Any way to avoid pub stomping teams while host

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Undertaker4uplr, April 3, 2011.

1. Undertaker4uplr

Undertaker4uplr New Member

I've been hosting some matches trying to provide new players a lag free experience since my connection is pretty fast, and I don't quit often. Problem is that I frequently get stuck against a team of pub stomping jerks. Is there any way to kick them out after a match while acting as host so their spots can be filled by individual players instead? All I want is a match of 12 individuals. No teams full of all star pub stompers. New players aren't going to gain anything from that except for maybe a few teams who actually care about growing the community and game. They are in the minority for certain based on the teams Im seeing.
  2. buffacumber

buffacumber Member

Nope no way to do that. Don't expect it anytime soon either...as the developers have more important things to fix

Private matches, lag, assassins in general...
  3. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Pubstompers will always find a way to do it. There will always be ways.

If they didn't want to, they would just play privates instead.
  4. hawkshade

hawkshade New Member

There is no way. Even if you get your friends in the game to beat the crap out of them they're just gonna join another game and pub stomp there.
  5. AmazeTheory

AmazeTheory New Member

Basically you have no friends, enjoy hosting because you get to stomp new players and don't like it when the tables are turned. Nice..
    These "jerks" are the majority of people who play 360 MNC. Most people from the forums will run in parties of 3+. If you really want to help new players (lol) then add them and host privates. You still get actual wins, earnings and kills that all count.
  6. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

In all honesty, there is no balancing the teams right now. He is right, pub stompers come in, stacked against a team of divided randies, and stomp of course.

If the game simply got a team balance feature like the PC has (you get to choose your team in the lobby, so if 8 people go hotshots, it still divides it), the at least pubstompers would have to rejoin different games to do what they do without being divided up fairly after 1 game.

I join games of randies and sumo right now. That is the only way to be fair, is to handicap myself. The game should at least attempt to put the same amount of skill on each team, so the match is actually competitive.
  7. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Know what I think? If the 360 version of MNC isn't going to get dedicated serves I at least think players should be able to host "custom matches." With that you can host a room and players can search for it. Quick match will work the same way only difference now is I can look for rooms instead and see who the host is and all of that. This would have to come with the ability for players to switch teams and allow the host to lock teams.

Very similar to the matchmaking is Gears or War (1).
  8. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

Play assassin, go negative, win the game. Repeat, and then send then a LOL message when they quit.
  9. ExT Insanity

ExT Insanity New Member

A bit off-topic but how the hell do you host? I've tried the "A" to start to the game in the lobby and then press "B" repeatedly to try to get the "Connecting" thing to pop up but I just can't seem to get a hosted lobby (unless the host leaves and I get the host after him). I've tried the button tactic for a good 10 min last night and I never got a "Connecting". Is it my connection? If it helps at all, my NAT type was Moderate but I wouldn't thing that would matter in this situation.
  10. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Try backing out to the main menu and starting over. That worked for me in the past. I can't say much for the NAT type though, mine is open.
  11. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

If have to have an Open NAT to pull host.
  12. ExT Insanity

ExT Insanity New Member

Ah, ok. Thanks to both of you. :)
  13. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

14. Undertaker4uplr

Undertaker4uplr New Member

:roll: I just starting trying host because I got so sick of host migration from host leaving. Heaven forbid if you aren't allowed to go 50-0 without quiting. I feel 6 randoms who come together and actually win, not knowing eachother at all, is a great accomplishment. There's no challenge when I've paired with 5 other all stars where we actually stick together for several matches. Its crush and repeat whether you aim to or not. Pubs actually provide a degree of handicap to team play in my view. Thats the only way its fun for me.

Looks like we have a winner.........you keep on stomping then....... :roll: Such an asset to the community :roll:
  15. That Dutch Guy

Did he say he was with 5 other all stars?

No.
    I usually play with Amaze because he's my homo boyfriend, and it's usually us and one other person. We don't go higher than party of 4 because it's lame.

Know your facts before throwing your nerdrage out here.
  16. AmazeTheory

AmazeTheory New Member

Wrong. You started hosting because you realized how big of a difference it makes and how much more the game is enjoyable just like anyone. No one honestly pulls host because they have a good connection, you pull host to benefit yourself. I'm speaking from experience too as I enjoy host as well. My connection is majorgarbage so I don't do it anymore. I put "jerks" are the majority, not because they are jerks but its your words. But it's true. Most of these people aren't jerks they just play in groups which makes you think they are ruining the community when they aren't. They are the community. Look at the top 50 for weekly every week and you'll see the same faces. If 100-200 or the weekly, consistent players in this game stopped there wouldn't be a game. So suck it up and wait for better matchmaking.
  17. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

Your cynicism is so refreshing. I would never pull host on account of my legendarily bad Internet connection. And it's not your place to determine someone else's motivation.
  18. AmazeTheory

AmazeTheory New Member

Hahahah ohh pleaaaaaase.
    "Look at me, I have a HALO on my head! I host for NEW PLAYERS! I'm JESUS reincarnated!"
    If he had his own group of friends he would be doing the same thing, but I guess he doesn't.
  19. XENONOX

XENONOX New Member

My question is: are you trying to prey upon the weak?

Amen.
  20. That Dutch Guy

lrn2internets

But really, this thread is stupid. If you're tired of getting stomped, A) get better or B) get friends. Or C) leave. Or D) *post*