The Number of Assaults with No Deaths is Going Up

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by quidmonkey, February 16, 2011.

1. quidmonkey

quidmonkey New Member

Just wanted to say that when I've played pubbies recently, the number of Assaults I've seen with no deaths has gone up. It's gotten a little ridiculous lately. It's been something like every 3 or 4 matches I see an Assault with no deaths.
  2. MootPinks

MootPinks New Member

Kill them!

Or leave rude comments on Xenonox's YouTube channel. I'm sure he's to blame ;)
  3. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

Assault is the easiest class, what do you expect?
  4. F5in

F5in New Member

This. Any retard can play Assault, and it doesn't take too much skill to be a really good Assault.
  5. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

once you see 2+ assaults on the other team just change to assault
  6. destructamental

destructamental New Member

Gold Armor
    Silver RoF
    Bronze Accuracy

You're set up to love what things do.
  7. F5in

F5in New Member

I've been maining Sniper recently (been thinking about finally picking a "main". the sniper) and the number of Assaults is infuriating. I'm glad I can play every class. :D
  8. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Am I the only one that finds that overhealed pros, as well as firebases and shotguns around corners, kill assaults really well? That and crit gunners, especially deployed overhealed gunners with cover over their head.
  9. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

If you're talking about bad Assaults, no, you're not the only one. However, even decent Assaults are smart enough not to stay within range of a Support's shotgun or fire base.

If an Assault doesn't want to die, all he needs to do is 180 and press the B button. I know it's not that simple but my point is his odds of surviving a losing battle are much greater than any other class.
  10. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

I love playing support against assaults. I have noticed that the number of assaults using armor has decreased, so all it takes is two or three hits from a rocket and they are dead in seconds. Gunners can fair decently against assaults, but it takes practice.
  11. FoxGuy3001

FoxGuy3001 New Member

So....been having problems with assaults lately? I wonder which class "retards" aren't able to play.

I would say you see more deathless assaults because people still view this as team death match and play accordingly. Instead of focusing on objectives like bots, turrets, or the moneyball they just fly in and fly out terrified they might take a hit. I played the other night against an assault who consistently went 30-40/0 but his team always lost. When people care about k/d its easy to corral them where you want and just destroy their bots/defenses.
  12. OfficerFuttBuck

Even if somebody does play like it's TDM it's not always their fault if they loose.

If they are playing the game like TDM effectively, the other team should be having a tough time getting map control, and a tougher time pushing bots. But if your team doesn't know what a bot lane is you can loose without it being your fault.
  13. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

I find Assaults die very easily with anti-pro Gunners, but RoF is really important if you want to be killing Snipers or Supported turrets.
  14. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

might i remind the guy with the duck avatar (sorry, already forgot your name) that there is a difference between playing tdm and playing objective gunner/assault.
  15. FoxGuy3001

FoxGuy3001 New Member

As the guy with the totally bitchin' Ludwig Von Drake avatar, let me respond to the guy with no avatar by saying I am aware of that. It is pretty easy to tell when someone is playing a gunner/assault to further team progress and when they are desperately trying to keep a perfect game or a high k/d ratio. Ideally both SHOULD go hand in hand, but that is rarely the case.

As for the other comment, I definitely understand (and sympathize) with a good player being on a crap team. It was obvious on this occasion though that his farming kills was a detriment to the team instead of clearing the way to victory.
  16. Ace Hardlight

Ace Hardlight New Member

And you think other classes are much more skillful?
  17. OfficerFuttBuck

Yes, thank you for asking.
  18. F5in

F5in New Member

What Futtbuck said.