby I'm ever in with you, you end up leaving. Like right now....
    Last edited: April 9, 2011
  5. F5in

F5in New Member

I don't swear all the time and I never swear IRL unless only my friends are around. XBL is one of the places I can go and just say whatever I want, so I'll keep doing that. It has nothing to do with being anonymous because I often give my Facebook to friends and if they really wanted they could go and tell my mommy on me that I've been using big bad words on the internet. I am going to swear a bit when I'm angry and I am going to swear a bit when I'm joking around. Like I said, if it bothers you so much, mute said person; stop being a little bitch.

OH NO I SWORED

^that post was directed towards trukus btw, not you, wazup
  6. truckus

truckus New Member

^^ I never said swearing bothers me. Not sure where you got that from. It's not even implied in anything I've said, especially considering I said I swear while playing in my last post. Maybe you just needed to get some random rage out of your system? I'm gonna go recover from being called a bitch on the internet now. wah wah wah

This thread seemed pretty personal to wazupwiop, I'll just stop posting in it
  7. F5in

F5in New Member

This is why I made the post. I am not a fat greasy nerd (ok, maybe a little nerdy) but it really annoys me when people say stuff like this.
    Last edited: April 9, 2011
  8. truckus

truckus New Member

I admit the example was a bit extreme, my bad. I didn't think that part would actually get to anyone, I didn't intend for it to. And I think it's fair to say that anyone that has an account on a video game forum is a bit nerdy, we're all here :lol:

no hard feelings I hope.
  9. F5in

F5in New Member

I just realized I messed up the quote so it looks like TOM said it... >_>

Fixing now.
  10. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

Zatchmo, send me a FR. I leave games quite often because I will leave a game to join games with other friends.

As far as the other conversation, I really don't care what is said from now on. I said I was sorry for acting "elitish" and I explained myself concerning language.
  11. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

Huh. Wow. I gotta say, I'm disappointed in summa the responses here. While the thread itself is kinda unnecessary, to a degree that most of these are, it's still pretty stupid that people would just say "Deal with it."

The dude apologizes for any misconceptions, which should be coming from anyone who HAD one, in a very respectful manner, and simply states the reasons for the misconception, while backing up his assertions to avoid swearing.

And, some people respond with "Lol, internetz brah. Deal wid it."

It's..... shocking.

I consider all who did so to be complete and total retards. All of you. Without exception.
  12. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

All's I gotta say is "Don't invite me to the party." I talk forever and very vulgarly. The only way to get me to stop is to vulgarly tell me so.
    :ugeek: :D
  13. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

You know, having a kinect mic is probably a bad idea. Don't hate me that I curse online sometimes, I don't do it to disrespect and to spite everyone around me, but it happens. I try to keep the mic away from my mouth when I have stuff to say, but I won't fix it for any single person, just like you won't talk like I do just to "show respect to me" (of course if you don't curse I don't respect you :roll: :lol: ).

Other than that, there are options to change the mic routing and volume in the xbox "silver button in the center of the controller" options, torwards the far right tab.

This is a two way street. I will try to not curse while my mic routes to yours, and maybe apologize when I do, but I will not feel like scum for it lol.
  14. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

You have the proper attitude if you ask me. My family and I understand if a word slips, but many people just keep on playing and say "Deal with it," very few people ever apologize.
  15. SHAP00PI

SHAP00PI New Member

At the end of the day, there are countless options there to help you avoid a person using bad language, mute, file complaint, player review.

If it slips once, your right, benefit of the doubt again, maybe, anything after that, just mute them and move on, your only bothering yourself and your family by not doing so, quite obviously the majority aren't really bothered by your opinion, unfortunately.

As for the public apology, really not necessary, you brought up 'the real world' but are for some reason worried by someones opinion of you over the internet.
  16. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

I'd never use any option that broadcasted XBL voice chat to my living room if I had kids or other people who might possibly be offended by that language. Sure, you can ask other people to be decent, but its ultimately your OWN responsibility to make sure that unwanted language does not get into your home.
  17. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

/thread
  18. The Dude 421

The Dude 421 New Member

+1

A $10 mic would fix all of your problems. The mute button is also the best feature xbox live has.
  19. iammclovin117

iammclovin117 Active Member

I was going to say this.
  20. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

Weird. I was the same when I was thirteen. At least the swearing to the point of offending sailors that've spent decades in prison hasn't changed *awesome emoticon here*