Is there any possibility this goes to Mac?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Wahrheit, April 10, 2011.

1. Wahrheit

Wahrheit New Member

I only have a Minecraft server for my site right now, but MNC is the next one we're adding when the update for port specification goes live.

We're really excited about this, but a nice chunk of my Minecraft users have Macs. While it may be far inferior to the PC master race, it would be nice to bash their heads in with bullets and katanas and things like that.

Is this anywhere in the future?
  2. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

Best thing I can suggest would be boot camp and hoping your CPU/graphics is strong enough for this game.
  3. d-roy

d-roy Active Member

Correct me if I'm wrong - But I don't think UBERent has any say in this at all. As it's the engine itself that lacks support for MACs. And the engine is Unreal 3, right? And the Unreal 3 engine is owned by EPIC. And EPIC is Microsofts cashcow... and, well you all probably get the idea by now.
  4. Espiodude2

Espiodude2 New Member

This man, he is wise. Anyways, I doubt Macs could run it.
  5. peteisfat

peteisfat New Member

As far as I know, Microsoft has no say in what Epic does besides publishing Gears of War, however I could be wrong.
    If I'm right, it's entirely Epic's choice whether they develop their engine for Mac.
  6. Wahrheit

Wahrheit New Member

That's too bad, I'll let my users know. :p
  7. B33rChiller

B33rChiller Member

Consolation prize time.
    Smash MNC should be coming to the Mac.
  8. Chucklehead

Chucklehead New Member

Hooray, more players. :mrgreen:
    Hopefully you guys will enjoy your stay if they port over to the Mac.
    But with the whole thing about EPIC being Microsoft's cashcow, it's looking a bit grim.

I've always been curious as to how Mac users play shooters, seeing as how the mouse only has a single button from my experience.

EDIT: Above displays that I'm an idiot.
    Last edited: April 11, 2011
  9. Wahrheit

Wahrheit New Member

Since when is it getting ported?
  10. Chucklehead

Chucklehead New Member

Did I wrongly assume that they had announced this? Apparently yes, I'm an idiot. :oops:

I misread the majority of your original posts, the wording had me believe that the majority of your users, who I assumed used the Mac, were excited for an MNC server. Reading the last line more carefully would have avoided all of this confusion for me.
  11. Wahrheit

Wahrheit New Member

They're excited I'm getting a server but not that they can't play. :p