Any option to use gamepads?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by RaTcHeT302, April 3, 2011.

1. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest

2. Runie

Runie New Member

3. Skull Man

Skull Man New Member

I wouldn't recommend it. It has been more or less empirically shown that using a mouse allows for significantly more precision/speed than a joystick. You'd be playing with a large handicap.
  4. Runie

Runie New Member

Eh, He'll learn eventually not to bother.
  5. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Yet us 360 buffs still beat you using them. Either proving:

1) Large handicap is really a large exxageration, it is a mild handicap at best.
    2) XBox360 players are so good, they can beat you with "Large Handicaps".

Either way, I am praised in at least one area: Controls or Skill.
  6. Runie

Runie New Member

You haven't beat me.
  7. Skull Man

Skull Man New Member

http://kotaku.com/#!5593259/rumor-micro ... nline-play

I'll admit that many classes in this game don't require absolute precision (compared to a game like Call of Duty), but using a mouse enables you to physically aim and spin around faster than a physical controller allows.
  8. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

best way to find out: mouse sniper and controller sniper 1v1
  9. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Get sigmar a copy of this game. He will be as good as grimbar with a controller.

Plenty of quickscope practicers on xbox can near-instant quickscope headshop consistently.

Just because it is EASIER with a mouse, because the movements are more ratio, doesn't mean that someone can't be better with a controller. Because, no matter how many scientific findings you post, I can scientifically find my foot in your *** in-game using my type-s controller.
  10. Espiodude2

Espiodude2 New Member

[​IMG]
  11. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest

How? I founded no option to change that. I wanted to use my PS3 controller trough an emulator but the only game where it doesn't work is MNC.
  12. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Oh, a ps3 controller...

If you have a wired one, you can use it, but it isn't in the options menu. You should be able to set it up like the controls on it are the keyboard (go to keyboard controls, highlight "walk forward", press up on joystick)

Otherwise, you will have to somehow set it up manually through the .ini file for controls.
  13. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest

I tried that already. I will it try to configure it in the .ini.
  14. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest

I tried to mess up with inis but I have no idea what should I type or where. :|
  15. Runie

Runie New Member

You'll need to know what the corresponding commands are to the actions on your controller.
  16. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest

In the end I got it to work. It's really fun to play with a controller. I played as a Tank and pretty much everything was totaly different. Buttons are a bit confusing tough :lol:
  17. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

I'd like to know how you did it as I would like to make use of my PS3 Controllers to see how it is.
  18. Diable

Diable New Member

IMO, I believe some classes feel better with the gamepad. The way I like to play, support is easier on the gamepad and so is assassin.
  19. pandapaw

pandapaw New Member

Yea, screw all that scientific evidence that helps support your claim! My limited anecdotal evidence is better. *Fingers in ears* LALALALAL /sarcasm

I'd love to a chance to play against you just to see how much better you are than me. I'm average at best compared to the regulars I play with so it should be cakewalk for you. If not, I'd love some of the names of these "360 buffs" you claim that always beat "us".

Honestly though, I don't know why it matters who's more superior than the other - but somehow you always boast this "fact".
  20. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest

I will it make a better tutorial when I have time (with photos and everything), this is something fast.

Mainly I used MotioninJoy, (instructions are on the site on how to download and install), after I installed I created a custom profile http://img683.imageshack.us/i/customh.png/

You will it have to bind the PC controlls to your controller.

Ex : If juice is Left Control when you are setting your controls you have to set (you can use any button you want) let's say L3 or Triangle. From the dropdown menu near the control's icon choose "Keystrokes" and at the right the "Left Ctrl"

http://img20.imageshack.us/i/examplec.png/

Sometimes you will it have to change MNC binds so that you can match them with your PS3 ones. I will it post my config for use and MNC binds.

After all of this push the "Enable" and you are done. You can even use it on your desktop!

It's kinda confusing but I hope you can understand a bit. :mrgreen:

EDIT : MNC MotioninJoy profile http://www.mediafire.com/?bh2th4bxr8cq4vv

MNC binds on PC http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/54063 ... 1CB9DA80A/

Nothing really changed tough, only the change weapons thingy.