Incentives for ranking?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Jason Miles, August 15, 2010.

1. Jason Miles

Jason Miles New Member

i know there custom classes. but thats incentives for earning and spendin your moneys. i want something more than protags and classes to make me different from other players. honestly, its boring grinding out hours just for classes? when all u really need is two, maybe three?. jsut me complaining.
  2. Flamesaw

Flamesaw New Member

I remember when I started playing games like Unreal and CS, where there was no stat tracking levels, or character customization...

Kids are spoiled nowadays

You know what makes you different from other players, Skill. People notice Skill before any bells and whistles
  3. tyler251

tyler251 New Member

Its just a number nothing more but some people judge their team by just that number alone which is pretty ignorant of them.
  4. Gibbs

Gibbs New Member

Usually the people that judge based on the number really aren't that great themselves.

the only thing I hate though is it seems in this game it puts all the high levels on one team and all the lows on the other. You can have a good game once in a while this way but usually its not the case.
  5. tyler251

tyler251 New Member

When I first started this happened a ton now games seem to be pretty balanced now that I'm of higher rank which is weird.
  6. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

Ranking as of now is just used to show off your lifetime earnings. So until level 99, you have an accurate comparison between your lifetime earnings and another players. Things could always be added later.
  7. ICryCauseImEmo

ICryCauseImEmo New Member

We all have been down that road, I remember CS, DoD etc at zero stat tracking. But with next gen games etc people expect more of a customization. I'm not saying this game does it badly, Im just saying that there is sooo much more room for addition to this game. Its a fantastic game and adding more would just add to that already feeling of uberness.
  8. Jason Miles

Jason Miles New Member

i figured i was gonna get one of the dicks to say that. i was thinkin the same thing while i was posting it. but my generation needs something else to keep their attention.
  9. Patch

Patch New Member

Hopefully Uber will KISS. Valve ruined TF2 by turning it into a hat simulator.
  10. Arcell

Arcell New Member

While Rank =/= Skill, it is a fairly decent indicator of how long someone has spent with the game. Generally speaking someone Rank 20+ will be better than a Rank 0, but not always.

I would like some kind of cosmetic options for characters but I won't cry over it if they don't put anything in. As long as it's not hats -_-
  11. ThaMonopolyGuy

ThaMonopolyGuy New Member

What hats? I haven't played this TF2 before =/
  12. Patch

Patch New Member

13. ICryCauseImEmo

ICryCauseImEmo New Member

Haha I agree to that, although I would take hats over nothing. I honestly don't think they would make that kind of mistaking in making it hats. I'll give them time its a great fun standalone but as I have mentioned before has so much potential.
  14. Terminal Happiness

Terminal Happiness New Member

Um... I play the game because it's fun, not for any incentives or anything. I guess I'm just weird like that :/
  15. Surberus

Surberus New Member

I thoroughly enjoy the game, but I would also approve of the ability to select different garments for my character. As an Assassin, I would love to have a trench coat or something.

Part of me would also be for being able to buy passive boosts, but then the people that just sit and play for hours would rack up huge skill boosts while those of who can only play occasionally would get crushed, skill or no.