Invincible Firebases

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by DelBoy, April 6, 2011.

1. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

I'm not sure if this has been an issue that has been properly brought up before, but there have been much too many occurrences now when firebases are just indestructible when attacked by certain weapons.

I've only really significantly noticed this problem as Tank when attacking one with the jetgun. The thing just doesn't register any damage whatsoever, no hp loss, no smoke or sparks, nothing. However, if I was to switch to the railgun, the thing will actually take damage from it. The same thing happened before, but on a much rarer basis when I use the Gunner's minigun.

Switching back to the jetgun, or reloading it, however, does not fix the problem. I also doubt it's a lag issue because I was standing there trying to roast that mechanical weed for quite a long time without being interrupted. :|

Can anyone shed some light on this issue?
  2. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Happened to me more than once before but the more annoying thing is that firebases are invincible for a few seconds after it's support daddy died, which sucks when you're juice rushing.
  3. killien

killien Active Member

I think people are figuring out where to put their firebases that keep it from taking damage from certain weapons or angles

So far I've seen...
    - Firebase set on the edge by the Ejector buttons on Spunky so that they angle down not take any damage from airstrikes that landed nearby(aka had to be dead on)
    - Assault grenades go right through a firebase yet bullets hit it fine*
    - Assault grenades exploding on firebases and doing no damage
    - Railgun shots pass right through without damage

9 times out of 10, the Firebase is sitting on a weird spot. Either the angled bit on the edge of walkways, on top of low walls(LazeRazor) or in the gap on the walls on LazeRazor

*In this instance it was sitting at a screwy angle on a mesh on the ground floor of Spunky just before the central choke point
  4. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

i get the no damage jet gun so much more on pc then i did on 360, i thought the good connections would fix it? but its the whole invisible shield thing over again :(
  5. eternal

eternal New Member

I always assumed my grenades were just going between the firebases feet. Honestly though it doesn't matter, it takes SO long to kill a level 3 firebase with the grenade launcher. Even with gold ROF it is like 7seconds of constant fire if even without the support healing it.
  6. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

that's true but the firebase is extremely weak to the AR if you can be close enough to it
  7. eternal

eternal New Member

True, but that requires the firebase to be preoccupied with other things since its range while hacked is considerably farther than the damage drop off on the AR (even while zoomed.)
  8. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

There was one in spunky under the ejector bridge that I played tank for the first time (couple weeks ago) and juiced twice to kill it, yet no hits register with jetgun. Then I went back without juice and it took damage.
  9. Vlane

Vlane New Member

It sometimes happens that the firebases clips into the wall there which results in it not taking damage from specific angles. Maybe that happened.
  10. Mail

Mail New Member

I've found it's extremely difficult to kill a firebase without a support who knows how to use his airstrikes. Generally if there's a half decent support on the enemy team, I have to go support lest everyone on my team fail to kill it.
  11. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

I just mentioned this exact bug in the The reason I rage in MNC. thread.
    A turret had been particularly annoying so I finally decided to waste a juice on the damn thing and still nothing. I was only able to kill it later by hiding behind a JackBot and shooting it with the railgun.

But that particular match had been so riddled with bugs I did not post it, thinking it may just be a bad server.

Mail, you know how to dodge airstrikes right? They used to be quite a pain until I saw someone from observer dodging them and realized how I had done it before. Now they are practically a waste of an attack on me, because there is no chance that I will ever be hit by one again.

L. Spiro
  12. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

a lot of people don't know about the charge off a ledge to avoid a stuck airstrike either, all though that is harder to time
  13. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

Not just jumping off ledges.

Tank and Gunner should jet upwards as high as they can and just fall regularly.
    Gunner can additionally do his slam to guarantee it misses.

Assault can do his dash. Among these 3 classes there is little excuse to get hit by it. Unless your teammate happily brings one to you.

PS: Whether you can or cannot dodge airstrikes, dont bring them to your teammates.

L. Spiro
  14. Espiodude2

Espiodude2 New Member

No no no. He meant that only a support who can successfully get an airstrike on to the firebase can kill it with ease.
  15. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

That is painfully clear to me now.

I have a good excuse for misreading before. If I told you, you would be like, Yeah thats pretty good.

L. Spiro
  16. eternal

eternal New Member

Your computer is braille?
  17. Overgear

Overgear New Member

I believe one of these invincible firebase spots is on Steel Peel. Its against the wall next to the turret nub on the front right. Its a bit towards the middle of the wall but on two different rounds, ive been unable to damage firebases in those locations
  18. killien

killien Active Member

That definitely sounds like the collision is being registered as on the other side of the wall

Not sure how Uber does the collision on the FB, but if it's based on a simple box/ball/cylinder with a central point they may have to tweak that