How do you deal with a good assault?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Strategy and Tactics' started by Rera II, April 2, 2011.

1. Gozuu

Gozuu New Member

I have fun versus bad Assassins, no doubt. You can easily here them and if they frontstab you it's game over for them. The few incredible Assassins i've met has no trouble constantly backstabbing before you are able to hear them. Guess I should get a "clan-match" versus some to see if you are right..
  2. Vlane

Vlane New Member

No comp. match is needed. Play against a good assault and see what you get.

Backgrapples are not hard to get due to lunge. Ain't a whole lot of skill involved in pushing a button and doing a right click.
  3. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

I'm pretty sure you won't be able to deal with an Assault by ignoring him. He will be up in yo gr1llz.
  4. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

LOL good joke. Killing assassin lesbo orgies is so easy.

Also, multiple tanks is usually pretty easy, as are just groups of bads.
    Depends on the turret. Anything shy of rockit 2.2 or a firebase 2.2 isn't much of a problem.
    A good assault wouldn't let a tank charge them. But if you do manage to charge a good assault, burn them while they are knocked down.
    LOL silly, assault is a good counter because he has a nice high jump and a jetpack which keeps him in air (IE out of grapple range) for an extended period of time.
  5. Gozuu

Gozuu New Member

Good Assassins won't be heard untill they actually do stab you, I constantly jump+jetpak to avoid getting caugth, but if you one time stand ground to kill someone the good Assassins will definately get you.

It totally depends on the situation and If I could find a stats tracker, I'd bet you Assassins are the nemesis of Assaults.
  6. Vlane

Vlane New Member

It's funny that you are the only person who believes that while DehydratedWater (who is a good assault) and I (who is a good assassin) tell you otherwise.
  7. zenstar

zenstar New Member

Got to agree. When I was playing assault my assassin kills were double any other kill.

Sure, they occasionally killed me but for every time they got me I got them twice, and while they're chasing after my jumpjets they aren't killing bots (which suits me fine).
  8. Gozuu

Gozuu New Member

It's funny that you claim that you yourself are a good Assassin, what makes you think so? I couldn't care less what DrhydratedWater and you think, to me you are just another couple of pubbies who claim something different than I do.

I agree that in public play, most Assassins aren't feared because they don't play very well. Most Assassins run towards you, go stealth which allows you to reveal them by spraying a few bullets towards them, but when you meet a damn good Assassin with 5+ stars, you don't see and you don't hear them coming, all of a sudden you got a knife in your back and your instantly killed.

If you are EU, let's take it to the game instead?
  9. Vlane

Vlane New Member

People telling me that. People whose opinion I somewhat value.
    And if you are one of those people: Leaderboards.

And I could not care less about going out of my way and playing against you. If I come across you, sure, but I'm not going to look for you.
  10. Gozuu

Gozuu New Member

I'm pretty sure you can rock leaderboards by just playing alot? If you have some claim to back up that you are a good assassin, which I won't judge without seeing you in play, you might want to try and prove your facts, as any hillbilly can come and say he's a good Assassin?

Why so arrogant, you mad about something?
  11. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Like I said, if you care about Leaderboards that's something. I personally don't, so there.

And again: I couldn't not care less about playing with you. I like to play against people I know are good, because it's boring otherwise. I'm not gonna go out of my way to look for you.

Might as well be arrogant seeing as how I love to do so. Herp a derp.
  12. Mail

Mail New Member

Vlane is quite good at assassin. One of the best I've played with, though I wouldn't say definitively the best. You are a douchebag who is less than polite in all his posts in the sections I frequent. Rather than constantly trying to pick fights, how about you support your points a little more logically. Nobody is going to listen to you if you constantly act like everything you say is ineffable truth. People who act like their opinion couldn't possibly be wrong piss me off in a way few things do.
  13. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Beat me to it. I haven't played with Vlane myself, but he knows what he's talking about.
  14. Revolution_Jones

Revolution_Jones New Member

Great, now I'm convinced I'm lagging.

Doesn't matter if I start the charge before the lunge, if I respond to the lunge with an instant charge, or if I charge after the lunge starts, I'm eating a grapple.

And The Bunny Hop thing seems to not matter in midair to me. Still getting grappled.

My ping is always at green. Maybe it's not reading right?
  15. arseface

arseface Post Master General

The only red pings I've ever seen were over 200. If your ping is like that then you should go assassin/assault and spam projectiles. Projectiles do wonderful things under the influence of lag.

Reminiscence of my laggy past aside. Good assassins(or anyone else really) can grapple you out of a charge before taking damage consistently. You need lightning reflexes(and a great framerate) to pull it off though.
  16. Gozuu

Gozuu New Member

Another no name which has no acknowledgement of any sort. Really, just give up. You might not agree, doesn't mean I am not correct. If you could show me that I am not correct, then i'll accept that I was wrong.

You provide no proof of Vlane being good neither any proof to join in on the topic. Useless american is useless.
  17. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Yeah, insulting an entire population really helps a lot. Only further proves that you are a douchebag.

I haven't seen you provide any reason to believe you. No names of assaults you played against who are acknowledged as good, no video, nobody agreeing with you, nothing. I on the other hand have experience with good assaults and know my stuff.

Today I'm probably going to play a few games with OD again. This time I'll fraps them and show you how great of a counter an assassin is and how offensive you can play with one like him on the field.
  18. Gozuu

Gozuu New Member

"Insulting an entire population" - useless American is useless, since when is that insulting an entire nation? I simply stated my opinion on the specific individual which can in no way be taken as an insult nor an insult to an entire nation.

Why should I provide any reason for you to believe me? I am not disagreeing with you, you on the other hand are disagreeing with me, if anyone should post reasons it should be you, not me.

Now, go get some Ben & Jerry's and stop being mad?
  19. zenstar

zenstar New Member

Gozuu, please calm down. Your remarks are fairly insulting even if you don't intend to be. It looks like you're trolling especially when using comments like "stop being mad"

I think this thread has burned out into name calling and arguments. Everyone just walk away before doing something stupid.
  20. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Of course he's trolling, duh. Not hard to notice. You have to try to come up with that stuff.
    I'm just having fun here.