Dynasty Warriors 7

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by x Zatchmo, March 8, 2011.

1. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

I've cleared Jin, gotten maybe halfway through Wei, and played a couple stages in Conquest...I feel safe saying it's definitely better :D

Story mode isn't much for replay value, but HFS they actually make you interested in the fates of those characters and you can actually keep up with the story without knowing ROTK!

Most of the movesets are completely new, though there is a rare recycled move(Sima Yi's EX attack is the last movement of his DW6 Musou for example). Most EX attacks are pretty amazing or just plain fun(Sima Zhao's bodysurfing is as awesome as it is useful). Most of the movesets are also fun, though the sword moveset(which happens to be VERY popular in story mode) is pretty dull.

Also...Cao Cao with the bo staff. Brutal.
  2. SHStiger

SHStiger New Member

I'm so undecided on if I want to spend $60 on this.
  3. Vlane

Vlane New Member

You get an achievement for killing Lu Bu. Not more is needed to recommend this game.
  4. Mrsubguy

Mrsubguy New Member

Lmao, He ws such a pain to kill i DW4...

On a side note I haven't played these games since 5 or something around there.. So i was wondering, It sounds like its a more strategic game? Whats is this with support pandas? Also... When did they have Shima Yi break off into Jin?
  5. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

Kinda wish I had money to get it. But all my money is saved for Mortal Kombat, Brink, Section 8: Prejudice, and Tribes: Ascend. Oh. And Skyrim.
  6. x Zatchmo

x Zatchmo New Member

Defeating Lu Bu in DW4 at Hu Lao Gate, not during Free Mode is impossible. You could it maybe do it if you spend countless hours running by him slashing from a horse.
  7. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

I killed him in DW4.. as him.
  8. x Zatchmo

x Zatchmo New Member

Baha. :lol:
  9. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

It's as strategic as every other DW game without "Empires" in the title. As in not at all. Some stages in story mode have lots of things happen quickly so you'll have to make some tough decisions as to which threat you take out first, but that's pretty much it. Everything else is KILL KILL KILL; and it's a good thing.

Now there are "guardian animals" in conquest mode. Which means you get to choose between Red Hare(none of the other horses are worth bothering with once you have it; no special abilities even) and some worthless critter that attacks enemies with weak attacks. You've got a small variety to choose from.

elephant: Tied in speed with the slowest horse, but has high trample damage, you're up high enough that playing Normal or below most of the time enemies won't hit you, and it has a single weak attack(compared to how they completely rocked in DW3-5).

bear: A compromise between the attacking and riding animals, you ride the bear, it has high trample damage, and a single attack. On the downside, it's slower than any horse you buy, it can't jump, and it won't attack on it's own. But hey! You're riding a frickin' bear into battle!

wolf: A gray mutt that runs around, occasionally biting enemies. It has three attacks, but it's useless.

tiger: Like the wolf, only a teensy bit stronger. Just as useless.

falcon: It's weak, but it's only attack knocks multiple enemies into the air. On the plus side it could be handy, but on the downsides it's not Red Hare and it's attack can easily interrupt your combos.

panda: As useful for damage-dealing as the others, but it also has a special attack where it produces a meat bun for you to heal with. Not very useful...

If you use any animals that you can't ride, you start off the stage on a pathetic brown horse as a way to tell you "you should be riding this horse that has fire for hair instead."
  10. Mrsubguy

Mrsubguy New Member

Ah It's nice to know that the game hasn't changed much though i think i'll steer clear of buying it, for now at least perhaps i'll borrow it later.
  11. SHStiger

SHStiger New Member

Decided to pick it up today. Got it installing now. Going to do Wu's story mode first...thank god they gave Sun Ce his tonfas back.
  12. x Zatchmo

x Zatchmo New Member

Im really torn between getting DW7 or Crysis 2, or like 3 used games from Gamestop.
  13. Shurryy

Shurryy New Member

Crysis 2... Major disappointment in my book, got tired of it quickly.

Waiting for my copy of DW7 now, but ... Waiting for Armored Core:FA as well... Oh and I have my hands full on NWN2...

I just realized I bought four games in under two weeks. o_O
    That's unusual.

Anyway I can't wait for Dynasty Warriors 7! Loved this game since I played DW2-5... Yeah even 6 to some extent. Call me mad.

EDIT:
    No wait that would be 5 games in under two weeks, recently purchased AVP from a sale on steam. 4.75! :mrgreen:
  14. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

Win.
  15. x Zatchmo

x Zatchmo New Member

I've heard differently about Crysis 2. Those people told me it was horrible for the first 4 hours of playing, and once they eventually started to gain more intimate knowledge of the Nanosuit it became easier. "This isn't a game you can jump right into and do well."
  16. Vlane

Vlane New Member

The fact that you can play online with a cracked version really tells you how much Crytek cares.
    Not really a good game in my opinion. Definitely not worth the scores it got at least.

I play a Crytek games to not be able to run it at extreme settings without any problems. They didn't even deliver on that.

And no DirectX11 patch? **** that.
  17. destructamental

destructamental New Member

I picked up DW7. It's freaking sweet.
  18. x Zatchmo

x Zatchmo New Member

I'm so close to getting it, I can't figure out what's stopping me. Probably just not wanting to pay another $60 for a game. -.-
  19. teapot

teapot Post Master General

that's whats stopping me so far
    naka333 likes this.
  20. x Zatchmo

x Zatchmo New Member

So for those of you who have it, how long do you think it will last me? Are the main stories long, because I need a break from shooters.