DeadEye's Gunner Guide

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by lDeadEye, December 12, 2010.

1. lDeadEye

lDeadEye New Member

Fighting 2 people most of the time is the downfall of being a gunner. The trick is not putting yourself too far ahead unless you're just doing damage to push people back. Pick your battles, and try to avoid snipers when in battles.
  2. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

I have been running Accuracy/RoF/Armor with good results. I find that it is the everything class for me. The accuracy and RoF combined are great for taking down gold armor assaults in 4 seconds flat. The RoF is still great for the mortar launcher for turret ownage. I find that usually whoever shoots first will probably win a fight, so armor plays a very small role imo. I have been working on being more aware of my surroundings and ambushing for most of my kills. I have found that my favorite tactic is to put a few hits in on an enemy turret and get the attention of a pro and retreat a little. When they come around the corner, BOOM!!! They are dead. XD I did it in 3 different games today and kicked butt. When 4 people ganged up on me, I died; however, I went to the opposite side of their base and gave them a new challenge. While they were still uselessly defending my former area of ownage, I was destroying all of their turrets. It was hilarious when the support came back into his base to be met with my miniguns and smoking turret nubs. All of my team mates were commenting with "wow" when they saw the result of my damage.

Snipers seem to give me a ton of trouble no matter what heavy class I play. When I play tank or gunner, I am the sniper's favorite person to kill. I had a sniper 2-hit kill me from all the way across the map the other day when I was playing a silver armor passive 2 tank with full health while I was standing in my base on Ammo Mule. I watched the bullets hit me, and they were both body shot. I think he was running crit though. What is your strategy for dealing with snipers? When I play assassin, sniper, or assault they pose no issues. When I play tank or gunner, I am constantly the center of attention and I can't push like I need to.
  3. The Dude 421

The Dude 421 New Member

4. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

5. FreakNoodlez

FreakNoodlez New Member

I'd rather develop prostate cancer then to follow your guide.
  6. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

7. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

[​IMG]
  8. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

OMG! freak is REALLY mad because not only did he say whatever he said about prostate cancer, he actually necro'd the thread to do so!
  9. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

Who's Freaknoodlez anyway?
  10. x Zatchmo

x Zatchmo New Member

A very freaky noodle?