Update 1/4/2011 - TANK NERFS, SNIPER BUFFS, NEW ARENA!!!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by azure, April 1, 2011.

1. azure

azure Member

Monday Night Combat Updates
    PC Product Update 7 -1/4/11

Summary
    The main focus of today's update was listening to community feedback. Having perused the MNC forums, both Steam and our own, we have come to the conclusion that many players felt that Sniper was too weak compared to the other classes, and that Tank's all-around abilities to kill pros, turrets, and bots was too overwhelming. With that in mind, we've released this update in hopes of pleasing fans who looking for deeper balance. Also in this patch, Uncle Tully's Funhouse, a new map. Keep an eye out for our new character, the Uncle Tully's clown, while you fight in this fun new arena!

Fixes
    Fixed Assault's bomb rarely becoming stuck to another player and becoming impossible to detonate
    Fixed Assassin's shuriken launcher occasionally doubling in fire rate in high-latency situations
    Fixed Juice endorsements to have their intended effect - Gold now provides 3/4 bar when a player spawns, Silver 2/3, and Bronze 1/2.
    Fixed a glitch by which players would become non-solid and fall through the map repeatedly
    Fixed a broken turret nub on Steel Peel

Balance and Adjustments
    Reduced the recovery speed of the Tanks Charge Skill.
    Reduced the number of additional grenades created by Tank's level 3 Product Grenade skill to 3
    Significantly reduced the amount of ads shown on a player's screen
    Players are now awarded less money while juiced when hit by the grenade
    Added a cooldown timer on the Tank's alternate-fire Jet Gun skill
    Reduced the health gain earned with Tank passive skills and prevented them from refilling a player's health
    Increased the clip size on the sniper rifle by 50%
    Reduced the intensity of the scope to allow players a better view
    Increased radius of ice traps by 75%; they now give a Shaveice Turret-like effect to all players in range when undetonated
    Undo minor change from previous patch causing headshots to feel ineffective in high latency situations
    Removed cover from Grenade III and AmmoMule arenas to provide further balance for Sniper
    Assassin's cloak modified to be partially visible at all ranges
    Added high walls to the bases on LazerRazor arena to balance LongShot turrets

New Features
    New map, Uncle Tully's Funhouse! Deal death for fun and prizes in this new arena, designed as a view into the past of Monday Night Combat
    New character, Uncle Tully's Clown! Feel free to shoot him for money, but watch out! This little trickster will also toss out undetonated bombs and airstrikes, so be careful!

Other Notes
    Our new content delivery system is still a work in progress, so while it is being refined, please be patient with this and future updates. We hope to have this update available to players in all regions by 6pm Pst.
    Last edited: April 1, 2011
  2. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
  3. Vlane

Vlane New Member

And here I thought I could make it through this day without someone making an April Fool's joke. **** this day.
  4. d-roy

d-roy Active Member

I wish these were true.
  5. Lipucd

Lipucd New Member

Assassin's cloak modified to be partially visible at all ranges

...But...But it already IS! A-Am I the only one who can see the large smear that blur effect does?

Increased radius of ice traps by 75%; they now give a Shaveice Turret-like effect to all players in range when undetonated

ALL. OF. MY. HATE.

Fixed Juice endorsements to have their intended effect - Gold now provides 3/4 bar when a player spawns, Silver 2/3, and Bronze 1/2.

All of a sudden juice skill is the best skill ever...

This is awesome April first update thought.
  6. Drex

Drex New Member

I...but...this...today...

I think my brain just kinda died a bit...

not in the bad way mind you, just wow...
  7. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

And here is the real April Fools joke! HA HA!
  8. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

all these April fools are happening now when its the 2nd for me....god damn you people in the past making me suffer 2 days of this!!!!!