Love or Hate situation

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by XENONOX, April 5, 2011.

1. SteelGoose

SteelGoose New Member

I have to say, being friends with TOM and all, that whenever I get into games with people he knows, I just try to stay in my comfort zone. I have to admit, I might consider myself lucky that I was brought into this game by one of these people. Thank you guys for a great experience so far.
  2. Edward Coug

Edward Coug New Member

Xeno, stop playing as Try Hard Tank!
  3. XENONOX

XENONOX New Member

If I was Try Hard Tank, I would had 0 deaths instead.

Amen.
  4. x Zatchmo

x Zatchmo New Member

You guys know MLG is Try Hard Tank right? Okay you probably do, so how do I go about making one of the free month accounts of XBL? I bet that would be fun. And I have noticed that you and Jraw have drawn similar attention regarding your play styles and that baffles me because, people are going to play how they want to, you can't stop the fire... Sorry for the scatterbrained typing.
  5. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

I have no clue what your talking about i would not wont to be that randy try hard.
    Also xeno i also get people who chase me so hard just to kill me 99.9% of the time they fail. Or i get mad hate mail from people like "go back to cod".
    Zatchmo i don't know if they give free months out i just have months that i won from MW2.

Edit: Just because i have months doesn't mean i would make an account called try hard tank.
  6. teapot

teapot Post Master General

When I first bought the game and started to run into the same faces over and over, you were the second person who stood out to me as a force to be reckoned with. Unfortunately at these times you played with the same people on your team constantly and it left a bad taste in my mouth. It was going on for months that whenever I would play you there was at least one other person on your team who was good too. Mostly, it was a support who would have you overhealed as much as possible. It's extremely annoying having to deal with an over healed assault. There's no chance to catch you off gaurd when you have a good support. I've had you at no health and you were able to run and survive more so than most of the players on this board combined.

That being said, at the time I felt you were the most annoying player in the game. You're like a cockroach. You run around harassing he hell out of me and just when I think you're going to die, you scurry the hell out of there and survive. Once I learned the ins and outs of this game, I couldn't help but try to finish my kills on you. I would never single you out but if you would try to charge and jet pack to safety, then **** it I would charge and jet pack after you. After all, thats what gold armor is for :p

Times change and I notice that lately when I play you, it's not with a team. Mostly just one other person or by yourself.

When I first started to play the game I thought you were a pubstomper, but it wasn't long until I saw what actual pubstomping is. Don't get me wrong, I am not someone who hates you, or will go out of my way trying to make you do bad. I will however chase you every time I feel that I can get the kill. You always have high kill streaks and lots of money to fall back on. I've played against you in games where I had to face the juice many times. If I don't end your streak now, you could potentially have and extra $500 in a matter of minutes.

When you have an annoying playstyle, people are more likely to get mad.
  7. XENONOX

XENONOX New Member

The skirmishes the forum players will have between other forum players here are all fine and dandy really. Ending killstreaks with a juice sometimes may be annoying, but necessary tactics to keep the players in check.

///off-topic

I've always party up with K Rool and there always been fanboys, but it seems like those days are over so I run solo.

///

Unfortunately it is embarassing and shameful when a player runs straight towards the juice machine, buy a juice, juice, and run through 2 firebases and the rest of my teammates, and go straight after me.

Whether or not they succeed is a different story, but games certainly can go from a "let's have fun," to a personal game where "I WILL KILL YOU IN THE NAME OF GOD."

It's the random players that most of us encounter in-game and do whatever it takes to kill you, not because it will help them win the game, but because they're mad at you, that frustrates me.

Either that or they stay in spawn if they're place in the opposite team, as they await for the chance to be with you, similiar to God and the Jews.

I can see MLGIntervention also experience this. There's no doubt GP or Destiny also experience this as well, along with the rest of the forum people.

Amen.
  8. MLGIntervention

Kids don't even try to hide it you know if they wont you dead. Destiny and GP play with each other all the time we try to have fun but it gets ruined by some kids trying to impress us or go on the forums and say "I killed (insert name here)". We just wont to have some fun without people taking it so seriously just because you see us doesn't mean you need to take it to the next level. I know this always happens to you xeno because of your youtube and trying to help newer players they think "I'm going to outplay this guy to show everyone how good i am beating xeno :evil: ".
  9. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I played a match the other day were three Assaults chased me where ever I went even if it was to my base behind some Rock-it turrets. So I just started messing around trying to get them to follow me to the most out of the way places. They still chased and the whole time I just made sure bots didn't overwhelm my base.

Needless to say Overtime hit and I juiced on their MB and won the game.
  10. KemicalEnigma

KemicalEnigma New Member

I've never really experienced stuff like that firsthand, but I have heard quite a bit of it in Game Chat when I'm in a game with you on the enemy team... :roll:

Usually when I see a really good random (or just someone I don't know, but they're a really good player), I send them a message just saying "Good game." when the lobby closes, or when one of us leaves. When I see you in a match I'll just be like "Oh, hey, XENO. Time to get raepd. Maybe I'll be on one of his strategies. :lol: "

XENOKIDDO isn't really as obsessed with XENO as much as his gamertag shows. I've been in a few parties with him and played a couple games with him, and I don't think I've heard a single "XENONOX" mentioned over the 2 hours (or so) total that I've partied up with him. He's actually kind of a cool kid.

...Just beware of his friends.
  11. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

OMG I GOT MENTIONED BY XENO MY LIFE IS COMPLETE.
  12. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

Didn't he mention you in the compliment thread a while back? That stuck with me.
  13. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

WELL GOOD POINT MY LIFE IS COMPLETER
  14. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

I'm a forum people, but no one cares about me because i'm average at best.

I've only gotten one piece of hate mail and that was when this team of 5 kicked the everloving crap out of my cousin when he was playing my xbawks. I played the next game and held off their entire team with mortars while another teammate pushed bots into their base and won. They called me a cheater. It was fantastic.

Also, Xeno. If I ever see you on the other team, I usually spend a lot of the game trying to keep you away from my team's bot pushers. Don't think i've ever outright killed you, but I know i've made you run a few times.

That or I try to melee the crap out of you. That's never happened, either.
    Last edited: April 7, 2011
  15. MLGIntervention

^ I don't think i have ever played you before? If i have i don't remember and i might be wrong.
    Just a random statement.
  16. F5in

F5in New Member

OMG ITS XENONOX I HAVE TO HIDE IN MY SPAWN AND THROW BOMBS/ICE TRAPS OUT AAAAAAAIIIIIIIYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
  17. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

I joined one of your parties back a while ago when McLovin invited me and was about to play with you guys. But between Mclovin, you, Feedle, and the other guys in there I couldn't take it so I had to leave. =P
  18. MLGIntervention

That must have been long ago.
  19. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

I think it was around the first Fragged Nation tourney.
  20. MLGIntervention

I would like to point this out once more me and miracle are trying to have a fun time messing around yesterday we would appreciate it if you did not go assassin or assault trying your heart out. We understand you wont to impress us thanks farm animals.