How do you deal with a good assault?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Strategy and Tactics' started by Rera II, April 2, 2011.

1. Organous

Organous Member

This thread has gotten far too personal. That goes for Vlane as much as Gozuu, as well as anyone else contributing to the flames. Clearly you guys disagree. It is just as clear that there will not be any agreement until you meet in-game, and even that's iffy.

In my personal experience, the Assault has no hard counter, but an Assassin is one of the best for it. It just takes good skill beyond classic gameplay. Cloak is only productive in getting around him, not getting to him. Targeting an Assault generally requires good, old-fashioned sneakiness of the basic kind. Let him get focused on something, then approach from behind uncloaked. If you fail and get a front grapple, a Smoke Bomb jump will protect you from a retaliatory Charge.

It's not a simple thing. It genuinely requires you to be smart & sneaky. Of course, there's always the power of the juice queen. :evil:
  2. Mail

Mail New Member

EDIT: A sarcastic message to myself
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: April 6, 2011
  3. Organous

Organous Member

Mail, you are only making it worse by putting in a "last word." Giving further attention to trolls does not help.
  4. Mail

Mail New Member

Sorry, I take a while to post. Bad mornings mean less discretion, though. I should have thought that through. I will snip it.
  5. Organous

Organous Member

:lol: nice edit
  6. TNine

TNine New Member

Smoke bomb will not save you from a Level 3 Charge. You should jump, then smokebomb.
  7. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

I kill everything equally, there just happen to be more assassins, so my kills on them are a few hundred higher than the other classes. Assault is just really good at dealing with bad assassins, if you play a good one though, it is extremely hard to kill them, because lunge + smokebomb is nearly godmode, nobody can catch them, and the AR damage dropoff makes it virtually impossible to get a kill on them once they do, not to mention chasing them will get you killed because the charge cooldown is so long now.

I only generally get killed by assassins who (get lucky?) backstab me while I'm halfway up a jump. I blame either latency or netcode issues, but very rarely will an assassin actually kill me because I am on the ground, simply because I use my jump jets a lot, and charge/bomb both get them away very well.
  8. Fitzgerald

Fitzgerald New Member

Whats with that, ive still been seeing a decent bit of air grapples. That and jump charging only going half the distance...
  9. TheWilder

TheWilder New Member

2 truly skilled, teamplaying Snipers on Grenade III = Wilder were so f*cked.
  10. DehydratedWater

Trust me, it only takes 1 good sniper to win grenade iii. LOLOL WHOLE MAP LOCKDOWN FROM SPAWN
  11. killien

killien Active Member

Yea, Snipers on G3 have an advantage.
    Luckily I've only met maybe 3 players that could actually keep the map locked down. The rest were either getting bombarded by everyone or were too derp to realize they were getting shot until the 2nd grenade hit
  12. DehydratedWater

I know 5 who can, 3 of them are in my clan, of those, 2 don't play mnc much anymore, and the other 2 generally play with me on their team.
  13. killien

killien Active Member

Of the few good ones I've met, I rarely give them an easy target. I'll jump and wiggle around lobbing whatever I can at them all while trying to get closer
    What's really great is when they don't realize you got down to the Annihilator platform because if you run Assault, you can manage to lob a bomb up into their faces

I just wish the Tanks railgun didn't aim so screwy, I keep forgetting I have to put the xhair a bit to the right to make sure it hits properly
  14. TheWilder

TheWilder New Member

But not on 100%, since we always have sniper on out team who is able to counter him sometimes so they mostly also fight each other. (Im talking about out skillplay Saturndays not about pubs) But on pubs, yes 1 sniper can do it
  15. TNine

TNine New Member

Yeah the best counter for a sniper is another sniper. Not because snipers are super-amazing-uncounterable, but because the sniper is no longer safe to snipe at ease, and has to be much more mobile and vulnerable.
  16. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

When I play Assault (armorless) I find that my biggest annoyance/danger are Firebases. I get within 10 feet of one, and I am royally screwed.
  17. killien

killien Active Member

Yea, if you don't approach a Firebase just right, it will rip you up
  18. DehydratedWater

But if one is significantly better than the other, its pretty much game over.
  19. TheWilder

TheWilder New Member

Like I wouldn't just say that
  20. hotcakes

hotcakes New Member

Remember, Assault has overpowered mobility!@!!! That means he can easily escape danger with about 1/5th of his health.

Heck, I haven't even told you about how easily I get to the other base. Any Assault that has problems with any particular class isn't crafty enough.