Your worst arena

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Nekoh, April 4, 2011.

?

Worst Arena?

1. AmmoMule

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  2. GrenADE III

19 vote(s)
    42.2%
  3. LaseRazor

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  4. Steel Peel

18 vote(s)
    40.0%
  5. Spunky Cola

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  1. x Zatchmo

x Zatchmo New Member

Spunky sucks.
  2. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

I can solo that map as support, and until yesterday, I didn't even have a support profile. That's how little I play it. The problem is a 3.3 firebase on that spot outside spawn covers all 3 exits and can be put in places difficult to airstrike.
  3. killien

killien Active Member

I happen to like SteelPeel as it is because it's impossible for a single Support to pin down your entire team by spamming Gapshots
    At the same time it can be absolutely infuriating if a Support gets a Firebase set up on the upper ring on your teams side of the map

As for GrenAdeIII, not really much of a problem with it. Yea a good Sniper can keep most of the map pinned down, but I wouldn't change the layout except for maybe some glass along the inner edge of the main level(ie near the jumppads to central island)

Actually, I do have one gripe about GrenAdeIII, for some reason trying to ChargeJump off of the spawn ring to the upper inner ring tends to result in a tiny hop and a wasted Charge
    You almost have to fall off the spawnring to get an effective ChargeJump
  4. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

Not only that, but it is significantly higher than the spawn ring, and has decent LoS for it, making it nearly impossible to push out. on all the other maps you can be at max height by going on the spawn ring.
  5. eternal

eternal New Member

Ammo mule, the center dome is higher than moneyball ring.

The 2nd floor of steel peel is also higher than the moneyball ring

The back bridges (where the ejectors are) on spunky cola is a SMIDGE higher than the moneyball ring. But only a tiny bit.
  6. Skull Man

Skull Man New Member

Grenade III - it's the hardest arena to carry a team as a one man army.
    pushing bots in left wing = leaving right wing vulnerable
  7. iammclovin117

iammclovin117 Active Member

GIII.....
  8. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

This occurred to me recently.

My team came together and made an awesome push to the left. Our gunner blasted turrets our assault carried to the front and I slashed bots apart. We reached their threshold and then bam, "Icement your moneyball is down!"