Turret has no N in it.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Ladnil, August 16, 2010.

1. Ladnil

Ladnil New Member

The word "turret" does not have an "n" in it. It has never had an "n" in it. There isn't even a silent "n" or a weird pronunciation that might indicate it has an "n" in it. Stop putting "n" in the word "turret."
  2. The_Jx4

The_Jx4 New Member

*Clicks search, types in turrent.*

LMAO.
  3. Arcell

Arcell New Member

4. Reizarvg

Reizarvg New Member

Thank god there's someone else annoyed by this. I die a little inside everytime someone does it. N isn't near any of the keys for the word turret, so it can't be an accident. There are people who genuinely think that 'turrent' is a word/.
  5. ZeroHourHero

ZeroHourHero New Member

Turrent isn't a word?

Shut

Down

EVERYTHING.
  6. The_Jx4

The_Jx4 New Member

Now that I think about it, this topic has come up on about 3 other forums I've been on...lol
  7. Chompzilla

Chompzilla New Member

Urban Dictionary isn't a real dictionary. Just because a large group of morons misspell something, doesn't suddenly make that the correct spelling.
  8. Arcell

Arcell New Member

I'm completely aware of that, now follow me here. It was a....joke!
  9. Chompzilla

Chompzilla New Member

Sarcasm on internet forums is like a level three cloaked assassin. hard to detect.
  10. LunarKnightmare

LunarKnightmare New Member

Whats wrong with saying turrent? I overheal my turrents all the time.

I like to sit around and upgrade turrents, keep all the turrents hacked, and even deploy my firebase. It's like a mini turrent.
  11. Reizarvg

Reizarvg New Member

It's like I'm being repeatedly stabbed. Seriously.
  12. ZeroHourHero

ZeroHourHero New Member

You just have Turrent Envy.
  13. Necroscourge

Necroscourge New Member

We may as well call them Hitlers now.

That Supports Hitler is kinda powerful...
  14. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

I assume a turrent is like a cross between a torrent and a turret? So, you pirate your turrents and while its downloading it lags the rest of the MNC players. Is that about right?
  15. Wutang85

Wutang85 New Member

Even Urban Dictionary rips on those who can't spell or are stupid.....

"1. turrent

A common misspelling of the word "turret," usually made by people with a fourth-grade education.
    Turrents r kOOL!!!!!!!!!!!! "

So even the dumb people who can't spell Dictionary realizes that people who say turrent are just not very bright.

I've ALWAYS said turret ......I'm 25 now.....even when I was like 7-8 I knew it was called a turret.....
  16. RACIN N420N

RACIN N420N New Member

This thread is so full of win! :lol:
  17. savvon

savvon Member

With all the low class people in game and on the forums being rude, calling each other every name in the book and being a tad more intelligent than a slug...

THIS is what bugs you?

:?
  18. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

gotta start somewhere
  19. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

Okay, we gonna hack into de turrent now!
  20. Hiero Glyph

Hiero Glyph New Member

The irony is that misspelling turret as 'turrent' is hardly as bad as writing 'alot' instead of a lot or 'your' instead of you're for example. The bottom line is that people are often lazy and careless when it comes to basic English grammar. In some cases English is not their primary language so there can be valid reasons why simple mistakes are made. In other cases ignorance is to blame as their education is lacking. More often than not though the cause is stupidity as the person has learned the proper rules of English grammar but neglects to apply them properly.

I cringe reading corporate emails and fear for the future of literature as even Apple uses inappropriate slogans like 'the funnest iPod ever.' Don't get me started on teenagers saying 'me and my friends...' or using the word 'like' 10+ times a minute. If anyone has seen the movie Idiocracy then you know how this story ends.