MNC Fan Wallpapers

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat Art and Fiction' started by conjurous_rex, April 4, 2011.

1. conjurous_rex

conjurous_rex New Member

2. Coverop

Coverop New Member

How did you made them?
    Also could you make more for Assassin and few for Assault?
    Last edited: May 7, 2011
  3. conjurous_rex

conjurous_rex New Member

I extracted the models and textures from the game files with a program called Umodel. Which works for most Unreal Engine games. Then I imported them into a 3D program called Maya.

I'd like to make at least one for each class, so I've got Assault, Tank, Sniper and Support left to do :) .
  4. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Very nice job! Those quadruple miniguns would be fun! The reloading on the other hand... :D
  5. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Manly men with quad miniguns use one of those assassin women running around to reload their guns.
    They aren't good for anything else anyway.

Awesome stuff though I don't like the quotes.
  6. conjurous_rex

conjurous_rex New Member

This one goes out to the most infuriating Assault player to step into the arena, the one, the only...."You're a Wizard, Huey". He's always wrecking me :cry: I can never catch assaults, too wily. Anywho, he's supposed to be flying across the ground, but it kinda looks like he's falling over, which is FINE BY ME :twisted:

[​IMG]
    http://i.imgur.com/GzDqf.jpg 1280x720
    http://i.imgur.com/F37ux.jpg 1920x1080
    Last edited: April 6, 2011
  7. zenstar

zenstar New Member

Nice stuff. I particularly like the assassin: very moody :p
    Keep 'em coming pls.
  8. Chucklehead

Chucklehead New Member

That's some pretty sweet posing you have going for those character models, and the simplistic backgrounds are awesome as well.

And if you're taking requests, could I get a silhouetted version of the assault wallpaper minus the logo?
  9. conjurous_rex

conjurous_rex New Member

Just realized I had your name wrong :S . Was this what you were looking for? I actually like this one more than the original, good idea!

[​IMG]
  10. Chucklehead

Chucklehead New Member

Sweet, I loves me some minimalistic wallpapers.

It might just be me, but I just dislike wallpapers where too many things are going on at once.

Awesome job on the ones you've finished so far, can't wait to see what you produce for the sniper and support. :mrgreen:
    Last edited: April 6, 2011
  11. Mrsubguy

Mrsubguy New Member

Great job, Can't wait to get more
  12. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

Fantastic stuff! Though I've always seen Assault as a googly eyed maniac whenever he's shooting that rifle of his. :lol:
  13. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

Things like this make me wish i bought the PC version....maybe sometime soon i will lol.

Great work
  14. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Amazingly awesome work! I am eagerly awaiting your Tank wallpapers. :D ;)
  15. conjurous_rex

conjurous_rex New Member

Support!

[​IMG]

Click the picture for the full-size version!

I had a hard time thinking of something for the support. If anyone has some suggestions/requests I'd love to hear them. Next up....Tank! I also have a good idea for a Bullseye one as well. :D
  16. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

nice job on these, i'm liking them so far

you might want to put a little more work on the lightings though since the riggings shouldn't be too much hassle
  17. conjurous_rex

conjurous_rex New Member

Yeah the art of rendering has never been my strong point as far as CG effects go. :oops: I've always been more of a modeler/texture guy, with a bit of animating as well. 'Tis part of the reason I've been doing these, to get some practice.

As for the rigs, well there are no rigs, at least...there's no controls, which don't get saved to the actual in game model. And I can't get IK controls to work on the current skeletons because of the way they were extracted (I think). Which is unfortunate because I wanted to possibly try and do some machinima. But I might try and rig a couple of the models, so we'll see :?.
  18. conjurous_rex

conjurous_rex New Member

Tank! SHOOM!

[​IMG]
    Click for Full Size

<3 Tank so much! Fun model to play with too. Uber did such an amazing job with these characters, it's great to be able to look at them in their basic forms, without textures or normal maps. Very insightful.

Sniper's next! Any suggestions/requests would be great because I've had a hard time thinking up something for him. At least, something that you can't already see him do in game.
  19. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Yes! Awesome Tank Wallpaper!

As for the Sniper as long he has an arrogant pose it'll be great. :D
  20. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest

Can you make one with the Assasin in 2048 x 1152 please? :D