Who here plays MNC with music?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by arseface, April 7, 2011.

1. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Who here finds they play better with music playing? If so what music?

I have a few Gaming playlists myself. One is more of a "srs bns" one with some metal and some battle music. Another is an "I feel epic today" one with mainly orchestral music. And then sometimes I just go no music because MNC has a great audio feel on its own. It all depends on my mood as far as which works best.
  2. eternal

eternal New Member

I usually just load up my pandora.com radio station or something random from my mp3 folder.

I used to just listen to the MNC music for the first like 50hours but then I turned it off.

My Pandora Station if you are curious to what I listen to. It is kind of all over the map. I just threw all of the artists into one station instead of making a bunch of different ones so I get all sorts of weird mixes/transitions sometimes. I had it go from Beach Boys to Marilyn Manson to Wu-Tang Clan once. Usually the transitions are a little less weird though.
  3. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

4. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Never have, but maybe I should try it..

I just use audio cues in the game so much, including but not limited to the assassin cloak sound. I worry that I'll lose some of my awareness with music on

But now I think about how I often listened to music playing Action Quake, where it was hugely important to listen for the direction of footsteps
  5. iammclovin117

iammclovin117 Active Member

6. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Listen ton a lot of Protest the Hero and Obscura at the moment so that.

Though I only do that when playing against bad players.
  7. OD78891

OD78891 New Member

I hardly listen to music while playing (Mostly because I like to hear every single Assassin on the field.) when I do though, I like to use fitting music for the occasion.

However, this song always plays in my mind when I think of MNC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PndOruTV95s
  8. Shurryy

Shurryy New Member

I listen to a hell a lot of original game soundtracks from various games. "Thinker" from Armored Core 4 for instance.
    As for the worry about assassins, I've been relying on visual cues more and more lately not relying on the sound... However my deaths have been stacking rapidly since I started. :mrgreen:
  9. duckling

duckling New Member

I listen to music unless I'm not playing assassin or there is another good assassin on the opposing team.
  10. Ferocity

Ferocity New Member

I normaly loop the PC Trailer in the background while playing.
    And a little Dead Kennedys from time to time.
  11. Mail

Mail New Member

I always listen to music while playing.

Trampled by Turtles, deadmau5, My Brightest Diamond, Renard in all his permutations, bag raiders, catch 22, arcade fire, beirut, parov stelar, jimi hendrix, pretty lights, feed me, nicolas jaar, 8 bit peoples, the kilamanjaro darkjazz ensemble, mojo nixon, the bad plus, the coma lilies, flux pavilion, and caravan palace is a shortlist of my folder right now. I've also got a large series of recorded drumstep mixes a friend sent me.

I never listen to more than one album at once. For some reason that doesn't suit me. You'll find this stuff is all over the place, which is probably why. I love all of it, but seldom change what album I'm listening to while playing until a couple days later. I will seldom revisit an album. I search for music to replace the current dwindling collection hungrily.

I got my original record of 829 rounds in sudden death to Trampled by Turtles' "Palomino". It's quite good, even if you're not into bluegrass.

Edit: it goes without saying that I have no trouble hearing assassins.
  12. Snug

Snug New Member

Nothing like "we we we so excited....we so excited" on in the background as I play MNC.

I'm not even kidding.
  13. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

I get a lot more deaths while I listen to music. silly sins sneak up from out of nowhere!
  14. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

I play with Astro x40's cant hear any music.
  15. Llamatron

Llamatron New Member

16. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

While I dont play music to MNC as I fear assassins this song feels just right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NuISynXwCo

From one Blood Sport to another this song is perfect. In fact the entire soudtrack is. If only you could play mic but hear all the in game sound effects like S4 League.
  17. iammclovin117

iammclovin117 Active Member

You are now my hero.
  18. nocturne_saint

nocturne_saint Member

back in my quake days, i used to allways rock to something while fragging. even though you needed to hear footsteps.

my source of music? if you like metal try http://www.chronixradio.com/