How Alive is MNC on PC?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by ApplePython, March 28, 2011.

1. ApplePython

ApplePython New Member

I really find MNC on the 360 to be, quite frankly, dead. Hardly any good players and most people tend to play by themselves, rather than a team. With that, I find the waits annoying and almost feel as if there really is no community for the 360. Is it any different on the PC?
  2. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

PC is doing very well.
  3. Party Gorilla

Party Gorilla New Member

I just picked up the PC version a week ago on steam and it is very active. A server with 2 or 3 players will fill very quickly, and the majority of games I have played have always filled up in a few minutes.
  4. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

The console version hasn't changed significantly since spunky. Nothing is "worse".

But yes, the PC is even more active, with even more goodies. Just remember, none of them are consistently as good as XBox players, since they have less experience. They only know a handful of XBox tricks, and aren't fluent at predicting enemies and mixing up their own tricks, or designing a full functioning team.
  5. Scuttlebutt

Scuttlebutt New Member

I play mostly late at night (US) and I have no problem finding decent servers at this point.
  6. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

That argument is losing validity rapidly, if its still valid at all.
  7. vortexcontinuum

However, PC is still full of people who don't know how to win. They will heal, or kill bots, or kill pros... But few at this point can make the effort to actually winning. Right now all people are doing is making a stalemate slightly more favorable for themselves when it is broken (overtime, successful juicing, etc.). If there's one thing I have noticed it is that when something important happens, the first thought to come to most players' minds is to high tail it back to the base and lose all the map control they worked for.
  8. ApplePython

ApplePython New Member

I see, what normally irks me is that I play Assassin specifically. Normally when I play pubs, its usually me that has to go beyong my duty as such. I normally have to build base defense, watch for bots, annihilator, overextending pros, and pushing in for the money More than what I really ought to do. Instead of just carrying, I'd actually to enjoy a game or two with people that like to play as a team. Thanks for the responses.
  9. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

Add me on steam (search Dehydratedwater[pwns]) and play some time, I usually have a few competent people in my room because I generally play with friends.
  10. ApplePython

ApplePython New Member

I will when I get the chance, but currently, I do not have MNC on Steam. But I'll be sure to add you when I get it.
  11. kotay

kotay New Member

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

online now|max today
    275 944 Monday Night Combat

game is not really popular on pc to be completely honest, before the free wekkend this number was half what it is now. Best thing to do is keep checking steam stats at times you will be playing and see if it is busy for you, but i see the same people in the same 2 servers that are busy everyday.
  12. Gozuu

Gozuu New Member

Not enough marketing. Get it on the newssites, PCGamer.com gave it a 91! That's amongst games like Call of Duty & Crysis getting the same scores.

It's all about reaching out to the masses awaiting this, and especially with a price tag of $15 it should be skyrocketing sales. I mean, the gameplay owns Black Ops in every single way.
  13. Shurryy

Shurryy New Member

The PC Community is alive and well, at late evenings you find several dedicated servers filled up to the max and might even have to wait for a long while to get a spot if you absolutely want to get into that server. And there's no shortage of servers I assure you.

Far from dying, it's just GROWING considering it was #1 on steams most sold game for... Yeah I forgot what it's called.
  14. kotay

kotay New Member

15. benzito7

benzito7 Member

I played mostly the Xbox 360 version as well, I am ranked in the Top 500 (Xbox Live Gamer Tag : Benzito7).

I started to switch to the PC version, but I am acussed most of the time of being a cheater because I actually know how to play the game. (it is very freaking annoying)

I would love to play with and against competent player on Steam, please feel free to add me on your friend list, my steam id : BenoitM
  16. vortexcontinuum

No wonder you played on Xbox. You are the only Gunner that has managed to kill me without any advantages.
  17. benzito7

benzito7 Member

I got my first uberstreak on PC yesterday night, went 34-9-1, I was right away accused of cheating and people were voting to kick me out of the servers.

So funny, on the xbox 360 version I get often games with 40+ kills and never get **** like this.

I guess I need to find friends on the PC version as well.
  18. Mastah

Mastah New Member

What about people who have played on the Xbox since the beginning and switched to PC when it came out ? I'm sure I'm not the only one ;)
  19. Diable

Diable New Member

Same here. While I'm not anywhere close to the Top 500. I think I've paid my dues on the 360 version. Some people still freak out when I double grapple. I'll give you an add when I get home. I normally play support or tank.

A few of my friends watching me play over that free weekend accused me of killing the game for newbies making them think the learning curve of the game was extremely high. I'd really hate for that to be the case.
  20. benzito7

benzito7 Member

Great, would love to play the PC version with fellow Xbox 360 owner ! My best class is by far the gunner would be great to play with a decent support !!! Hopefully we can play a few games tonight !!!